U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 11:31 AM

22,919 posts, read 16,307,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
I never said this (the Josh situation) was a mistake. Those are your words.

Criminal charges are brought and determined by the district attorney, not you.

And I never said sexual molestation was a mistake.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that twists your ability to read & comprehend clearly. You might want to get that checked into. It probably effects your ability to function appropriately in life.
You said:
"One good reason: I'm human. I've made mistakes.

I'd hope people would be kind, forgiving to me if I made a mistake and it was exposed. It seems in today's world there is only hate, condemnation and rejoicing in another's pain.

It's not my job to chastise or judge.

If you want to and enjoy it, carry on
."

You clearly stated that you made mistakes, not once but twice, and then went on to say that you expected or hoped to to be forgiven for those mistakes.

If your stating that you have made mistakes is not a defense or characterization of how you regard what Mr. Duggar did, then why bring it up in the context of this thread?

Your response and personal attack suggests a certain defensiveness regarding this situation, not to mention the irony inherent in this statement: "It's not my job to chastise or judge."

Moving on.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 AM

672 posts, read 618,605 times
Quote:
I never said this (the Josh situation) was a mistake. Those are your words.

Criminal charges are brought and determined by the district attorney, not you.

And I never said sexual molestation was a mistake.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that twists your ability to read & comprehend clearly. You might want to get that checked into. It probably effects your ability to function appropriately in life.
You did say this

Quote:
One good reason: I'm human. I've made mistakes.

I'd hope people would be kind, forgiving to me if I made a mistake and it was exposed. It seems in today's world there is only hate, condemnation and rejoicing in another's pain.

It's not my job to chastise or judge.

If you want to and enjoy it, carry on.
So, you actually did, by logical extension, call the situation "a mistake" when you said that, "I'd hope people would be kind, forgiving to me if I made a mistake and it was exposed."

Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM

8,569 posts, read 12,692,525 times
They're complete hypocrites. Knowing everything that went on, Michelle and JimBob still presented to the world that Anna and Josh waited until they were married to have their first kiss. Well, isn't that just darling? The parents are disgusting. I hope their kids - especially their girls - all leave their cult of fundamentalist Christianity and live normal lives with real choices - to go to college, have a job, and not be limited by the legalism that they were taught.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM

11,680 posts, read 7,065,036 times
LOL at so many people using this as a way to take shots at the family and everything they stand for..."I always thought they were creepy....blah, blah, blah".

Old 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,054,388 times
Who did he molest?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:40 AM

12,058 posts, read 16,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Who did he molest?
Four of his younger sisters (who were age 4, 8, 9, 10, and 12 when the abuse began) as well as another girl staying with the family who was around the same age. It is not known which of the sisters were abused, but there are quite a few signs pointing to abuse of the youngest.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 17 days ago)

8,143 posts, read 5,830,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. Also, victims (the girls) are supposed to be protected from public scrutiny, yet their abuse is now a public discussion.
As I said before that I never watch their show but I knew the plot...which was portray their family as christian and wholesome. I always thought some secret (didn't know what) would come out about that family. I am sure many did.

Very sad for the victims.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:49 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,944,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Who did he molest?
His four year old sister. Plus three other sisters and a visting family friend. He was fifteen.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:49 AM

2,702 posts, read 3,753,642 times
Go on the website for their religion.. It is weird...

Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 AM

12,058 posts, read 16,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
As I said before that I never watch their show but I knew the plot...which was portray their family as christian and wholesome. I always thought some secret (didn't know what) would come out about that family. I am sure many did.

Very sad for the victims.
I always though the "secret" would be one of the kids was gay. Maybe the one silver lining about all of this is that there's no way the family could shun the 1 or 2 kids who statistically will be gay, lesbian, or bi after sheltering a child molester (you know, someone who causes actual damage to other people) now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or