Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Leftists do you consider Obama or Hillary left wing
Obama yes Hillary no 2 5.71%
Hillary yes Obama no 1 2.86%
Yes both are 8 22.86%
No, neither are 24 68.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:57 PM

934 posts, read 595,410 times

Advertisements

I know conservative republicans consider them commies, but do leftists claim either one of them as their own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 04:05 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
The 5,000,000-strong amnesty immigration-reform, and gun control ("We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar," he said to Sarah Brady (Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley - The Washington Post)), and imposition of collectivist Health Care Insurance mandates and new taxes in lieu of them for the edict's dissidents (and forcing employers to buy Plan B insurance), and signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, etc.; and "clinging to their guns and Bibles" mocking, and "You didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" asserting, and "So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted," Climate Change chanting progressive-leftist Barack Obama is also pushing for passage of communist, feudalistic, world government TPP--as is Hillary.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:08 PM

934 posts, read 595,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The 5,000,000-strong amnesty immigration-reform, and gun control ("We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar," he said to Sarah Brady (Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley - The Washington Post)), and imposition of collectivist Health Care Insurance mandates and new taxes in lieu of them for the edict's dissidents (and forcing employers to buy Plan B insurance), and signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, etc.; and "clinging to their guns and Bibles" mocking, and "You didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" asserting, and "So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted," Climate Change chanting progressive-leftist Barack Obama is also pushing for passage of communist, feudalistic, world government TPP--as is Hillary.
Youre a leftist????????????

Old 05-20-2015, 04:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
I see both Obama and Clinton as being centrist, with Obama possibly a bit more left.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:21 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
I'd say they're center left as most, but realistically still pretty much center. Honestly, the difference between Republicans and Democrats is pretty small, when we're talking about the politicians. Most of them are center right, sometimes center left. They act like they care about certain issues, but it's all the filler issues. If we actually have liberals and conservatives, as we see them, things like gay marriage would be addressed once then it'd be over. Small government conservatives would just say keep government out of marriage, and the liberals would just go with that as progress.

Of course, guys like Ted Cruz, who recently said gay marriage is the biggest threat Christianity has ever seen (so step up, ISIS, you're falling behind when Teddy is making a different point), are sort of the anomaly, but the Republicans in their current state of instability seem to be attracting that lot.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
I won't vote since I'm not a lefty, but my impression is that Obama is still a true-believer collectivist, but Hillary Clinton is not.

If you listen to Pres. Obama carefully, you can often hear echoes of left-liberal memes in his speech. I have a feeling he is logging onto Daily Kos whenever he gets time. Who knows, maybe he even has an account here on CD.

Hillary Clinton might have been a true believer at some point, but those days are gone. If she were would she have given a couple speeches for over $400,000 to Goldman Sachs?
Hillary Clinton nets $400K for 2 speeches at Goldman Sachs | Daily Mail Online

Hillary is all about advancing her interests and those of her band of friends and allies. When Obama asked her to be Secretary of State, she turned him down. When she accepted, she made no demands about policy, but she demanded the prerogative to put HER people into State Dept. slots, to which Pres. Obama agreed.

I don't notice any echoes of daily Kos in Hillary's banter, which in any case is probably carefully scripted and fully focused-grouped. That's how the Clintons roll.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:12 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,285 times
I'd call both centrists, and possibly center-right.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Oh good, a C-D leftist list.

This is like a "Conservatives, who's ideas do you care for more ; Conservatives or Leftists?" poll.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Obama represented himself as a leftest when elected, and has slowly shifted to the center. Clinton is a centrist. And I might even argue center right.

People consider me leftest here btw....so I am voting. But I am more independent in my opinion

Old 05-20-2015, 06:17 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Nope, you're on the list now having voluntarily submitting your name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies