Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"According to RadarOnline Josh Duggar was taken by his father to [Bill Gothard's] Basic Life Principles Training Center in Little Rock, for counseling after admitting to groping the young girls." IBLP "resolves issues by using Biblical principles".

Gothard, and IBLP, has a colorful history with his Gothard’s brother Steve being forced out after having affairs with a few of the institute’s secretaries.

Gothard himself left under a cloud in 2014, amid accusations that he had sexually harassed multiple women and failed to report allegations of child abuse at IBLP."

Founder of Josh Duggar's Treatment Center...
There is a history of darkness in that whole 'quiver full' movement that has been whitewashed into being 'good Christians'.

This cult is a perversion of Christianity. The Duggars are not just one big 'happy, Christian' family. I do wonder why they don't identify themselves as part of this movement when it is well known that they are.

With women and girls forced to 'submit' to the authority of their fathers and brothers; with the lack of contact with the outside world (christian home schooling); with the emphasis of the female dress code being responsible for the "purity' of the males - I would bet a million dollars that there is so much more ugliness that is about to be exposed.

The women have NO autonomy at all. Remember Andrea Yates?

This is not the first 'sex scandal' inside the movement.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The quote from the article is: "Isn't it liberals who believe that teaching masturbation is more important than American history?"

While a bit of an exaggeration, I actually agree with the intent of that statement in the article. Reading, writing and arithmetic have been replaced by.....well, total progressive centered BS.
I have not met a single person who thought teaching masturbation was more important than US history, if you have an example of a school system in this nation that has placed the "importance of masturbation over US history", please provide it

If you were trying to say that there are schools that put the arts( like playing an instrument( above Reading, writing, and arithmetic, then what you are comparing is a whole lot more than just a bit of an exaggeration.

Side Note: I dont know of any school or person that "teaches" masturbation.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:20 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have not met a single person who thought teaching masturbation was more important than US history, if you have an example of a school system in this nation that has placed the "importance of masturbation over US history", please provide it

If you were trying to say that there are schools that put the arts( like playing an instrument( above Reading, writing, and arithmetic, then what you are comparing is a whole lot more than just a bit of an exaggeration.

Side Note: I dont know of any school or person that "teaches" masturbation.
No, but I do know of conservative state legislatures that have censored parts of US history education.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:30 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you even read what you write? No one is attacking him for anything else but his own admitted conduct with children half his age which, by the way, he didn't disclose until after the statute of limitations ran out. (That alone should speak volumes about the family.) This is not a left vs. right thing. This is not a liberal vs. conservative thing. This is about child molestation and whether or not what he did is forgivable and, frankly, the only ones who can decide that are his victims since it is now out of the long reach of the law. If he is so weak that he can't handle the pressure, then I'm sure there are plenty of doctors and clergy who can hold his hands. In the meantime, who is holding the hands of his victims? That would be the more important question to me.
I agree. He, and other molesters deserve to be held in contempt. Rather they are right wing or left wing. Except some people make excuses for left wing molesters (Lena Dunham anyone?). Just as much of a POS predator as Dugger. Both deserve our contempt, as do their parents for not protecting young children.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree. He, and other molesters deserve to be held in contempt. Rather they are right wing or left wing. Except some people make excuses for left wing molesters (Lena Dunham anyone?). Just as much of a POS predator as Dugger. Both deserve our contempt, as do their parents for not protecting young children.
When did anyone on the left defend Lena Dunham(when did she even become part of "the left")????

heck i doubt many people even knew who she was before she was in the news( i didnt).

Old 05-25-2015, 12:48 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
What Josh Duggar did is wrong. Period. End of discussion.

I'm not interested in any articles (liberal or conservative) that have more to say about the situation or explanations for why this happened and how it was handled.

It's not a liberal vs conservative or religious vs atheist argument. What he did was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies