U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 11:43 AM

1,587 posts, read 805,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Israel controls the borders, not the PA. And terrorism will continue until people see hope and progress, instead they see continued illegal settlement building and further land grabs by Israel.
Israel controls its border. Why would the PA control Israeli borders? Jordan and Egypt control its own borders with the Palestinian. Which is why Egypt has been destroying the tunnels that Palestinian made to smuggle in more weapons. As long as terrorism continue then they will continue to live like they have. I don't see any land grabbing as you claimed.

Quote:
Also Israel has full impunity on the ability to arrest, search and seize in the West Bank and they will be tried in a court that doesn't afford them all of the rights that an Israeli citizen would receive.
The PA has the ability to arrest search and seize within the West Bank as they have been doing for quite some time. Why would a non-citizen be afforded all the same rights of a citizen?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:44 AM

1,666 posts, read 765,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
There you go again talking about Europe as if that is where all Jews are from when you know for a fact that is false. You also know Jews been living there long before any of these modern day Arabs. Really dude all you keep doing is repeating the same tired old line in every single thread that has anything to do with Israel.
Arabs were a majority of the population in Palestine pre-48'. According to the League of Nations report that was actually in support of the Balfour Declaration, most of the population of Jews in 1917 was made up of immigrants from Russia.

You're correct in that there was a small Jewish population in Palestine for quite some time. They were allowed their rights under all Caliphates but killed by Crusaders unfortunately.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:48 AM

3,262 posts, read 2,990,081 times
Quote:
Well if you mean all *Zionists* reading this don't believe me, then fine.

I could really care less about Jews. They have their religion and they have their rights. I've protested *with Jews* against Zionism and against Israeli aggressions and will continue to do so.
I mean most people. To be crystal clear.

Also to everyone who is reading this who is opposed to Israeli actions as opposed to Israel as a nation of jews and would like to know, hey, how do I make clear what I really mean? Read this guy's posts in this thread and avoid anything you've seen, pretty much.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Arabs were a majority of the population in Palestine pre-48'. According to the League of Nations report that was actually in support of the Balfour Declaration, most of the population of Jews in 1917 was made up of immigrants from Russia.
Correction: Arab migrants population outnumbered Jews during certain periods. Just simply stating pre-48 is misleading because the Jewish population were much larger than the Arabs until the mass killing and exiling of Jews and all this happen pre-48'.

Quote:
You're correct in that there was a small Jewish population in Palestine for quite some time. They were allowed their rights under all Caliphates but killed by Crusaders unfortunately.
There was a large Jewish population in Palestine as well for quite some time long before the Arabs. The population numbers have risen and fallen for thousand of years.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I mean most people. To be crystal clear.

Also to everyone who is reading this who is opposed to Israeli actions as opposed to Israel as a nation of jews and would like to know, hey, how do I make clear what I really mean? Read this guy's posts in this thread and avoid anything you've seen, pretty much.
im sure you've performed a statistical analysis and study on the topic? Or perhaps you have telepathic capabilities not known to modern science! Mazel Tov!

Old 05-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Correction: Arab migrants population outnumbered Jews during certain periods. Just simply stating pre-48 is misleading because the Jewish population were much larger than the Arabs until the mass killing and exiling of Jews and all this happen pre-48'.

There was a large Jewish population in Palestine as well for quite some time long before the Arabs. The population numbers have risen and fallen for thousand of years.
if you're speaking to 2000 years ago, pre-roman forced exodus, I agree. If you mean anytime from the Byzantine period to the end of the Ottoman Caliphate, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
if you're speaking to 2000 years ago, pre-roman forced exodus, I agree. If you mean anytime from the Byzantine period to the end of the Ottoman Caliphate, then I'm afraid you're wrong.
We already accomplished you were wrong. Again the Jewish population has risen and fallen for thousands of years and it is not just 2000 years ago. Even the Arab dominion occupation only lasted 22 years. You are aware that during the Byzantine period it was a huge Christian area right

Last edited by Devon011; 05-24-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
We already accomplished you were wrong. Again the Jewish population has risen and fallen for thousands of years and it is not just 2000 years ago. Even the Arab dominion occupation only lasted 22 years. You are aware that during the Byzantine period it was a huge Christian area right
Arab dominion of 22 years? What are you talking about? There was an Ummayad Caliphate, Abbasid Caliphate and others who ruled for 100's of years before the Uthmani Caliphate (Ottomans took over).

From the historical records from both Israeli historians and reports done by the League of Nations and Ottoman censuses, there hadnt been a Jewish majority in Palestine since the Roman occupation. In the 1800's there were a very small number of Jews and then there was an influx of Jews from Russia that made up the majority of the Jewish population in 1917. Thereafter more Jews immigrated under the British mandate, mostly from Europe initially but as the fear of Zionism spread through the Muslim world more Jews started immigrating from Muslim lands to Palestine.

If you can produce evidence which shows the above is inaccurate or incorrect, I'll be happy to hear it. My sources are the League of Nations report of 1920, Ottoman Censuses, Israeli historian Benny Morris and few historians whom commented on the Byzantine period.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Arab dominion of 22 years? What are you talking about? There was an Ummayad Caliphate, Abbasid Caliphate and others who ruled for 100's of years before the Uthmani Caliphate (Ottomans took over).

From the historical records from both Israeli historians and reports done by the League of Nations and Ottoman censuses, there hadnt been a Jewish majority in Palestine since the Roman occupation. In the 1800's there were a very small number of Jews and then there was an influx of Jews from Russia that made up the majority of the Jewish population in 1917. Thereafter more Jews immigrated under the British mandate, mostly from Europe initially but as the fear of Zionism spread through the Muslim world more Jews started immigrating from Muslim lands to Palestine.

If you can produce evidence which shows the above is inaccurate or incorrect, I'll be happy to hear it. My sources are the League of Nations report of 1920, Ottoman Censuses, Israeli historian Benny Morris and few historians whom commented on the Byzantine period.
Now you are pretending that you don't know what Arab occupation means? Changing caliphs are different groups within the Muslim world. Really? That is sad even for you.

Who said that the land wasn't ruled by many? So what exactly are trying to even say by stating that?

You again keep trying to use that League of Nation report which I already proven to you made a guess of the population. Every time I question you about the population numbers in numeral threads you always go back to that report that obviously guessed.

You seem to like to center around 1880- 1920 for some reason as if that is suppose to prove something. So let me enlighten you.
In 1880 Jews were mainly in the four holy cities of Safed, Tiberias, Hebron and Jerusalem. The population was around 25,000 - 30,000. During the 1880's there a first wave of immigration of Jews from Eastern Europe (a lot were Russian but not all) and their estimated number was around 25,000 - 30,000 which put up the population of Jews to 50,000 - 60,000. Total population of the land was around 350,000.

Zionist organization was founded with the explicit aim of "establishing a home for the Jewish people in Palestine, guaranteed under international law in 1897. Between 1904 -1914 is when the second wave of immigration happened of Jews this is also when a lot of Arabs migrated as well. In 1909 the first kibbutz was established, and the same year the city of Tel Aviv was founded. By 1914 the Jewish population was between 85,000 -95,000. At most Russian made up half of the Jews population not most as you claimed.

In 1917 the British government issued the "Balfour Declaration" promising the Zionist Organization support for the establishment of "a national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine.

You haven't proven your statement about the population of Jews which is why you keep trying to use the League of Nation report that merely made a guess which is why they didn't even put a number to it. It is for you to provide evidence to your statement which you have failed to do in countless threads other then your League of Nation report

The Byzantine period is when it was a huge Christian area and it is when Churches and monasteries were being built in the holy places in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Galilee, and Jews were denied access to Jerusalem

Last edited by Devon011; 05-24-2015 at 01:16 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 01:24 PM

40,210 posts, read 39,746,561 times
Pay them to leave or "be prosecuted".....

Just to keep their "ethic character"

Sounds like 1933 all over again, just the roles are flipped.

The irony of this is mind numbing......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or