U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,429,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Tell it to the Catholic church. Gays are attracted to the priesthood and, from there, turn their interests toward young males in the congregation. Perversion, once embraced, is easily expanded upon.
And again, logic fails you, a pedophile isn't any one specific sexual orientation. a STRAIGHT person can be as much of a pedophile as a gay person can. Being attracted to men doesn't mean you are attracted to boys too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM

32,108 posts, read 16,512,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
This will be the death stroke for Scouting. Would you allow your son to go camping with a gay man?
I grew up where scouting is co-ed. Dozens of parents sent their daughters camping with me, back when I was a scoutmaster, and I'm heterosexual. So?

It's not a matter of adult gender attraction, it's a matter of keeping adults who are attracted to children of any gender away. It's a matter of professionalism in leader training. And it's a matter of setting up rules so that there can't even be the impression of impropriety. If your organization can't do that, it has no business being responsible for children in the first place.

Quote:
Scout leaders are supposed to be mentors and role models for growing boys.
Yes, and?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 PM

29,291 posts, read 39,621,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And again, logic fails you, a pedophile isn't any one specific sexual orientation. a STRAIGHT person can be as much of a pedophile as a gay person can. Being attracted to men doesn't mean you are attracted to boys too.
You miss the point. Gays do not respect morality or natural laws in their lust for people of the same sex. Their perversity in those matters makes them highly suspect in others. Common sense tells us so even if liberal dogma covers it up. No matter, it is wise not to take chances with our youth even if they are remote. Surely the boy scouts can go on without having to allow homosexual scout masters in the fold.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:09 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,104,479 times
Quote:
This will be the death stroke for Scouting. Would you allow your son to go camping with a gay man? Scout leaders are supposed to be mentors and role models for growing boys. Why didn't gays simply start a parallel organization if they didn't like Scouting as it was? They would be free to indulge in any behavior they choose rather than destroy what had been a hallmark of American culture and a good, safe environment for young boys.

Meanwhile, Girl Scouts have their own freak show going on as discussed in another thread.

This country is circling the drain.
At least it should be. But in the upside down, inside-out world of today? I have my doubts.

Yes, and today that circle is fast and mighty small.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:12 PM

366 posts, read 495,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Several of the molesters from the scouts were married men. So, banning gays would not have prevented them from being involved in scouting. You know what will? The rules that adults are supposed to follow. No adult is to be alone with any child except their own child.
Yes, because no gay man has ever married a woman before.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:21 PM

3,557 posts, read 3,447,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You miss the point. Gays do not respect morality or natural laws in their lust for people of the same sex. Their perversity in those matters makes them highly suspect in others. Common sense tells us so even if liberal dogma covers it up. No matter, it is wise not to take chances with our youth even if they are remote. Surely the boy scouts can go on without having to allow homosexual scout masters in the fold.
You miss the point. Adulterers do not respect morality or natural laws in their lust for people to whom they are not married. Their perversity in those matters makes them highly suspect in others.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:28 PM

20,326 posts, read 10,402,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Yes, because no gay man has ever married a woman before.
And those people would not be banned from being scout leaders. Only those who are open and honest would be banned.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:29 PM

78,023 posts, read 33,277,428 times
I'd more trust my son around a gay troop leader than Robert Gates.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:31 PM

43,430 posts, read 52,425,333 times
Quote:
This will be the death stroke for Scouting. Would you allow your son to go camping with a gay man? Scout leaders are supposed to be mentors and role models for growing boys. .
Uh. I thought scouting was about camping and fire building...where does sex come into it?
I don't want some strange man (gay or straight) being a role model for sexuality in any way.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:41 PM

11,158 posts, read 22,306,273 times
Sad to see people confusing pedophilia with gay people. Two entirely different things. I see male teachers all the time who deal with dozens of girls in their classes. There's nothing WRONG with that. There are thousands of gay men out there in organizations and in their jobs who deal with boys during their work. There's nothing WRONG with that.

There's something wrong with pedophiles, but that crossover from gay to pedophile is the exact same as the crossover from a straight person to a pedophile.

Back in 1990 I was in the scouts and our den leader was a lesbian. We knew it I guess, but it didn't matter at all, she was a great woman. Her sexuality had nothing to do with being a Scout leader.

Who cares if a Scout leader is gay? Who cares if they're straight? If there's a problem there then obviously deal with the problem, but a gay person is as much of a "threat" to any child, boy or girl, as a straight person would be to a child, boy or girl.

Gay people are just PEOPLE like you and me. They might have a certain sexuality, but that isn't all they are, it doesn't define them as a person. So many people see gay people for their sexuality and then they can't go further than that and actually see them for the normal, everyday PERSON that they actually are. They aren't a living, breathing, walking sexuality. They're just your coworkers, neighbors, family members, group members, classmates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or