Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 PM

202 posts, read 221,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I think this will be about the third or fourth time (for sure the last time) that I will tell you I've NEVER had an abortion so your charges that I have "infanticidal desires" only highlights how bizarre this conversation has become. I'm done with this.
Yes, you have never wanted an abortion, but you think it's perfectly fine for others to get an abortion. Have you ever seen an abortion operation? It's pretty grisly.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Bad touching?? WTF! God those people are just creepy. And even worse are the people on this forum sticking up for them. I said it before, I'll say it again, I guarantee 100% that the supporters on here for this family would completely change their tune if this story was about a black dude who had done the very same thing to his own sisters. They'd immediately call for prison time. Guaranteed. Bunch of freakin' hypocrites & disgusting hypocrites at that. Supporting child molestation, and of siblings too. Doesn't get lower than that.
Michael Jackson paid a family millions to go away after the boy charged Michael with molestation. Michael's sister Latoya also said Michael was a child molester.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:54 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I think anyone who lets cameras follow their family around are weird . I don't think it is normal.

The kid was 14 , confessed to his sin and went on . Jesus knows the situation better than all of us.

They knew when they took on the cameras and became public figures , they could face this situation all over again. People love to bash especially those who profess they are a Christian so it is a double whammy as far as having a reality show.

Take those who run for public office. They will face the same.
This is not just a "sin." That is what Jim Bob Duggar is saying and he is wrong. Forgiveness in this situation won't stop the sin from happening again because child molestation is an indication of an illness that must be medically treated. Even Josh, at 14, suspected this and he went to his parents for help. They let him down. It's also a criminal offense. You cannot just confess and be tried by Jesus.

Hiding behind Jesus is cowardly.

Murder is a sin. Theft is a sin. All of the ten commandments are sins and some are also crimes. People who commit crimes must be tried in a court of law and receive some sort of punishment or rehabilitation. Let God or Jesus or Allah or whomever one believes in take care of the perpetrator in the afterlife. We are talking about the protection of innocent children from these harmful acts in the here and now.

The right thing to do now is for Jim Bob, Michelle along with the entire family, especially the girls to go to counseling. You don't just get over something like that. You don't forget about it no matter how young. Ask anyone who has gone through it. I still believe that the children should be removed from the parents at least until both have been fully evaluated by psychiatrists.

I can't help but wonder if this family weren't on TV and if they hadn't had all the publicity, had they been Mr. and Mrs. Average Family from Anywhere USA, wouldn't they have been treated a lot differently than the Duggars are being treated? Maybe like being given jail time for not reporting the crime or mandatory psychiatric treatment and kids taken away? I mean how many parents accused of even lessor situations going on under their roofs true or false get to go on FOX News and plead their case?

The fact that they have had that Reality show can work very well for them just as much as against.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
Yes, you have never wanted an abortion, but you think it's perfectly fine for others to get an abortion. Have you ever seen an abortion operation? It's pretty grisly.
you should stay on topic. you want to talk abortion start a thread, this one is about the duggar's son.

the young man got off far too easy.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:58 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
I have been with someone getting a medical abortion. No more gristly than a period. Have you seen an abortion? I'm guessing no...

Old 06-04-2015, 04:59 PM

202 posts, read 221,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you should stay on topic. you want to talk abortion start a thread, this one is about the duggar's son.

the young man got off far too easy.
That doesn't really hold water. Much of the antagonism towards the Duggars has an explicit anti-Chritian tenor. It is on topic to question the morality of people criticizing the Duggars, just as those who dislike the Duggars have seen this thread as an opportunity to attack Christianity.

People who are anti-Christian are shooting themselves in the foot. A Christian is far more likely to help you in your time of need than any secularist.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:00 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This is not just a "sin." That is what Jim Bob Duggar is saying and he is wrong. Forgiveness in this situation won't stop the sin from happening again because child molestation is an indication of an illness that must be medically treated. Even Josh, at 14, suspected this and he went to his parents for help. They let him down. It's also a criminal offense. You cannot just confess and be tried by Jesus.

Hiding behind Jesus is cowardly.

Murder is a sin. Theft is a sin. All of the ten commandments are sins and some are also crimes. People who commit crimes must be tried in a court of law and receive some sort of punishment or rehabilitation. Let God or Jesus or Allah or whomever one believes in take care of the perpetrator in the afterlife. We are talking about the protection of innocent children from these harmful acts in the here and now.

The right thing to do now is for Jim Bob, Michelle along with the entire family, especially the girls to go to counseling. You don't just get over something like that. You don't forget about it no matter how young. Ask anyone who has gone through it. I still believe that the children should be removed from the parents at least until both have been fully evaluated by psychiatrists.

I can't help but wonder if this family weren't on TV and if they hadn't had all the publicity, had they been Mr. and Mrs. Average Family from Anywhere USA, wouldn't they have been treated a lot differently than the Duggars are being treated? Maybe like being given jail time for not reporting the crime or mandatory psychiatric treatment and kids taken away? I mean how many parents accused of even lessor situations going on under their roofs true or false get to go on FOX News and plead their case?

The fact that they have had that Reality show can work very well for them just as much as against.
You obviously didn't hear he was treated. He REPENTED..

Old 06-04-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
That doesn't really hold water. Much of the antagonism towards the Duggars has an explicit anti-Chritian tenor. It is on topic to question the morality of people criticizing the Duggars, just as those who dislike the Duggars have seen this thread as an opportunity to attack Christianity.

People who are anti-Christian are shooting themselves in the foot. A Christian is far more likely to help you in your time of need than any secularist.
no the antagonism isn't about the families religious values it's about the family down playing the crime their son committed and thinking sending him to religious counseling was enough of a punishment.

this isn't about religion it is about molestation.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You obviously didn't hear he was treated. He REPENTED..
tons of convicts find jesus everyday and "repent" doesn't make it true. "treated" in this case is subjective.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 PM

206 posts, read 215,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
tons of convicts find jesus everyday and "repent" doesn't make it true. "treated" in this case is subjective.
From what I've heard, someone with this kind of problem cannot be cured, so there needs to be caution in allowing him around kids no matter how much he repented or got treatment. Repented isn't the same as cured - people can repent of a sin over and over with no end in sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies