U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,758,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He admitted to having molested his sisters, not to being a pedophile. I don't know how old his sisters were at the time, or which one since his parents had a whole litter of kids, but in fairness, he's not saying he has a sexual attraction to children (which is what a pedo is; pedo does not mean child molester, and I find it strange how few are actually unaware of this). According to his own omission, he does not have the desire to do anything to a child (anymore, if you wish to add it). I don't consider him a pedophlie.

Sincerely, a liberal

who by the way does think this whole issue is pointless. There are way worse people in the world than this guy. Yes, he's a hypocrite, but there are bigger injustices in the world than this. This is what the media wants of course; If we focus on some relatively unimportant man who molested his sister as a teenager, we won't have to ask 'what's in the TPP?'

Not saying what Duggard did was ok. It's not. He did a nasty thing. But is it really any of our business? Issues like this should be a personal thing, between him, his victims, and the lawyers.
He
Why would he molest then if he was not attracted to them which is the definiton of a pedophile? He does not have a desire right now to do anything but there was a time when he did.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:30 PM

4,987 posts, read 2,646,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
He
Why would he molest then if he was not attracted to them which is the definiton of a pedophile? He does not have a desire right now to do anything but there was a time when he did.
So all the sexually active 14,15,ect ect year olds are pedos.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 05-22-2015, 09:08 PM

11,958 posts, read 16,671,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
So all the sexually active 14,15,ect ect year olds are pedos.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Are they sexually active with kids under 10, as young as 4? Then yes.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:20 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,816,460 times
Dude ought to be locked in a cell with Daron Dylon Wint. He would dispose of him accordingly.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:43 PM

8,111 posts, read 5,776,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, if that isn't hypocrisy elevated to an art form.

For those unfamiliar with the FRC, it's an organization that's very, very focused on gay people and how they are a horrible influence on America, in particular America's children. It is only logical that they hire Josh Duggar (oldest son of the Duggar family of reality TV fame) as Executive Director - good Christian, member of the Quiverful movement, raised in a highly faithful family, a paragon of sound family values.

Also, it turns out, a child molester.

Daddy Duggar knew (for about a year) before doing anything about it. (It's probably how his faith handles this sort of thing, I'm not up on current doctrine.) And then went to the authorities, who - well, did nothing, really.

So the scrambling has begun. I am not going to post photos of Josh shaking hands with Ted Cruz, Scott Walker and Rick Perry, they're out there. For the Duggars, I guess the TLC gravy train left the station.

And for the Family Research Council, well - nice job living down to expectations.
I thought this was a reality show where it shows the daily going ons, how they live and teach their children... and sometimes "fake" drama as the family continues to grow. I didn't realize they were giving their opinions on gay people. What other opinions were they preaching about people that they disagree with?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:12 PM

20,569 posts, read 8,726,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This all happened a decade ago when he was a teen. The family placed him in a treatment program, and all of his siblings confirm there have been no incidents since, and that they felt safe.

Seems to be a reach to attack a family for the sins of one YOUNG son years ago. Besides, I thought progressive liberals had no issue with incest.

If anyone needed God, it would certainly be a young man with such a sexual proclivity.

He got help, has had no more incidents for over a decade... yet here is mainscream dragging it up so many years later. It's more wet ammunition being used against the religious right to satisfy the useful idiots of the world.

And what help did the girls he molested get. You care more about the pedophile than you care about his victims. Why is that.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:15 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,256,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
He
Sexual abuse isn't always about an attraction. I've seen studies that show not all child molesters are even pedophiles.

I don't know if Duggar is a pedophile or not. Neither do you. He's the only one who can truly know that, I suppose. He says he's not, and while he does have a reason to lie, he also deeply believes that he's got a very good reason not to.

This is what I'll say: if he ever even attempts to molest a child again, he should be convicted and sentences accordingly. Given his history, I'd treat it as a repeat offense, despite being his first actual conviction. I would consider that to be justice. I hope it doesn't come to that. A 27 year old man molesting a child is substantially worse than a 14 year old doing it.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 PM

20,569 posts, read 8,726,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Anyone want to post a copy of the heavily redacted report?

Oh here ya go OP, doesn't seem to fit your narrative but that was the whole point wasn't it by not posting a link.

Josh Duggar on child molestation report: 'I acted inexcusably' | KSL.com

What he did seems inexcusable but no one filed any charges and seems like treatment and counseling solved the issue.

Again if this was a ******* Political/Social superstar then then he would be heralded as a hero for overcoming such a difficult problem as a troubled youth.

Slimy liberals.

No one filed charges because it was swept under the rug. And many were his sisters who he molested. What kind of counseling did he get to cure him of pedophilia. And if you think liberals would hail him as a hero for overcoming this....think again. You seem to be the one thinking he is the hero How about we think about the girls he abused. Why are we so focused on him and not them. They are the ones hurting.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:34 AM

935 posts, read 486,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'm not treating him as a friggin hero like he would be if it was one of your political kin. What I am doing is pointing out the slimy hypocrisy of people of your displayed political pursuasian in this particular instance.
You are minimizing his sick acts. Way to go

Old 05-23-2015, 12:34 AM

22,592 posts, read 12,269,854 times
I realize that when boys are teenagers their hormones are raging ... I was a teen once. I never molested under aged children though - and had no desire to.

When I was a teen, we didn't have the internet, but we had ... um ... magazines ... National Geographic ... the Sears Roebuck Catalog ... *

Anyway, what the guy did was creepy. To think he was a speaker at the National Organization For Marriage rally in Washington last month.

*never went blind, but I do need reading glasses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies