U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:08 PM

23,860 posts, read 11,871,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well i've never thought about asking that question. But undoubtedly they hate to be asked that question.
They really don't like it. Throws them off their script. They are trained to deal with irate people wanting some satisfaction for a product not performing as advertised. Then ask them what country the call went to and watch them really stumble over their words and try to redirect back to the matter at hand. Some will answer, some have hung up on me.

Decided to schedule appts over the internet. Yelling at a barely understandable person doesn't solve the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 02:11 PM

23,860 posts, read 11,871,876 times
Quote:
USAA is fantabulous. I can't complain about them in any way.

Put it this way...i bought a C7 last year and was in and out of the dealership in an hour and a half. That's a lot of money, and they had the insurance, financing and terms done in a half hour. The dealership had their check in 24 hours. Even my salesman was blown away by how smooth it went. Usually, you have to be paying cash to get out of there that fast.

I'm NEVER dumping USAA, and i have almost every single insurance policy from car, homeowners, to life under their umbrella.

Another great phone support company is AFLAC...I call, they're Johnny on the spot.

You're right about Amazon too. Very quick and very thorough.

One that you wouldn't believe...the Social Security Administration!!! They're amazingly responsive considering that they're a highly bureaucratic government agency. I call, and i get answers....quick (and this is on behalf of a relative, not myself).

Sprint has become total garbage. Finding a human to talk to you is akin to finding a human on Jupiter.
Agreed about USAA. Nothing tops them for auto, home, insurance/banking. Now if they offered aviation insurance my life would be complete.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:14 PM

6,467 posts, read 1,305,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The companies that I have had the best phone support experience are
Amazon
Schwab Bank
Comcast
Logitech
Ting Mobile
USAA

They might offshore some of their support, but I have always talked to someone in the US and support has been fantastic
Also Great Call and LL Bean.

I also will continue to deal with some companies JUST because their customer service reps are all (or at least seem to be) people who were born in the U.S. to English speaking parents!

Btw, anyone else get VERY tired and disgusted about how many phone buttons you must push before you can actually speak to a LIVE person -- and sometimes not even then?! {I don't know how many times I have called the customer service number and then ended up Googling and calling the main U.S. headquarters of a company just to find real LIVE help!!)

ARRRGGGHHHH!

[rant off]

Old 05-21-2015, 02:37 PM

50,194 posts, read 26,579,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with the list posted too by 2sleepy. I used to work for Comcast many moons ago though and I don't think they have good service. Maybe they have improved.

But a lot of government agencies have good customer service. Ironically, the best I have come into contact with was the IRS who I thought would be horrible but they were very professional, pleasant, and informative concerning my questions about previous years' tax returns I had lost and needed information about.

2sleepy also had Charles Schwab. They are EXCELLENT!! I love them and have a lot of bank and retirement accounts with them. My husband recently switched his old 401k over to them and was shocked because he had a question about the balance at 8pm and decided to call and use an automated system and instead got a real live, American person who answered all his questions and walked him through the website.
LOL...i hate that you reminded me, but i had a 3 year audit once and the IRS completely....and i mean COMPLETELY surprised me with how willing they were to work with me despite some of our records being lost. The audit went pretty damn smoothly. It helped that i had a letter from my congresswoman (Gabrielle Giffords at the time...man, she's an angel) showing her concern with my case and basically instructing the IRS to handle my case with extreme care.

Didn't end up owing money and actually got a few bucks back. Not all government agencies are bad.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 PM

50,194 posts, read 26,579,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Also Great Call and LL Bean.

I also will continue to deal with some companies JUST because their customer service reps are all (or at least seem to be) people who were born in the U.S. to English speaking parents!

Btw, anyone else get VERY tired and disgusted about how many phone buttons you must push before you can actually speak to a LIVE person -- and sometimes not even then?! {I don't know how many times I have called the customer service number and then ended up Googling and calling the main U.S. headquarters of a company just to find real LIVE help!!)

ARRRGGGHHHH!

[rant off]
Love LL Bean. Man, they're wonderful...very responsive and above all AMERICAN!!!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:02 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,475,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The companies that I have had the best phone support experience are
Amazon
Schwab Bank
Comcast
Logitech
Ting Mobile
USAA

They might offshore some of their support, but I have always talked to someone in the US and support has been fantastic
Can only speak for Amazon and Comcast. I never had language barrier with Comcast thankfully, but I was mostly frustrated on other stuff from them, mainly billing and their equipment.

Amazon was great too.

Dell from my experience was the worst.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:07 PM

30,915 posts, read 13,488,105 times
Quote:
USAA is fantabulous. I can't complain about them in any way.

Put it this way...i bought a C7 last year and was in and out of the dealership in an hour and a half. That's a lot of money, and they had the insurance, financing and terms done in a half hour. The dealership had their check in 24 hours. Even my salesman was blown away by how smooth it went. Usually, you have to be paying cash to get out of there that fast.

I'm NEVER dumping USAA, and i have almost every single insurance policy from car, homeowners, to life under their umbrella.

Another great phone support company is AFLAC...I call, they're Johnny on the spot.

You're right about Amazon too. Very quick and very thorough.

One that you wouldn't believe...the Social Security Administration!!! They're amazingly responsive considering that they're a highly bureaucratic government agency. I call, and i get answers....quick (and this is on behalf of a relative, not myself).

Sprint has become total garbage. Finding a human to talk to you is akin to finding a human on Jupiter.
I agree, Sprint is in the toilet. My phone broke, I didn't want to buy a new one so I decided to activate an old phone that I had gotten from Sprint 5 years ago, sounds easy enough, right? NOPE...I spent hours on the phone and they told me they could not activate the phone because it had been activated on a Sprint MVNO (like Boost mobile) I told them it had been in my desk drawer for 3 years and no one could have put it on another network, they basically told me I was a liar. I cancelled my contract and went with Ting Mobile bill went from $70 to $26. I'm so glad Sprint made me mad enough to do that

Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM

1,623 posts, read 825,757 times
Default That constant beeping sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Lol I remember a Eddie back getting a call from some guy named "jeff" I think it was from Chase bank first I could barely understand him because of his badly broken English and secondly a constant beeping sound was coming from his end making it impossible to understand him AT ALL. the next was from t-mobile and they spoke English well mostly American's they just sucked at customer service.

That constant beeping sound whether or not the company tells you, but the call is being recorded; and that beeping is the recording equipment. At one point my department had that, after a point and many many hours on the phone, the agent you are talking to does not even hear the beeping any longer.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:22 PM

9,863 posts, read 11,889,480 times
Next to you get someone that speaks with a strong, foreign accent and you don't understand them, just say: "I want to speak to your Supervisor" and an American will come on the line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or