Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 03:10 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Hogwash. All of it.

They didn't even have written language until the gringos showed up and civilized them.

LMAO!!! if you let them they would also come up with stories that the Natives came up with the idea and the blue print of the train, electricity, telephone, automobile and the white man came and stole it from Indians.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 04:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!! if you let them they would also come up with stories that the Natives came up with the idea and the blue print of the train, electricity, telephone, automobile and the white man came and stole it from Indians.....lol
They didn't split the Atom?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:09 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Pretty much - the liberull revisionist (propaganda) history playbook - spread lies and cockamamie nonsense as if it were gospel.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
A most dubious piece of misinformation if ever there was one.

They tried to propagate this piece of nonsense to me when I was taking a course in Native American history in college and there was little proof to back it up.

More left-wing hogwash to try to besmirch, vilify and trash the great and unparalleled accomplishments of the great Europeans who created this country.
You obviously didn't pay attention. You and I probably wouldn't do well in a one on one conversation, I'm sorry to say. I'm sure you're a wonderful human being otherwise.

Here'a what you missed in class, little scooter.

https://books.google.com/books?id=3D...201988&f=false

Haudenosaunee Impact Recognized by Congress | Oneida Indian Nation | Sovereignty

"Now, therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled, that:"

"Whereas, the original framers of the constitution, including most notably, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, are known to have greatly admired the concepts, principles and government practices of the Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy; and
Whereas, the Confederation of the original thirteen colonies into one Republic was explicitly modeled upon the Iroquois Confederacy as were many of the democratic principles which were incorporated into the Constitution itself; and,
Now, therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled, that:

1) The Congress, on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, acknowledges the historical debt which this Republic of the United States of America owes to the Iroquois Confederacy and other Indian Nations for their demonstration of enlightened, democratic principles of government and their example of a free association of independent Indian Nations;"

Of which this nation's founding principles are based...........

These are the exact words of the House of representatives and the U.S. Senate, put into the congressional record, on September 26th, 1988.
You simple, simple tool.

But of course we were just pagan savages who reveled in Blood and horrendous deeds, perpetrated on each other, until the Euro came and save us from ourselves.
I count more than 50 posts using this argument in this thread alone.

When the Constitution of the United States was made, The Indian and the Euro still thought that both cultures could learn from each other and share in harmony.
Together, we crafted the most perfect document of governing and human interaction ever put to paper by mankind. It remains so today.
The belief that our two cultures could move forward, together, in harmony..............? That idea, soon faded into the dustbin of history.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-27-2015 at 11:31 PM..

Old 05-27-2015, 11:46 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Maybe because a lot of people deeply love the USA? Crazy thought, I know.

Wait a minute, I thought all you gung ho America loving right wingers love your sovereign state above all? What is with all this love for the "USA"? Where are all the Libertarians on here as I thought they would be bashing Lincoln and the Fed Govt?

Old 05-27-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What are you talking about? Nazi Germany WAS taken down WITHOUT nukes. Why Japan was nuked was to force the Japanese to give up. Had we gone "conventional warfare" on Japan; it'd probably cost a whole lot more lives on both sides.

Like I've said before: if you don't like how we roll in the US, please find another country to live in. Sheesh!

Do you feel this way about the people of Texas mocking a US Army officer and accusing him and the whole US military of plotting the Federal govt take over of Texas? Or the Gov of Texas musing on secession of his state?

Last edited by tom77falcons; 05-28-2015 at 12:06 AM..

Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Is Anyone Really Proud Of U.S History?

Damn right! I am proud of our history.

How about the part where the tyrant Lincoln and the evil Fed Govt upended the Confederacy? Does SC still celebrate Confederate Memorial Day?

You mean "your" history. You live in the sovereign republic of South Carolina I thought. Isn't your state just a voluntary member of a compact with my state?

Last edited by tom77falcons; 05-28-2015 at 12:25 AM..

Old 05-28-2015, 07:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Regardless, my point is, America played WWII VERY BADLY. The Soviet Union was a much bigger threat to world peace than the Nazis. And FDR played WWII the worst of all. When he basically let the Soviets do whatever they wanted, after giving them massive aid, basically for free(they never even paid for most of it).

Had America played WWII better, there never would have been a Cold War. For that matter, if the allies hadn't been such douchebags during and after WWI, there might have never been a WWII at all.

Though I can say, I'm at least moderately proud of Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points(even though I hate Woodrow Wilson for the Federal Reserve). Had the scumbag French actually listened to Woodrow Wilson, they wouldn't have become the joke of the world, after Hitler treated them like a punching bag.

I also think Britain played WWII really badly as well. Churchill was a jerk, and Britain ultimately lost its empire(which it was basically fighting Germany to protect). It definitely had no business going to war against Germany when it did. It wasn't doing it in the name of freedom or justice. It was all about trying to keep Germany weak, and thus to maintain "British imperial hegemony/power".

WWII was really nothing but a bunch of imperial powers duking it out with each other. Though I do concede, the United States(under FDR) was the most virtuous of the bunch. But that isn't saying much.
To be fair: we're looking back at how things came down AFTER the fact.

Tho our biggest mistake was NOT crippling Russia and Stalin, it WAS doable in 1945. Even Japan was "harmless" before we nuked it so the US could've started bombing the Red Army AND blasting Moscow along with cutting off ALL supplies to Russia. In a few months Russia would've been wanting to surrender because most of their fighting age men would've been dead and their transport systems torn to pieces.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: we're looking back at how things came down AFTER the fact.

Tho our biggest mistake was NOT crippling Russia and Stalin, it WAS doable in 1945. Even Japan was "harmless" before we nuked it so the US could've started bombing the Red Army AND blasting Moscow along with cutting off ALL supplies to Russia. In a few months Russia would've been wanting to surrender because most of their fighting age men would've been dead and their transport systems torn to pieces.

Germany who had an advanced Army at the time tried that and failed...........you are talking about fighting the Red Army which was 3 times bigger than the rest of the Allied Armies combine on their turf.

You don't beat the Red Army by just bombing them eventually we had to put troops on the ground and you had to put the Chinese into the equation into a full scale war.

It was unwise to attack the Red Army at the time or anytime during the cold war....I'm sure our generals told that to our WAR HAWK presidents FDR and Truman at the time.

The best way to bring down the Soviets without starting WW 3 and a nuclear holocaust was the way the U.S. did it for 45 years, make them go broke within by arms race, intelligence and military tactics. They couldn't keep up and we didn't need to sacrifice millions of Americans/Allies military and civilians and most of the world destroyed.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:17 AM

We played WW 2 as best that we could under the circumstances at the time. Playing Monday Quarterback and say silly things that we should have taken on the RED ARMY which was 3 times bigger than all of the other allies combine on their turf plus have the Chinese involved really doesn't understand military tactics and numbers.

This isn't a PS4 game.......and you don't beat the RED ARMY or the Chinese Army by just bombing them from the air, this ain't XBOX, eventually we had to put American ground troops against them and NONE of our western allies were going to jump on the bandwagon for that ignorant move. Most of Europe was broke in 1945 and nobody wanted to extend the war to take on the RED ARMY and the Chinese on their turf......Not the French and not the British.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies