Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:52 AM

30,318 posts, read 19,107,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
This clown? He can't even read a teleprompter without getting nervous. Good luck at the debates. Hillary would crush him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ZxJVnM5Gs
The best you could come up with was Rubio taking a sip of water. Rubio is going to crush that old woman....all she can really say is she picked a good politician for a husband and stuck with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 AM

62,852 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Well he backed amnesty at one time. Maybe hes trying to be like Reagan. But he flip.flops so.much that hes moee like Romney

[MOD CUT]
Well, since the mod had to cut your foreign language usage I guess that's a tell all to the rest of us as to why you hold he position on illegal immigration that you do, isn't it?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:17 AM

957 posts, read 757,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Didnt Rubio support amnesty to illegal immgrants
Doesn't matter, he's a republican.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:59 AM

30,608 posts, read 18,175,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yeah, no. If you're going to post something have the courtesy to provide the link. Its the difference between you taking the effort to find it-and you're probably there allready, and 100's of people taking the effort. Without it original the post is just noise, as its obvious that you dont care enough to include a post, why should we care enough to do the work you should have.
Yeah, yes. The fact is that it isn't there. Still, the source is clear as day from the thread title as the NYT. If you have the will/know how to write a rude post about the lack of source, despite the source being in the header, you can surely do a simple Google search. Another person I have to ignore as you seem hellbent on arguing foolishness (stick to the topic of the thread, especially as it's abundantly clear what my source is). Seriously, I don't post to engage in this amount of nitpicking, especially given the circumstances of this post.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:05 AM

33,983 posts, read 17,018,158 times
This is from the forum's rules, OP. This is the reason you are hearing complaints from others.

"Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post."

Old 05-24-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Hillary will struggle with Rubio for three reasons:

A) He is Hispanic whereas she just condescends to Hispanics
B) He is as youthful and handsome as she is old and shopworn
C) He is an excellent, inspirational speaker whiles she sounds like a nutty substitute teacher.

None of these things mean that she wouldn't win the match up. As Cuban, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and South Americans may not identify with him as strongly as he thinks. Hillary is the latest democratic novelty act and some women will vote for her because she is a woman. Hillary, old as she is, harkens back to her popular husband, and Rubio, who has not done a lot himself, is the poorest candidate to raise the competency and accomplishment issue...in fact, he may remind some swing voters of a Republican version of Obama himself.

Whether either side wants to admit it or not, this election is probably going to come down to the economy. Right now, it looks like it is tanking, and if it does, then Hillary hasn't got a prayer. If things stabilize and turn around, then Hillary wins based on name recognition and girly parts.

Sorry, but it probably is as simple as that.
Agree with most of the post, especially as it concerns Rubio. Hillary may well win, but this is far from being a walkaway that some on the left are hoping for. Whether he's Cuban and not Puerto Rican/Mexican/etc. isn't really relevant. He's a Hispanic American, which will mean a lot as far as demographic support goes. I see him being very competitive in Colorado, Iowa, Florida (which he'd win), New Mexico, Nevada, and possibly another state; oddly enough, I'm not sure that the demographics will be there in Ohio for him or another GOP nominee in 2016 . . . that is unless the economy worsens, which it very well might.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:07 AM

33,983 posts, read 17,018,158 times
Rubio will be meaningless, unless paired with someone with similar views on Reform with a pathway of some kind to citizenship. If paired with such a candidate, he'd be a force as either POTUS or VP nominee.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
This is from the forum's rules, OP. This is the reason you are hearing complaints from others.

"Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post."
The terms and conditions concern properly citing your sources. While a link to the article would be nice (and, I readily admit, that was an oversight on my part), I ultimately did fulfill the spirit of the terms and conditions by citing my source in the thread header. It includes a verbatim name for the article and even includes the source newspaper: the New York Times. At the end of the day, by the time the oversight was recognized and some of the complaining posts came in, I could no longer edit my OP, which made the calls for a link, etc., all the more bewildering (and they aren't coming from people unfamiliar with the mechanics of the site, including rules for editing).

Old 05-24-2015, 09:10 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They are both a scary thought for anyone that sees who they really are.
I agree, especially concerning the foreign policy of Rubio's handlers.
Here is one paleo-conservative who would rather have Hillary Clinton
as President than Marco Rubio.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Rubio will be meaningless, unless paired with someone with similar views on Reform with a pathway of some kind to citizenship. If paired with such a candidate, he'd be a force as either POTUS or VP nominee.
He does support a pathway to citizenship, as does every GOP contender. Just not a special pathway to citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies