U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 08:40 AM

29,818 posts, read 16,506,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437 View Post
Does she always look at her husband like that, with her mouth hanging open?
She did it throught the entire interview. I've never seen her quite like THAT.

Benzo's is my guess. I mean, I'm not opposed and I would be nervous too - just . . don't overdo it.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:40 AM

14,047 posts, read 6,374,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Benzo's is my guess. I mean, I'm not opposed and I would be nervous too - just . . don't overdo it.
Lol, that made me laugh. Can't rep ya, just repped you for your post before that.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 AM

8,118 posts, read 5,798,216 times
Quote:
The one that's married to Josh does the same thing. I think they are trained to look that way at their spouse.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 AM

4,332 posts, read 2,540,670 times
Michelle is just totally in awe of Jim Bob and his vast knowledge. That's why her mouth hangs open so much.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 AM

14,047 posts, read 6,374,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The one that's married to Josh does the same thing. I think they are trained to look that way at their spouse.
I try not to comment on peoples looks, truly, but Anna is one of the most unfortunate looking people that I've seen. Not only that, she's a dead ringer for any of his sisters. Hmmm......he molests his sisters, he picks a wife who looks like his sisters. Yeah, that's sick.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:08 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,437,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What specific inappropriate behavior took place after say . . age 13? I'm unclear. The one incident when she was 7 is the only definitive I know. At what ages the other things took place - is unclear.

Bottom line - did Lena Dunham use her limelight to accuse OTHER PEOPLE of molesting children? Did she actively campaign to restrict their civil rights?

No. While she did get some negative press for a while - she did not have to overcome the hypocrisy of her position.

Josh stood on a pulpit and accused total strangers of doing . . what he did.

We've seen this before. The american people LOVE to put people on a pedestal and they also LOVE to take them down.

I'm not saying this again. It's all over the internet. Her inappropriate behavior continued until she was 17. If you want to know what she did, then google is your friend. Not only have people repeatedly posted her actions here so far, but they have quoted directly from her book.

Lena criticized the "right" for "exposing" her story and making it seem like she molested her sister, when in reality she exposed it herself by writing it in her book and releasing that book. She used this incident to lambast conservatives and insist what she did was not abuse, just curiosity and that her mother found it normal behavior for her, and that her sister is totally okay with it today. Bottom line, people read it and found it disturbing - even flaming liberals like her, as numerous blog posts and op-eds I've read on the subject have shown. She made it a politics issue when it was not. She made it liberals vs. conservatives thing when it was not. That's what SHE did about it, once this all came out - you know, after she wrote it in her book. And Josh and his family blasted gays and transexuals for apparently being more likely to molest children. They both made it political - it's clear THEY had a conservative agenda while she had a liberal one. They're both on pretty extreme opposite sides of the political spectrum. Only difference is the Duggars throw "religion" in (I use quotes because their Christianity is not mainstream and should not be confused as such).

I have never liked the Duggars OR Lena Dunham. There's no pedestal-putting and bringing them down from me. And the fact is, they both deserve criticism for what they did, no matter how high their pedestal was. The fact that Lena sees nothing even remotely wrong with her behavior is alarming to me. The fact that Josh's wife Anna claims to have known about his actions before marrying him, then proceeded to marry and have kids with him anyway, is alarming to me. The fact that the Duggars solved the problem by sending Josh to build houses or whatever, then building their new house so the girls were separated from the boys by the master bedroom, to solve the problem is alarming to me.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:21 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,821,392 times
Quote:
Looks as though she's never heard this before the interview; Michele only reproduces.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 AM

9,173 posts, read 7,039,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

I'm not saying this again. It's all over the internet. Her inappropriate behavior continued until she was 17. If you want to know what she did, then google is your friend. Not only have people repeatedly posted her actions here so far, but they have quoted directly from her book.

Lena criticized the "right" for "exposing" her story and making it seem like she molested her sister, when in reality she exposed it herself by writing it in her book and releasing that book. She used this incident to lambast conservatives and insist what she did was not abuse, just curiosity and that her mother found it normal behavior for her, and that her sister is totally okay with it today. Bottom line, people read it and found it disturbing - even flaming liberals like her, as numerous blog posts and op-eds I've read on the subject have shown. She made it a politics issue when it was not. She made it liberals vs. conservatives thing when it was not. That's what SHE did about it, once this all came out - you know, after she wrote it in her book. And Josh and his family blasted gays and transexuals for apparently being more likely to molest children. They both made it political - it's clear THEY had a conservative agenda while she had a liberal one. They're both on pretty extreme opposite sides of the political spectrum. Only difference is the Duggars throw "religion" in (I use quotes because their Christianity is not mainstream and should not be confused as such).

I have never liked the Duggars OR Lena Dunham. There's no pedestal-putting and bringing them down from me. And the fact is, they both deserve criticism for what they did, no matter how high their pedestal was. The fact that Lena sees nothing even remotely wrong with her behavior is alarming to me. The fact that Josh's wife Anna claims to have known about his actions before marrying him, then proceeded to marry and have kids with him anyway, is alarming to me. The fact that the Duggars solved the problem by sending Josh to build houses or whatever, then building their new house so the girls were separated from the boys by the master bedroom, to solve the problem is alarming to me.
I have to agree with this. Upon further inspection, I'm not giving her a pass either.

Molesting kids is freakin wrong, I don't care who does it. And I would venture to go so far as to say neither the Duggar girls nor Lena Dunham's sister have much choice but to appear "fine with it".

One of the horrible consequences of being molested as a child by family members is that the child, even as they become adults, have the awful power and responsibility of holding everyone's happiness and future in their hands.

Sometimes it's just easier to pretend everything is okay, rather than see people you love regardless of what they did, go down the tubes.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:44 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,437,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I have to agree with this. Upon further inspection, I'm not giving her a pass either.

Molesting kids is freakin wrong, I don't care who does it. And I would venture to go so far as to say neither the Duggar girls nor Lena Dunham's sister have much choice but to appear "fine with it".

One of the horrible consequences of being molested as a child by family members is that the child, even as they become adults, have the awful power and responsibility of holding everyone's happiness and future in their hands.

Sometimes it's just easier to pretend everything is okay, rather than see people you love regardless of what they did, go down the tubes.
Agree.

I mean, Lena's sister was a baby during the most graphic and unusual incident - the pebbles thing. I'm not sure if she can remember or be affected by that, but what Lena described later on, the manipulative and inappropriate things Lena would do to her, make her do, or do around her, that must have had some type of effect.

And the poor Duggar girls - no way are they unaffected. No way. This must be painful for them. They called themselves victims in their interview, and described reliving the incident through the reporting and public knowledge of what happened. That shows they are not okay like they claim to be. I really wish someone could intervene in that family and bring the girls - even the boys - to safety and freedom. They deserve so much more than what it destined for them in that cult. It's 2015. The fact they are living like they are is crazy to me.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:55 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,128,337 times
Duggars refused to let state worker see child, police called. This is a NEW investigation in May, 2015.

They sure don't learn, IMO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2253195

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or