Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,961,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We all around here know that you will never admit that you are wrong. Go bother someone else ok
A, I didnt make a statement in order to be wrong, I asked why Clinton changed the US Policy on outing Saddam
B, Thats not an answer.. Here, try this one..

What happened to the USS Cole, during the Clinton administration again?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 12:02 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,196,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A, I didnt make a statement in order to be wrong, I asked why Clinton changed the US Policy on outing Saddam
B, Thats not an answer.. Here, try this one..

What happened to the USS Cole, during the Clinton administration again?

You are very well versed with the word deflection.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:10 PM

7,577 posts, read 5,299,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Why isn't the American people getting updates from our Generals we don't hear much of anything other then a few CNN reports which is injected with opinion.
Ah... when did generals supersede the civilian leadership unless you are looking for a return of the Five O'Clock Follies. or perhaps you are looking for a return of the dog and pony show during the first Gulf War?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 PM

7,577 posts, read 5,299,352 times
"We don't yet have a complete strategy because it requires commitments on the part of the Iraqis,"

President Obama.

All the A-10's in the world isn't going to do a damned think until the Iraqi government gets its act together.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,449,566 times
Quote:
Why isn't the American people getting updates from our Generals we don't hear much of anything other then a few CNN reports which is injected with opinion.
DoD
OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE: TARGETED OPERATIONS AGAINST ISIL TERRORISTS

Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria, Iraq

Quote:
SOUTHWEST ASIA, June 9, 2015 – U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, which took place between 8 a.m. yesterday and 8 a.m. today, local time, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:37 PM

70 posts, read 66,899 times
A case against a supposed member of Isis collapsed at the Old Bailey in London last week.

Not sure if it's been on here already but his defence argued that it would be an affront to justice if the British government tried the case against him when all along MI6 has been supporting the same group.

Ultimately the British government just didn't want to go there in a court of law where who knows what would have come out and because of that the suspect walked.

Now if we're there meddling you can absolutely hang your hat on the fact that the CIA is running the whole operation.

It's difficult to get our heads round this kind of thing and I know some people just prefer to flat out not believe it but the evidence seems to be there if you look for it.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,093,598 times
Quote:
The facts are the people in the middle east are not capable to be governed by democracy they like having a dictator or Islamic state to keep them under control. The problem is these Islamic's acquire WMD's they want to attack the west. My feeling is we are better off with a dictator like Assad in control. I don't think country's around them want to bother with it they don't feel threatened. Obama is stuck now because he wants the dems to hold control of the white house this has a political aspect as well if he makes a big mistake and ends up with American dead solders then he will be just like Bush going into another election.
Perhaps the west should have never divided up the middle east based on arbitrary geographic boundaries after WW2 in order to secure resources. Not to mention.prop up and dispose of rulers based on our own inclinations.... We reap what we sow.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:14 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Present.
lol, yep, Obama thinks it's just a continuance of his Senator days.

Present!

Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,814,411 times
I don't think he really cares. In January 2017, it will be someone else's problem. He can go about on a well paid lecture circuit, write a book, play golf.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,961,336 times
Quote:
You are very well versed with the word deflection.
Yes, I read enough of it around here, like this example.

Here, I'll give you another chance
Quote:
Saddam had a good handle on them in Iraq. Dubya said he didn't want anyone to focus on anything else except Iraq. You do remember him not following through with Afghanistan. don't you.
Quote:
yeah, because we all know there asnt any terrorists around before Bush was sworn in.. oh wait..
Quote:
All these collateral countries problem began when Dubya set the region on fire.
Quote:
If Saddam had a good handle on them in Iraq, then why did Clinton change the US policy to out him?
So will YOU deflect again? Or actually respond this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies