Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,896,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is Anyone Really Proud Of U.S History? Absolutely! The events from 1750 to 1850 were the greatest advances of freedom in the history of the world.
Agreed. Some would also like to point out the Founders' flaws regarding slavery and how that contradicts the idea of liberty and freedom. But slavery has always been considered an economic institution, dating back to time immemorial. And slavery still continues in much of Africa and other parts of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 01:13 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Quote Posted by Hellion1999 from post 297

2) What contributions the natives made in America that you and the masses enjoy today? name 1......and I don't mean Navajo Tacos.

My response.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, for one. It is essentially a cut and paste of the Iroquois Great Law of Peace written in the 11 century.
The founders of this great nation wanted to know how to bind 13 separate and independent colonies into one nation. They Studied and took the governmental organization of the Iroquois confederacy as their model and incorporated it into the foundation and basic tenants of their constitution. Much of the wording is exact.

I find it absolutely amazing that I've posted this exact information at least 6 times in this thread and it's as if it was done in invisible ink. You all seem to pretend it doesn't exist for some strange reason.

What could be a more valuable and lasting contribution, to a nation, than the very constitution that that nation is founded on?

Listen, as a history major myself i'm all about learning, enjoying and respecting another's culture and seeing the beauty in it, but when you masquerade falsehoods of silliness around that's where you lose me.

You had no written language and yet somehow your people were the "framers". Silliness.

Again, I think there is a lot that can be learned and respected about Native American culture but you hurt any bridges that could be built with the nonsense.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:33 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
I am proud of our country. Yes, we have done some bad things but show me a country that hasn't.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Agreed. Some would also like to point out the Founders' flaws regarding slavery and how that contradicts the idea of liberty and freedom. But slavery has always been considered an economic institution, dating back to time immemorial. And slavery still continues in much of Africa and other parts of the world.
Just because something is an "economic institution" makes it socially permissible. For a time, sadly it was and most people didn't bat their eyes at it.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:41 PM

676 posts, read 989,147 times
All white americans must hate themsleves !

The white man is a criminal !

Old 06-01-2015, 06:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Listen, as a history major myself i'm all about learning, enjoying and respecting another's culture and seeing the beauty in it, but when you masquerade falsehoods of silliness around that's where you lose me.

You had no written language and yet somehow your people were the "framers". Silliness.

Again, I think there is a lot that can be learned and respected about Native American culture but you hurt any bridges that could be built with the nonsense.
Then I will draw the obvious conclusion that you will not believe the fact that Congress passed Senate Resolution 331 in October 1988 specifically acknowledging the Iroquois Confederacy for their input and contribution in the framing of the United States Constitution. Please note where it says explicitly that "Whereas, the Confederation of the original thirteen colonies into one Republic was explicitly modeled upon the Iroquois Confederacy"

I mean, how much more proof do you need?

I believe you and I are done here and will just say that your mindset perfectly exemplifies the callous disregard for the Historical truth that many Euro descendants have today towards the AI and is the root cause of our disconnections.
Just for the rest who care, the actual wording of Congressional resolution 331 is cut and pasted here.
I'm done with this thread. One can only show the truth so many times and be rejected for it before they have to move on.

Actual wording of Congressional Resolution of 10/88. Senate Bill 331

"To acknowledge the contribution of the Iroquois Confederacy of Nations to the development of the United States Constitution Whereas, the original framers of the constitution, including most notably, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, are known to have greatly admired the concepts, principles and government practices of the Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy; and

Whereas, the Confederation of the original thirteen colonies into one Republic was explicitly modeled upon the Iroquois Confederacy as were many of the democratic principles which were incorporated into the Constitution itself; and,
Now, therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States in Congress assembled, that:

1) The Congress, on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, acknowledges the historical debt which this Republic of the United States of America owes to the Iroquois Confederacy and other Indian Nations for their demonstration of enlightened, democratic principles of government and their example of a free association of independent Indian Nations;"

The was done on the two hundredth anniversary of the Constitution so it is considered significant and important to American History as it is for the Iroquois confederacy..

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-01-2015 at 06:47 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 09:08 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Quote Posted by Hellion1999 from post 297

2) What contributions the natives made in America that you and the masses enjoy today? name 1......and I don't mean Navajo Tacos.

My response.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, for one. It is essentially a cut and paste of the Iroquois Great Law of Peace written in the 11 century.
The founders of this great nation wanted to know how to bind 13 separate and independent colonies into one nation. They Studied and took the governmental organization of the Iroquois confederacy as their model and incorporated it into the foundation and basic tenants of their constitution. Much of the wording is exact.

I find it absolutely amazing that I've posted this exact information at least 6 times in this thread and it's as if it was done in invisible ink. You all seem to pretend it doesn't exist for some strange reason.

What could be a more valuable and lasting contribution, to a nation, than the very constitution that that nation is founded on?

quit smoking crack or get a refund from whatever left wing liberal institution taught you this bullshiat!

The Natives had a bill of rights and a separation of powers? LMAO!!!

what's the next bullshiat they sold you, that Henry Ford stole the idea of the auto from the natives.....the natives invented the train, electricity and telephone and the evil white man stole it from them.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

fact is everything the far left hates about our history, United States inherited from all the cultures that came from all parts of the world. Its call how human beings were.

Slavery came from all over the world and landed in the U.S.......we ended it quickly less than 90 years by a civil war when the rest of the world had it for centuries and some still practice it today.

Racism and discrimination was practiced by the majorities against the minorities of all countries for centuries way before the U.S.A was founded. You think if blacks were the majority there wouldn't be any racism and discrimination against whites or brown people or towards orientals as minorities? the U.S. inherited that from the world and we have reformed it faster than any other country who are a lot older than the U.S.A and still the liberals complain and have resentment about our history and what our country stands for.

How women had limited rights in the past , also was inherited from the world. It was tradition and culture that males were more valuable than females...from Europe, Asia, India, Africa......even the natives in the Americas had the same values, they gave more importance to males than females in the tribes and family traditions. European Civilization were better towards women than other cultures by far.

All those things that liberals hate about our history and always bring it up are things the U.S. didn't invent or started, it was inherited from cultures and traditions from the rest of the world and they brought to the U.S.A.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
quit smoking crack or get a refund from whatever left wing liberal institution taught you this bullshiat!

what's the next bullshiat they sold you, that Henry Ford stole the idea of the auto from the natives.....the natives invented the train, electricity and telephone and the evil white man stole it from them.

I've never smoked crack in my life. This is the Actual History of my tribe, handed down from generation to generation. That's the problem, it isn't taught in schools.

Chp 8: A New Chapter, Images of native America in the writings of Franklin, Jefferson, and Paine, "Exemplar Of Liberty"

"At this time, Adams became interested in formulating "constitutions for single colonies" and a "great model for Union for the whole." A few months later in April of 1776, Adams published his Thoughts on Government , which was intended as a handbook for the implementing of new American state and national constitutions as independence unfolded. Later, Adams would write in his Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States (1787) of the "precise" separation of powers that were present in American Indian nations on the eve of the creation of the United States Constitution. As with the earlier Thoughts on Government, the Defence was meant to be used as a handbook at the Constitutional Convention. American Revolutionaries like John Adams sought to retain their sacred "property rights" as Englishmen"

Old 06-02-2015, 02:58 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies