U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 12:31 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,695,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
This is one of the best comments!

It is disturbing that so many are rejoicing in the pain of this family.
Was it as equally as disturbing when this family were pandering to hateful people when the Duggars spread lies about gay people? Or is that ok?

Old 05-22-2015, 12:31 PM

625 posts, read 469,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You are triggering anger and disbelief in the assertion that molestation is normal.
You can't read apparently.

I never said it was normal. I said it was common. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the two. You seem confused. It's the hysteria. Your brain is addled.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:33 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,695,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. Also, victims (the girls) are supposed to be protected from public scrutiny, yet their abuse is now a public discussion.
That's not our fault. Its the parents' fault. They put their kids in the limelight and made their stance on other people's families loud and clear.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:33 PM

698 posts, read 457,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Now Hannibal Lector is the reference?? Wow.
Would you be willing to leave Josh Duggar alone with your kids or any other kids that you care about?

Praying to Jesus doesn't cure a pedophile. Molesting 5 young girls multiple times, one which was most likely only 5 years old at the time is disturbing behavior.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Was it as equally as disturbing when this family were pandering to hateful people when the Duggars spread lies about gay people? Or is that ok?
NONE of it is okay. So much hate.

Yours isn't any more lovely than theirs though.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:35 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,790,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Where exactly did they say they stood for:

Incest
Sexually assaulting small children
Lying
Evading justice
Hypocrisy

??

Have you ever told a lie? Do you stand for lying? What else do you stand for?
I don't think you know what hypocrisy means. It means saying one thing and doing another. The Duggars hold themselves out as exemplary Christians all while hiding the fact that their son sexually assaulted four of their daughters.

I'm neither holding myself out as an exemplary Christian nor calling anyone else out as a threat to family or society.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:35 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,890 posts, read 5,212,924 times
The sad irony in all of this is if the parents had gone to the authorities as soon as they learned of the abuse, the public would likely never have learned of any of this. Had a proper investigation been done, all parties involved would have gotten real counseling and, being a juvenile, Josh's record would have been sealed. His victims would not be dragged into the spotlight like they are now. Please keep that in mind before going off about the "haters" digging up dirt on the Duggars and exposing this. Jim Bob and Michelle majorly failed all of their kids (including Josh) by their own inaction, and now the entire family pays the price.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:36 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,237,494 times
Good riddance!

Old 05-22-2015, 12:38 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,790,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The sad irony in all of this is if the parents had gone to the authorities as soon as they learned of the abuse, the public would likely never have learned of any of this. Had a proper investigation been done, all parties involved would have gotten real counseling and, being a juvenile, Josh's record would have been sealed. His victims would not be dragged into the spotlight like they are now. Please keep that in mind before going off about the "haters" digging up dirt on the Duggars and exposing this. Jim Bob and Michelle majorly failed all of their kids (including Josh) by their own inaction, and now the entire family pays the price.
But they wouldn't have been able to make a fortune in the meantime.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. I Timothy 6:10

Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Would you be willing to leave Josh Duggar alone with your kids or any other kids that you care about?
What? Can ANY of you hysterics read?? I never said any of it was okay. I'm not defending it or him, but some of you are so hysterical and can't have a conversation.

Go get some wood, build a fire, let's burn him ALIVE!!

Or build a scaffold and HANG him!! Or even better, just hang him a little but leave him alive and then burn him so you can hear the screams? You aren't the VICTIM here, but act like you are.

I don't hear any concern for them (the victims) and how their lives will be opened up, turned inside out and violated all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or