U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2015, 12:41 AM

3,843 posts, read 3,811,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Good post.

It's easy to understand. It's like blood in the water. Sharks don't stop to think, they need to feed. People were waiting for this about the Duggars.

As Christians, the Duggars probably accept the consequences of their actions and will be okay as a family. Josh said he came to Christ after he committed these acts, and has learned a difficult lesson about his own potential perversity and the importance of self control.
Oh well, all is good since Baby Jesus forgave him, go forth and molest no more. Meanwhile spread hate and bigotry about LGBT people whilst not admitting publicly to his own sins. Remove the beam from his own eye, etc.

Hypocrisy at it's best. Something Christians have had two thousand years of experience with.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:51 AM

935 posts, read 489,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Good post.

It's easy to understand. It's like blood in the water. Sharks don't stop to think, they need to feed. People were waiting for this about the Duggars.

As Christians, the Duggars probably accept the consequences of their actions and will be okay as a family. Josh said he came to Christ after he committed these acts, and has learned a difficult lesson about his own potential perversity and the importance of self control.
Families that suffer rape and incest tend not to be ok. The psychological effects are.devasating.

But if you believe that the family who sleeps together stays together then so be it

Old 05-23-2015, 05:32 AM

30,371 posts, read 16,667,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well back in the day, a lot of the children didn't even reach adulthood, and we were primarily
an agricultural society, and lack of birth control, thus the large families.
Today, a family that large
Not entirely true. That is the current liberal myth. In my family history, there were a lot of lawyers, publishers (L.A. Times editor, Harrison Gray Otis, when the L.A. Times was a conservative paper), inventors (Elisha Graves Otis, inventor of the safety elevator, my third cousin four times removed), the inventor of the steam shovel, etc.

There were a few infant deaths, but most lived into their late 60's and into their 70's. We are living longer today.

My family was large by today's standards. My mom had six. She always said she wanted ten!

Old 05-23-2015, 05:33 AM

20,976 posts, read 16,282,976 times
Scumbag. May he rot in prison.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:45 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,833,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Scumbag. May he rot in prison.
Statute of limitations. He will see no prison cell.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I know you haven't been given much to work with, but... "In my head, Bill Clinton did something equally bad" is really the best you can do?
That isn't a quote of mine. But you all know that you supported Bill Clinton, who was probably doing worse than Josh Duggar from the time he first heard the word, "sex." He gets a pass. He was never condemned by the Left, and is still their "hero."

A friend made this observation:
"If Josh Duggars were out in the world doing his thing, the same liberals that are screaming 'child molestation' would be cheering him on, and have given him a condom so he could have sex with his underage girlfriend."
I think that is a true statement. The reason the Left (and let's be honest, it was the homosexual Left) have gone after Josh Dugger (and in fact, it was an intentional effort to dig up dirt, out of pure hatred, because they learned this through a FOIA search) is because he is Christian and the FRC speaks out against "Gay marriage." It is the extreme Leftist organization, "The Southern Poverty Law Center" that is behind this, because they call the FRC a "hate group." (Amazing that they don't see themselves as a "hate group.")

I haven't heard any condemnation of Lena Dunham yet from the left, who molested her sister. Why not?

Old 05-23-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What I find fascinating is how many GOP presidential hopefuls have photos with him. Huckabee has already gone on record defending Duggar.
Well, you all defend Bill Clinton, don't you? Rapist, molester. Besides, what Josh Dugger has been accused of has been blown all out of proportion to what he actually did. Some have even used the word, "rape."

The worst he did was that he (to use today's terms) touched his sisters "inappropriately."

Gee, when I was 15 years old, my first kiss was from a girl three years older (she kissed me first) on a park bench by a lake. Today, she would be charged with corruption of a minor! A sexual predator!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:31 AM

187 posts, read 155,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And yet he is being treated as a hero by the right despite admitting to being a pedophile. How sickening.
Let it be known that myself and my friends and family are all very very far right on most issues but it's the infection of the GOP by fundamentalist ""Christians"" in the seventies that began the downward spiral of the GOP to the point that we see it today.

In my political belief system I personally am not bound by religious teachings or dogma of any persuasion.

it's human filth like the Duggars that continue to perpetuate a stereotype that is simply not accurate in many instances when it comes to conservative viewpoints.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 AM

9,984 posts, read 6,773,323 times
I don't even know who the Duggars are except for seeing they have a ton
of kids and a reality show.
Anyway my purpose for posting in this thread is simply to say that in my
opinion the word "molestation" is misapplied too often, here and in many
other cases where only rubbing is involved which is not true molestation,
although it is still inappropriate.
And a young boy still going through puberty was fooling around and
felt up his sister, I mean it's wrong but is it MOLESTATION ?

Old 05-23-2015, 06:50 AM

15,740 posts, read 9,265,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That isn't a quote of mine. But you all know that you supported Bill Clinton, who was probably doing worse than Josh Duggar from the time he first heard the word, "sex." He gets a pass. He was never condemned by the Left, and is still their "hero."

A friend made this observation:
"If Josh Duggars were out in the world doing his thing, the same liberals that are screaming 'child molestation' would be cheering him on, and have given him a condom so he could have sex with his underage girlfriend."
I think that is a true statement. The reason the Left (and let's be honest, it was the homosexual Left) have gone after Josh Dugger (and in fact, it was an intentional effort to dig up dirt, out of pure hatred, because they learned this through a FOIA search) is because he is Christian and the FRC speaks out against "Gay marriage." It is the extreme Leftist organization, "The Southern Poverty Law Center" that is behind this, because they call the FRC a "hate group." (Amazing that they don't see themselves as a "hate group.")

I haven't heard any condemnation of Lena Dunham yet from the left, who molested her sister. Why not?
And they same left give young black men who assault law enforcement and commit horrible crimes a pass, because they're just "kids".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies