Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 03:37 PM

774 posts, read 745,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
How many weeks until the self-righteous conservative right finally quit defending this pedophile? Conservative Christians are always defended vociferously, and you never see them defend someone with such intense fanatacism who isn't on their side politically or religiously.
Again with the pedophile diagnosis.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Still not finding any mention of vaginal penetration.
Several girls said he touched their vaginas. If you want to argue that touching the vagina of your little sister is not as creepy as penetrating the vagina of your little sister with your finger, go right ahead. As far as legal definitions go, the fondling of the breasts is enough for a sexual assault conviction in most states.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
So you are going to play semantic games ala "that depends what the definition of is is"? I can't believe people are playing apologist for a sexual predator that preyed on children just because he is on their side politically and hates gays. It is absolutely sickening to see loyalty to team red and fundamentalist religion override any sense of human decency in some people.
As I'm a well-established liberal who has supported same-sex marriage all my life, and I really don't care if someone is gay or not, I guess your attempt to marginalize me is one big fail. Try again.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:45 PM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As I'm a well-established liberal who has supported same-sex marriage all my life, and I really don't care if someone is gay or not, I guess your attempt to marginalize me is one big fail. Try again.

By supporting a child molesting creep you are doing a great job of marginalizing yourself.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Several girls said he touched their vaginas. If you want to argue that touching the vagina of your little sister is not as creepy as penetrating the vagina of your little sister with your finger, go right ahead. As far as legal definitions go, the fondling of the breasts is enough for a sexual assault conviction in most states.
I will go right ahead. Vaginal penetration is rape. Touching the genital area of a person wearing underwear is molestation.

Josh Duggar was a 14-year-old boy who grew up in a sheltered home. He entered puberty with no guidance as to what to expect. The overly repressive boundaries combined with a teen boy's development was a recipe for disaster. He didn't have any older siblings to go to, and his parents, along with their rigid rules, were unapproachable. He molested his sisters. His sisters (and the one family guest) were his victims. But he was a victim, too. The fact that he was never professionally assessed, never properly counseled, was done to him. The fact that his sisters never received professional counseling after he molested them, is tragic. And the blame lays with the parents.

I'm not a conservative. Quite often, I'm far to the left of you on this forum. I'm not a Christian. I'm not anti-gay.

I am a stickler for the facts.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How many weeks until the self-righteous liberal left finally let go of this story? Conservation Christians are always a favorite target, and you never see them attack someone with such passion and anger who is on their side politically or religiously.
Who cares which side you are politically? Who cares what faith you belong to? This didn't happen because of their faith or political beliefs. This came out because they covered it up.

The story broke less than a week ago. I suspect it will be in the news for several more weeks as more info is found. Today there was a report that child services is stepping in and that Josh sued them back in 2007. The digging has only begun. Don't want to be a news report? Stay off tv! And don't lie about your family. The dirt and skeletons ALWAYS come out!

Old 05-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
By supporting a child molesting creep you are doing a great job of marginalizing yourself.
Acknowledging that Josh Duggar is a molester, and that he is also a victim, is not supporting a child molester. It's pointing out facts. The Duggars failed their children. They were trying to protect their children, but they failed them because they weren't equipped to handle the situation, and they didn't get the help needed.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:25 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
I'm sorry I don't see where this poster is doing that. Just like I wasn't in my post but some just can't take a dialog on what happened and talk about it if every statement isn't in lockstep with exactly the same level condemnation. You'll take no less than destroy them.

For instance, if I state to you this statement above of yours seems off to me, I must therefore be a supporter of this family or condone what he did. Of course I don't.

When I see a statement like "By supporting a child molesting creep" makes me think of a adult predator.

You speak as if he wasn't a child himself and I disagree with that.

Quote:
I can't believe people are playing apologist for a sexual predator that preyed on children just because he is on their side politically and hates gays. It is absolutely sickening to see loyalty to team red and fundamentalist religion override any sense of human decency in some people.
Seems to me you are the one playing political games here. The only possible reason someone can give in this thread for uttering anything but burn them down and leave no survivors must be because of politics or they are simply supporting a molestation. That is simply not the case and you sound ridiculous trying to make that case.

Nobody has stated that what happened was acceptable or good.

I don't watch the show. I'm very pro individual civil liberties and strongly believe if your not hurting anyone just leave them the hell alone.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:27 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How many weeks until the self-righteous liberal left finally let go of this story? Conservation Christians are always a favorite target, and you never see them attack someone with such passion and anger who is on their side politically or religiously.
"Let go"? Let go of someone who is a predator? Naturally, some people would rather sweep this under the rug and forget. No.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:29 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
If people get graphic, this thread is going to close. I can't read it anymore after people started adding details for shock value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies