Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:22 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain.

Also, that automated line that gives you a menu of numbers to press (none pertaining to your issue) in order to get to a live person (which just takes you to another answering service) and when you finally get a live person (who speaks broken English) can take a flying leap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 01:25 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Hey, this is what you o'bots voted for. Now you're complaining??
sorry, I know it's fun to blame Obama for everything but this crap with offshore tech support and call centers started before Obama was even in the Illinois Senate

Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
The companies that I have had the best phone support experience are
Amazon
Schwab Bank
Comcast
Logitech
Ting Mobile
USAA

They might offshore some of their support, but I have always talked to someone in the US and support has been fantastic

Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I hate to sound crass but in some areas, finding quality tech support people is almost impossible. I used to work for a large tech support center in a rural area of Virginia. The town was only about 3,500 people and has gone through virtually all of the available applicants due to firing them, lack of competence on the employees' part, not training properly on the employers' part, poor wages, people moving on to better areas, etc.

Tech support requires a lot of technical knowledge, on the fly decision making, and good customer service skills. It's often paid very poorly.
No kidding!!! Yeah, that's why i've been ranting like a lunatic for the last 3 days.

These guys are giving very complicated jobs to people that are probably pretty smart, but can't speak English worth a damn. We're paying good money for these services, but the service providers are so damn greedy that they don't wanna pay qualified people with good language skills to staff these jobs. The CEO needs another frickin' yacht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
So January 2009 is when all the call centers moved to India overnight? And you are sure about that?
Pay that poster no mind no matter what the topic is. Just some good advice.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Amazon
Schwab Bank
Comcast
Logitech
Ting Mobile
USAA

They might offshore some of their support, but I have always talked to someone in the US and support has been fantastic
I agree about Amazon. They work to solve problems immediately and it's an actual clear English speaking live person on the line with you in a matter of seconds.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Amazon
Schwab Bank
Comcast
Logitech
Ting Mobile
USAA

USAA is fantabulous. I can't complain about them in any way.

Put it this way...i bought a C7 last year and was in and out of the dealership in an hour and a half. That's a lot of money, and they had the insurance, financing and terms done in a half hour. The dealership had their check in 24 hours. Even my salesman was blown away by how smooth it went. Usually, you have to be paying cash to get out of there that fast.

I'm NEVER dumping USAA, and i have almost every single insurance policy from car, homeowners, to life under their umbrella.

Another great phone support company is AFLAC...I call, they're Johnny on the spot.

You're right about Amazon too. Very quick and very thorough.

One that you wouldn't believe...the Social Security Administration!!! They're amazingly responsive considering that they're a highly bureaucratic government agency. I call, and i get answers....quick (and this is on behalf of a relative, not myself).

Sprint has become total garbage. Finding a human to talk to you is akin to finding a human on Jupiter.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:01 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Lol I remember a Eddie back getting a call from some guy named "jeff" I think it was from Chase bank first I could barely understand him because of his badly broken English and secondly a constant beeping sound was coming from his end making it impossible to understand him AT ALL. the next was from t-mobile and they spoke English well mostly American's they just sucked at customer service.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
NAFTA signed by Clinton caused all those jobs to be outsourced to India. Maybe he was taking Hillary's advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls

Yep. Here is your global economy folks!

Old 05-21-2015, 02:05 PM

865 posts, read 622,939 times
I can do an impression of an Indian accent that's spot on. I've always wondered why they can't learn to do an impression of an American accent.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
USAA is fantabulous. I can't complain about them in any way.

Put it this way...i bought a C7 last year and was in and out of the dealership in an hour and a half. That's a lot of money, and they had the insurance, financing and terms done in a half hour. The dealership had their check in 24 hours. Even my salesman was blown away by how smooth it went. Usually, you have to be paying cash to get out of there that fast.

I'm NEVER dumping USAA, and i have almost every single insurance policy from car, homeowners, to life under their umbrella.

Another great phone support company is AFLAC...I call, they're Johnny on the spot.

You're right about Amazon too. Very quick and very thorough.

One that you wouldn't believe...the Social Security Administration!!! They're amazingly responsive considering that they're a highly bureaucratic government agency. I call, and i get answers....quick (and this is on behalf of a relative, not myself).

Sprint has become total garbage. Finding a human to talk to you is akin to finding a human on Jupiter.
I agree with the list posted too by 2sleepy. I used to work for Comcast many moons ago though and I don't think they have good service. Maybe they have improved.

But a lot of government agencies have good customer service. Ironically, the best I have come into contact with was the IRS who I thought would be horrible but they were very professional, pleasant, and informative concerning my questions about previous years' tax returns I had lost and needed information about.

2sleepy also had Charles Schwab. They are EXCELLENT!! I love them and have a lot of bank and retirement accounts with them. My husband recently switched his old 401k over to them and was shocked because he had a question about the balance at 8pm and decided to call and use an automated system and instead got a real live, American person who answered all his questions and walked him through the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies