U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 02:21 AM

26,302 posts, read 12,780,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So you are admitting liberal policies crush self improvement in looking to get a better paying job.
Crazy things like what? College for free? Or college loans without high interest rates? OR?

Please, the Republicans version of "self improvement" is "We will get you in shape! Run that obstacle course!".....and then shoots the person in the leg. "Faster slacker! If you were rich you wouldn't be this weak!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 AM

33,046 posts, read 21,948,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So you are admitting liberal policies crush self improvement in looking to get a better paying job.

I think Reagan's brilliant policy of reducing welfare benefits dollar-for-dollar of earned income is the all-time winner in the "crushing self-improvement in looking to get a better paying job" competition.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:59 AM

9,840 posts, read 11,868,724 times
The robots won't ask for a retirement pension

Old 05-24-2015, 05:03 AM

26,302 posts, read 12,780,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The funny thing is that the robots will eventually move up the employment ladder replacing people. Very very very few people will have their jobs survive it.

I'm a software engineer, 20 years from now I do not expect to be employed.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:25 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,882,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
McDonald's offers retirement pensions? Do most jobs in 2015?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:24 AM

32,283 posts, read 26,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
This is probably like the best thing in the world for conservatives, seeing working class Americans lose their job and struggle even more financially... lol, never met such a hateful group of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Crazy things like what? College for free? Or college loans without high interest rates? OR?

Please, the Republicans version of "self improvement" is "We will get you in shape! Run that obstacle course!".....and then shoots the person in the leg. "Faster slacker! If you were rich you wouldn't be this weak!"
rubbish. just because us conservatives expect normal healthy people to be productive member of society, and improve themselves in what ever way they choose, so long as it is legal, doesnt mean we hate anyone.

and college for free? where do you get that idea? schooling is NEVER free. either you pay for it directly through tuition and other fees, or you pay for it indirectly through taxes. so tell me, would you rather have student loans that when paid off means you are done paying for your college education, or would you rather be paying for your college education until you have passed away?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:09 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,249,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
This is probably like the best thing in the world for conservatives, seeing working class Americans lose their job and struggle even more financially... lol, never met such a hateful group of people.
And just think, people like you were the enablers. It's wonderful.

Never met such a bunch if ignoramuses that never, never see the consequences of their actions.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:25 AM

7,542 posts, read 8,395,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I think Reagan's brilliant policy of reducing welfare benefits dollar-for-dollar of earned income is the all-time winner in the "crushing self-improvement in looking to get a better paying job" competition.
That policy predates Reagan.

I received unemployment checks for a while during the Carter administration, and they reduced the checks if you got a part time job.

The idea is if you got a full time job, you no longer signed up for benefits.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:40 AM

1,754 posts, read 1,583,586 times
Robots may make less mistakes, but unfortunately, they won't be a punching bag for irate sucktomers to yell at in order to vent their frustations about life in general either.

I'm sure some of you would prefer humans for this reason.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 AM

18,543 posts, read 9,538,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Is that why you like Democrat's way better? Hey you don't need to run. Just vote for me and I will get you free stuff. Those runners? They are suckers. If you vote for me, we will take their money and give to you! You are still in poverty after generations? That's not your fault. There is no need to learn how to run. Just vote for me and those runners will pay for it. Hahaha.

Free stuff for all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies