Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 11:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Read the police report that's been linked in this thread. It was a lot more serious than what you are describing.
It was molestation. It was not rape. It was a 14-year old boy copping feels, mostly when his sisters were asleep, though on at least two occasions when they were awake. And once when a female guest was sleeping on the couch. It was grossly inappropriate, the girls were victimized, and the parents should have had their son professionally evaluated, and the entire family needed professional counseling. I don't think it serves anyone to underestimate the seriousness of what happened, nor does it serve anyone to mischaracterize what happened.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Child Protection Service Launches Full Investigation Into The Duggar Family | WashingtonPost

Old 05-27-2015, 12:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Thanks; I was looking for it on the Washington Post's website, not WashingtonPost dot com dot co.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:03 PM

774 posts, read 744,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Listen, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . .

That they do not publicly identify as Quiverful means nothing to me. I suspect that could have something to do with the show and television ratings. They don't publicly admit to having a molester in their midst so anything they say I'll take with a grain of salt, thank you very much.

Almost all of their positions are right out of the Quiverful handbook right down to not paying taxes, their modest dress; allowing Daddy complete control and choosing of their men.

Since you seem to find argument even when I agree with you - this will be the last time I respond to any of your posts.

Once again, THEY ARE NOT QUIVERFUL. Thank YOU very much.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Exactly what I was thinking!

Quote:
Last August, Michelle publicly stated her horror that transgender people could use whichever bathroom they felt most comfortable in.

‘I don’t believe citizens would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas reserved for women and girls,’ she raged.

What she failed to say, of course, was that her own son was a multiple sex predator.

You literally couldn’t make it up.
Anyone who lets their son molest other children should not say ANYTHING about "transgenders might molest someone if they go into their new sexes' bathroom."

As for the repulsive, pious, hypocrisy, I wonder what other skeletons are lurking in their closets.

Seriously, where I come from these people would not be looked up to as heroes. They would be called dirtbags and trash. Which is what they are, as proven by the way they handled their own son molesting other kids. Disgusting. Take them off the air! Now!

What the heck is "Quiverfull?" A quiver full of penises to impregnate every woman in sight and start right up to repeat impregnation the minute the new baby is born? It's ridiculous ... these types are the LAST people who should be adding to the already crisis-level overpopulation of the earth.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:09 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What the heck is "Quiverfull?" A quiver full of penises to impregnate every woman in sight and start right up to repeat impregnation the minute the new baby is born? It's ridiculous ... these types are the LAST people who should be adding to the already crisis-level overpopulation of the earth.
Seriously, it's a vagina, not a clown car!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I had forgotten that Jim Bob had a senate run in 2002, and in his campaign stated that incest and rape should be punishable by death.....and it was during this senate run that Josh was first reported to Daddy by one of the sisters.

Duggar patriarch Jim Bob called for rape and incest to be punishable by DEATH during failed 2002 Senate campaign... two month after his son first abused a minor | Daily Mail Online
Well, when is he going to kill his son?

Or is that just for everybody else?

I can't believe this nut was running for office! Glad he isn't a senator!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:11 PM

774 posts, read 744,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you kiss your father, it's incest?
Oh come on. They plainly said "sexual contact" between family members. So I guess if you get turned on when you kiss your daddy then yeah it's incest.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
I agree 100% with that article. The fact that a Republican candidate for President is actively defending a sex offender is crazy. I knew that some people take the red team/blue team stuff way too seriously, but I never thought that someone would feel compelled to defend a sexual predator that abused children.
Huckabee is toast!

Hey Repubs, can you finally rustle up some non-nuts as candidates for POTUS? Maybe you will finally win.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:14 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Once again, THEY ARE NOT QUIVERFUL. Thank YOU very much.
I thought they were. In fact I believe I heard Michelle talking about it in one of the earliest episodes of the show. It was the first time I had ever heard of Quiverfull. I think it was in response to a question about why they had so many kids.

Maybe they don't identify with that group anymore ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies