U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:43 PM

935 posts, read 487,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
theres already a existing topic, which is written better, and they provided a link.

Thread fail.
lolol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM

26,302 posts, read 12,777,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Supporting the policy is supporting them.
What is wrong with you people?

Show me where I supported the policy? I did in fact state that I thought the court challenge was good, and that I wanted to have this decided by SCOTUS for clarity to all future presidents.

I stated a wall was a bad idea, because I think e-verify would be more effective.

Seriously, why do you misrepresent me so completely?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:00 PM

77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
This is why you don't start multiple threads on the same thing. Greywar was clearly against what Obama did in the other thread and it gets old having to repeat yourself over and over.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM

36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Quote:
What is wrong with you people?

Show me where I supported the policy? I did in fact state that I thought the court challenge was good, and that I wanted to have this decided by SCOTUS for clarity to all future presidents.

I stated a wall was a bad idea, because I think e-verify would be more effective.

Seriously, why do you misrepresent me so completely?
It's needs to be a combination thereof. Criminals and terrorists aren't coming here to work. It's a deterrant to all illegal entry.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's needs to be a combination thereof. Criminals and terrorists aren't coming here to work. It's a deterrant to all illegal entry.
24-40 billion plus however much to maintain the wall. To me, I just cant see it being effective. Id rather put land mines out, and have armed drones patrol it. But people would get all upset when a bunch of kids were blown up. Shrug. So thats out.

Everify seems like the most reasonable method-without any income I believe the problem would resolve itself. As for criminals and terrorists...both of those tend to fly in quite legally via plane. They are not even remotely a concern. None of the Sept 11th folks came in illegally via a border crossing.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:54 PM

36,244 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Quote:
24-40 billion plus however much to maintain the wall. To me, I just cant see it being effective. Id rather put land mines out, and have armed drones patrol it. But people would get all upset when a bunch of kids were blown up. Shrug. So thats out.

Everify seems like the most reasonable method-without any income I believe the problem would resolve itself. As for criminals and terrorists...both of those tend to fly in quite legally via plane. They are not even remotely a concern. None of the Sept 11th folks came in illegally via a border crossing.
No, terrorists don't "tend" to fly in here legally. Just because that's the way it happened before doesn't mean they won't do it another way next time. Even the FBI Director, Robert Mueller has stated that people from known terrorists countries have slipped thru our southern border and disappeared into our country. Isn't it obvious how easy that is to do with the millions of illegals that came here that way?

I already told you how effective the double wall was on the San Diego border. When you factor in what it is costing us by illegals continually coming here thru our southern border it would be well worth it. It was already approved by congress years ago but never funded. Go figure......

E-verify will remove the job incentives and I'm all for it but birthright citizenship needs to be denied to their kids also because they can live off the welfare they collect thru them.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, terrorists don't "tend" to fly in here legally. Just because that's the way it happened before doesn't mean they won't do it another way next time. Even the FBI Director, Robert Mueller has stated that people from known terrorists countries have slipped thru our southern border and disappeared into our country. Isn't it obvious how easy that is to do with the millions of illegals that came here that way?

I already told you how effective the double wall was on the San Diego border. When you factor in what it is costing us by illegals continually coming here thru our southern border it would be well worth it. It was already approved by congress years ago but never funded. Go figure......

E-verify will remove the job incentives and I'm all for it but birthright citizenship needs to be denied to their kids also because they can live off the welfare they collect thru them.

The birthright citizenship will require a constitutional amendment believe. I would be for that.

So far every single terrorist thats made it here has came in legally. Fear mongering is unlikely to change that. Its the easiest way to arrive. Saying "OMG someone from a terrorist country (like Iran) has crossed illegally doesn't mean a terrorist has.

A giant fence looks nice, til they burrow under it, or go over it, or create holes in it. Comparing a small area of the border where they just go around it, to the idea of a entire border....once they cant go around it they WILL take the effort to go over, below, or through.

honestly believe removing the incentive is the way to go. Then allow drones to patrol it looking for others-the volume would be low, and drones could do it.

Alternatively theres some pretty impressive monitoring blimps we could use. I am all for the idea of preventing people, I just think a fence would be a waste of money and effort.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:47 PM

5,534 posts, read 7,466,427 times
A fence would work if it had some honest balls and strength behind it.
I said years ago, when all you could hear from the politicians is, "we need to secure the southern border", that there is a cost effective way to control that border, but no one listened.

I stated way back then, to call up the national guard to help the border patrol.
Erect billboards every quarter mile, facing Mexico, and written in Spanish in large, bold letters, "IF YOU ENTER THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT, AND GO HOME IN A BODY BAG, NO EXCEPTIONS"

Firing on Mexican citizens would not start a war with Mexico as many have said it would.
What it would do, is force the Mexican government to curtail illegal entry into the United States.
But, today, as in years past, the government leaders of both countries lack good old fashion balls, and nothing gets done.

Bob.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:50 PM

77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
A fence would work if it had some honest balls and strength behind it.
I said years ago, when all you could hear from the politicians is, "we need to secure the southern border", that there is a cost effective way to control that border, but no one listened.

I stated way back then, to call up the national guard to help the border patrol.
Erect billboards every quarter mile, facing Mexico, and written in Spanish in large, bold letters, "IF YOU ENTER THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT, AND GO HOME IN A BODY BAG, NO EXCEPTIONS"

Firing on Mexican citizens would not start a war with Mexico as many have said it would.
What it would do, is force the Mexican government to curtail illegal entry into the United States.
But, today, as in years past, the government leaders of both countries lack good old fashion balls, and nothing gets done.

Bob.
Kinda like East Germany did?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Kinda like East Germany did?
Also north and south korea. And in the past China had the great wall.

While I'm not fond of killing people-and thus want to focus on removing the jobs available to them, do you really want people coming into the country where their very first action is to break the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or