U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 04:27 PM

2,782 posts, read 2,431,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How many weeks until the self-righteous liberal left finally let go of this story? Conservation Christians are always a favorite target, and you never see them attack someone with such passion and anger who is on their side politically or religiously.
"Let go"? Let go of someone who is a predator? Naturally, some people would rather sweep this under the rug and forget. No.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:29 PM

10,171 posts, read 7,035,884 times
If people get graphic, this thread is going to close. I can't read it anymore after people started adding details for shock value.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:38 PM

137 posts, read 111,801 times
If we excuse Josh Duggar because he was ONLY 14 years old, and probably 15 years old, when he was "playing doctor" then don't we have to excuse all 14 years old, for whatever they do....riots, roberry, car theft, murder, rape... Are his defenders prepared to go there? Or do we only excuse famous white Christian 14 year olds?

Old 05-27-2015, 05:19 PM

672 posts, read 642,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effielin View Post
If we excuse Josh Duggar because he was ONLY 14 years old, and probably 15 years old, when he was "playing doctor" then don't we have to excuse all 14 years old, for whatever they do....riots, roberry, car theft, murder, rape... Are his defenders prepared to go there? Or do we only excuse famous white Christian 14 year olds?
Who's a defender? I'm not. I don't see any defenders posting.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,673,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Once again, THEY ARE NOT QUIVERFUL. Thank YOU very much.
How are they not?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:44 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,241,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Once again, THEY ARE NOT QUIVERFUL. Thank YOU very much.
They're clearly adherents to the quiverfull movement (which, as a movement, isn't some sort of organization with membership cards, after all). They walk like quiverfulling ducks and they quack like quiverfulling ducks. Guess what that means?

As for the Duggar blog? Read it. It's chock full of quiverfull practices, from the obvious rabbit-like reproduction to betrothal (What kind of man is suitable to date a Duggar girl? That's up to Jim Bob, says his adult daughter Jill), to the debt-free obsession, the home-schooling, the 'modest dress', and so forth - every last thing about them is straight out of the quiverfull handbook.
Duggar Family Blog: Updates and Pictures Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar 19 Kids and Counting TLC: FAQs

A former adherent to the quiverfull concept points out that many in the movement avoid applying the 'quiverfull' label to themselves:
Quote:
I say that the term “Quiverfull” is “unfortunate” because, I don’t believe that many who are involved in this lifestyle would label themselves as “Quiverfull” ~ and also because it implies a special focus on the anti-birth control aspect of the lifestyle which is not necessarily primary among those who have adopted some or all of the beliefs associated with what might more aptly be called “the Christian family renewal movement” or the practice of “biblical family values.”
NLQ FAQ: What is Quiverfull?

They avoid the label because of its connotations, but that doesn't mean they're not adherents - they obviously are.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:50 PM

25,824 posts, read 32,804,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effielin View Post
What you feel is rape and what I feel is rape is obviously very different.

And I still can't believe how the Christian Right is defending child molestation.... I am sickened as one Christian after another tries to minimize what happened and hold the victims equally responsible... I just kind of thought that as people, as a country, we had evolved more then that.
I don't know what "christian right" you are referring to, but I am certainly NOT defending child molestation. I was definitely molested. I was NOT raped. I don't give a sh*t what definition you want to use.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,632,690 times
The Republicans....

If you're a molester or a fan of incest, they're your new best friend.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:50 AM

45,613 posts, read 33,877,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Kissing can be SEXUAL. Good lord.

And different states define incest differently. Good lord.

http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/criminal_inc...rt%20_2010.pdf
Looks like most states would not consider a 13-14 year old touching his younger sibling's privates to be incest.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:03 AM

45,613 posts, read 33,877,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was molestation. It was not rape. It was a 14-year old boy copping feels, mostly when his sisters were asleep, though on at least two occasions when they were awake. And once when a female guest was sleeping on the couch. It was grossly inappropriate, the girls were victimized, and the parents should have had their son professionally evaluated, and the entire family needed professional counseling. I don't think it serves anyone to underestimate the seriousness of what happened, nor does it serve anyone to mischaracterize what happened.
You summed this whole situation up, well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or