U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:36 PM

11,050 posts, read 6,465,612 times

Advertisements

I tried to call a credit card company this week and it touted 24/7 customer service but every time I called the automated system said "your call could not be transferred" to a customer service agent. I eventually just called my bank to straighten things out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 07:58 PM

50,132 posts, read 26,552,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow, it was expected but didn't take long for "It's Obama's fault" to raise it's silly head.
I know man. I was gonna say something about it...

But...I just...can't right now. I don't have the patience to deal with right wingers right now. It's too late in the day.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Gotta love the American names those operators have.

Yellow dis iss Tom.

Uh yeah I doubt that.

Wow a DD Rant thread. Don't think I've ever seen one of those.
Yeah...I have my moments. Seriously, if I was gonna get this p*ssed off about it, I could've made these calls from work and not wasted a few personal days on it. I just figured that I'd lounge around the house while one repairman and tech traipsed in and out of the house. I've also got carpet cleaners, bug guy and swamp cooler tech coming out.

Thank goodness those guys are locals. I couldn't take another phone call to India without having a stroke.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Sirius and TimeWarner Cable reps have always been US based & "American" when I've called. What cable co. did you call?
Sirius to my knowledge is run out of Quebec. But when you call customer service, I almost ALWAYS get an Indian on the line.

Look, I've got nothing against Indians...they're quite lovely I'm sure, but the accents are so bad sometimes that it's unbearable. You can't just assign these people to handle American subscribers if people can't understand them. I pay damn good money to Sirius for 4 radios, and I'd appreciate some decent service, thank you very much.

My cable service is Cox.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:51 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,411,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So I took a few personal days off this week to tie up some loose ends this week that were overdue to get done, and my blood pressure is going through the roof.

First up, Sirius Radio. I called up to renew my subscription and I couldn't understand a single thing the guy was saying. I was reduced to a bunch of "huhs...ummmm yeahs, could you repeat that, and what was that again?"

Next, Sears refrigerator repair. Same thing. Need a service tech to come out and I couldn't even understand when and what time the guy would be coming out.

Sears...an American company. I can't call for a simple repair and get someone speaking clear English.

Lastly, I went and picked up two new HD cable boxes and traded in my old ones. My service provider tells me to install them myself if I prefer, and if I have any issues, call their Tech support.

Well, as you can imagine, there were some glitches....so I called tech support.

Once again, I get a guy who speaks English with such a thick accent that our conversation was totally useless. I had to call the cable company back and request that a tech come out and complete the job. Of course, I exploded in anger over the phone at the poor lady who wasn't responsible for my situation, but damn...how much of this stuff can a man take?

(My wife made me send her a gift card and an apology...so I don't feel as bad about my behavior)

Still though...am I the only one that's had about enough of this crap? I can't be the only one.
NAFTA signed by Clinton caused all those jobs to be outsourced to India. Maybe he was taking Hillary's advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM

51,708 posts, read 41,644,152 times
Quote:
So I took a few personal days off this week to tie up some loose ends this week that were overdue to get done, and my blood pressure is going through the roof.

First up, Sirius Radio. I called up to renew my subscription and I couldn't understand a single thing the guy was saying. I was reduced to a bunch of "huhs...ummmm yeahs, could you repeat that, and what was that again?"

Next, Sears refrigerator repair. Same thing. Need a service tech to come out and I couldn't even understand when and what time the guy would be coming out.

Sears...an American company. I can't call for a simple repair and get someone speaking clear English.

Lastly, I went and picked up two new HD cable boxes and traded in my old ones. My service provider tells me to install them myself if I prefer, and if I have any issues, call their Tech support.

Well, as you can imagine, there were some glitches....so I called tech support.

Once again, I get a guy who speaks English with such a thick accent that our conversation was totally useless. I had to call the cable company back and request that a tech come out and complete the job. Of course, I exploded in anger over the phone at the poor lady who wasn't responsible for my situation, but damn...how much of this stuff can a man take?

(My wife made me send her a gift card and an apology...so I don't feel as bad about my behavior)

Still though...am I the only one that's had about enough of this crap? I can't be the only one.
100% agree. I had trouble with my new cable provider and went through the online trouble shoot...then had to talk to a guy in India reading off a script. I hadn't had a DVR so after 40 minutes they sent out a tech that immediately rebooted the master DVR. I had asked the guy on the phone if I needed to reboot the other DVR's in the house after doing one of them...he said no.

I feel for ya.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 PM

21,392 posts, read 14,290,199 times
Quote:

I read a long story about someone who tried to get Sears to change the direction of the door opening on their new refrigerator in California somewhere, this was a long write up of all the phone calls and canceled appointments made by Sears, as well as all the manager reassurances. When they did show up they didn't have the correct parts, and the customer waited for them to arrive. When they arrived they still were not the correct parts. This went on for over three months.

I honestly don't know how much longer that store will remain open when I read stories about their customer service, it sounds to be about as bad as it can get.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:37 PM

21,392 posts, read 14,290,199 times
Quote:
Wow, it was expected but didn't take long for "It's Obama's fault" to raise it's silly head.
You think they would miss a chance to whine and blame their problems on Obama?

These poor souls need someone to blame for their own miserable lives.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:41 PM

1,623 posts, read 824,999 times
Default Not Just Call Centers

It is not just the calls centers; I work for a very large bank, and now a days, I am surprised to have a second and third level technician that joins a calls that does not have a really thick broken accent; that does speak English if you can call it that. It is almost a pleasant surprise to have someone join that can speak normal English.

I remember a fellow engineer asking a manager if there were any job opening in the managers department, and the manger said sure if you are from Guadalajara Mexico; or Gurgaon India or some other such place; I can get you hired, but if not forget it.

I have had technicians on the line that I flat out could not understand them, I indicated please instant message me, at least I can understand what they would type.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:03 PM

25,631 posts, read 30,336,318 times
Quote:
Yeah...I have my moments. Seriously, if I was gonna get this p*ssed off about it, I could've made these calls from work and not wasted a few personal days on it. I just figured that I'd lounge around the house while one repairman and tech traipsed in and out of the house. I've also got carpet cleaners, bug guy and swamp cooler tech coming out.

Thank goodness those guys are locals. I couldn't take another phone call to India without having a stroke.
Goodthing you have CD to take your frustrations out on us conservatards.

Ok back to our corners... ding..ding..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or