U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 AM

33,344 posts, read 20,131,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
We played WW 2 as best that we could under the circumstances at the time. Playing Monday Quarterback and say silly things that we should have taken on the RED ARMY which was 3 times bigger than all of the other allies combine on their turf plus have the Chinese involved really doesn't understand military tactics and numbers.

This isn't a PS4 game.......and you don't beat the RED ARMY or the Chinese Army by just bombing them from the air, this ain't XBOX, eventually we had to put American ground troops against them and NONE of our western allies were going to jump on the bandwagon for that ignorant move. Most of Europe was broke in 1945 and nobody wanted to extend the war to take on the RED ARMY and the Chinese on their turf......Not the French and not the British.
I agree with this post 100% I also agree with your other posts in this thread.

I would like to add:

Why did the U.S. win ww2?

1. Technology (A Bomb)

2. Industrial might. - great commitment.

3. Sacrifices by US domestically - the homefront.

Students and others collected scraps. / Women /
Massive government and private investment to war industry (Like it or not, this is important)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 01:15 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,831,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You obviously didn't pay attention. You and I probably wouldn't do well in a one on one conversation, I'm sorry to say. I'm sure you're a wonderful human being otherwise.

Here'a what you missed in class, little scooter.

https://books.google.com/books?id=3D...201988&f=false

Haudenosaunee Impact Recognized by Congress | Oneida Indian Nation | Sovereignty

"Now, therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled, that:"

"Whereas, the original framers of the constitution, including most notably, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, are known to have greatly admired the concepts, principles and government practices of the Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy; and
Whereas, the Confederation of the original thirteen colonies into one Republic was explicitly modeled upon the Iroquois Confederacy as were many of the democratic principles which were incorporated into the Constitution itself; and,
Now, therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled, that:

1) The Congress, on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, acknowledges the historical debt which this Republic of the United States of America owes to the Iroquois Confederacy and other Indian Nations for their demonstration of enlightened, democratic principles of government and their example of a free association of independent Indian Nations;"

Of which this nation's founding principles are based...........

These are the exact words of the House of representatives and the U.S. Senate, put into the congressional record, on September 26th, 1988.
You simple, simple tool.

But of course we were just pagan savages who reveled in Blood and horrendous deeds, perpetrated on each other, until the Euro came and save us from ourselves.
I count more than 50 posts using this argument in this thread alone.

When the Constitution of the United States was made, The Indian and the Euro still thought that both cultures could learn from each other and share in harmony.
Together, we crafted the most perfect document of governing and human interaction ever put to paper by mankind. It remains so today.
The belief that our two cultures could move forward, together, in harmony..............? That idea, soon faded into the dustbin of history.
Show me where their written language is and then I will acknowledge merit on the subject.

Whoops, the Iroquois didn't have a written language. Next.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:20 PM

13,090 posts, read 7,817,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Show me where their written language is and then I will acknowledge merit on the subject.

Whoops, the Iroquois didn't have a written language. Next.
WTF?????????

You deny the veracity of the United States Congress and their actual Congressional resolution?

Are you aware that all the Iroquois Chiefs were specifically invited to the first continental congress to provide input to the founders on how we were able to get 5 different tribes to agree to a uniform democracy and how the founders could get 13 different states to do the same?

ARe you aware that the Constitution is a litteral cut and paste of the Iroquois Great Law of Peace, recorded on beadwork from the 11th Century?

Are you aware that the Iroquois Confederacy is the oldest known continuous democracy on the planet?

Are you aware that John Hancock was formally given an Iroquois name of "Great Tree" in honor of the fact that he endorsed the principles of the Great Law of Peace into your founding document?

Are you aware that the wording of the Declaration of Independence was lifted from an Iroquois Document of principles?

"In 1754 Franklin asked a gathering of American colonial delegates—white men—to use the constitution of the Iroquois Confederacy, adopted in a peaceful merger of six combative tribes, as a model for what would eventually, in 1781, be ratified as the U.S. Articles of Confederation. The Iroquois constitution banned the forced entry of private homes by a tribal government, protected freedom of political and religious expression, and imposed the impeachment of corrupt leaders.

Among the long list of other fascinating Indian unknowns, the fact that Articles I, VI and VII of our Constitution are modeled after the Iroquois charter, is a story not widely perceived. Not until 1987 did the U.S. Senate finally pass a resolution stating that the U.S. Constitution had been modeled on American Indian democracy."

From http://www.washingtonspectator.com/a...15indian_2.cfm

Bottom line, you used our system of government, which was unique to the world, to form your own.

You, Govie, represent exactly the problem I exposed in my earlier post on this thread. That the white man will rewrite history to reflect what never existed, exalts their glory, and write's the redman out of the Nation's Heritage. You refuse to give respect to the redman for what he has given you in the formation of your nation.
Until you acknowledge this, there will never be mutual respect among our peoples.

Your words are Spoken like a true blind, partisan idiot.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-28-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 03:30 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,831,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
WTF?????????

You deny the veracity of the United States Congress and their actual Congressional resolution?

Are you aware that all the Iroquois Chiefs were specifically invited to the first continental congress to provide input to the founders on how we were able to get 5 different tribes to agree to a uniform democracy and how the founders could get 13 different states to do the same?

ARe you aware that the Constitution is a litteral cut and paste of the Iroquois Great Law of Peace, recorded on beadwork from the 11th Century?

Are you aware that the Iroquois Confederacy is the oldest known continuous democracy on the planet?

Are you aware that John Hancock was formally given an Iroquois name of "Great Tree" in honor of the fact that he endorsed the principles of the Great Law of Peace into your founding document?

Are you aware that the wording of the Declaration of Independence was lifted from an Iroquois Document of principles?

"In 1754 Franklin asked a gathering of American colonial delegates—white men—to use the constitution of the Iroquois Confederacy, adopted in a peaceful merger of six combative tribes, as a model for what would eventually, in 1781, be ratified as the U.S. Articles of Confederation. The Iroquois constitution banned the forced entry of private homes by a tribal government, protected freedom of political and religious expression, and imposed the impeachment of corrupt leaders.

Among the long list of other fascinating Indian unknowns, the fact that Articles I, VI and VII of our Constitution are modeled after the Iroquois charter, is a story not widely perceived. Not until 1987 did the U.S. Senate finally pass a resolution stating that the U.S. Constitution had been modeled on American Indian democracy."

From http://www.washingtonspectator.com/a...15indian_2.cfm

Bottom line, you used our system of government, which was unique to the world, to form your own.

You, Govie, represent exactly the problem I exposed in my earlier post on this thread. That the white man will rewrite history to reflect what never existed, exalts their glory, and write's the redman out of the Nation's Heritage. You refuse to give respect to the redman for what he has given you in the formation of your nation.
Until you acknowledge this, there will never be mutual respect among our peoples.

Your words are Spoken like a true blind, partisan idiot
Oh please. You're the side that will never, under any circumstances, acknowledge that my ancestors were the greatest explorers, pioneers and creators the human race has ever known. As long as you will not acknowledge, nor will I.

This works both ways.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:30 PM

8,422 posts, read 4,369,209 times
Why would anyone be proud of a country who always accuses other nations of human rights violations when they refuse to honor International Law and The Geneva Convention themselves?

Is anyone proud of our part in torturing prisoners?

Extraordinary rendition

Extraordinary rendition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-29-2015, 08:53 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,765,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Why would anyone be proud of a country who always accuses other nations of human rights violations when they refuse to honor International Law and The Geneva Convention themselves?

Is anyone proud of our part in torturing prisoners?

Extraordinary rendition

Extraordinary rendition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

another WIKipedia person.

you don't know what is torture and to live under a totalitarian state.

yes, I'm proud of my country because if you balance out everything under the scale, the U.S. by far contributes positively to make the world a better place.

and no, I'm not losing any sleep because after 9/11 our government water boarded a few Al Qaeda leaders to get INTEL to stop other attacks.......I'm sure you think more about those a-holes than the 3,000 Americans who were burned alive just because they were Americans.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:07 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,017,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Do you feel this way about the people of Texas mocking a US Army officer and accusing him and the whole US military of plotting the Federal govt take over of Texas? Or the Gov of Texas musing on secession of his state?
My post was directed to I Love Autumn with her very hateful comments about the US. The "Texas" thing I ain't aware of.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 PM

20,675 posts, read 8,831,315 times
Quote:
funny, name me 1 country that didn't take land from the original natives from Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas.

you better take a long course on World History and learn how each country in the world was formed.

didn't Native tribes from the Americas (North, Central, South America and the Caribbean) slaughtered other tribes for land and slavery ?....or all the natives shared their lands peacefully with all the tribes?
I don't care about other countries, I care about mine. We did not have to slaughter native americans to take control, we could have lived peacefully. Thomas jefferson did not have to isolate them with his indian removal act.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:09 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,017,154 times
Quote:
Germany who had an advanced Army at the time tried that and failed...........you are talking about fighting the Red Army which was 3 times bigger than the rest of the Allied Armies combine on their turf.

You don't beat the Red Army by just bombing them eventually we had to put troops on the ground and you had to put the Chinese into the equation into a full scale war.

It was unwise to attack the Red Army at the time or anytime during the cold war....I'm sure our generals told that to our WAR HAWK presidents FDR and Truman at the time.

The best way to bring down the Soviets without starting WW 3 and a nuclear holocaust was the way the U.S. did it for 45 years, make them go broke within by arms race, intelligence and military tactics. They couldn't keep up and we didn't need to sacrifice millions of Americans/Allies military and civilians and most of the world destroyed.
Till Russia got nukes; they weren't any position to attack the US or England and Stalin KNEW that. A few well place nuke bombs and Russia would've given up IMHO.

China: they became Commie about the same time Stalin got nukes around 1948. That's what I meant by crushing Russia in late 1945, China was still a full on mess with what Japan did to it.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:11 PM

20,675 posts, read 8,831,315 times
Quote:
another WIKipedia person.

you don't know what is torture and to live under a totalitarian state.

yes, I'm proud of my country because if you balance out everything under the scale, the U.S. by far contributes positively to make the world a better place.

and no, I'm not losing any sleep because after 9/11 our government water boarded a few Al Qaeda leaders to get INTEL to stop other attacks.......I'm sure you think more about those a-holes than the 3,000 Americans who were burned alive just because they were Americans.
And where do you get your info from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or