Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the idea of 2 years mandatory military service for all Americans?
Yes 45 26.16%
No 111 64.53%
Other (explain) 16 9.30%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

If it is mandatory, there should be levels to it.

Those who would go into the military willing to fight, and those who want the training,education, organizational skills and discipline.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Some kind of service, not necessarily military. Neighborhood cleanup, eldercare, tutoring the underprivileged.
Alrighty, there, comrade. Force folks to work for the "state". Uh, no.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Conscription is a very bad idea for America. We already have too many personal in the military. I believe all branches are reducing headcount right now. The only time something like conscription is needed is when there is a major conflict that the all-volunteer force of active duty, inactive reserve, reserve, and national guard can’t handle. And even if we get to that point we have the selective service system that can fill the ranks with draftees.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
How do you have such a warped view of something that is so black and white?
A warped view is someone who has never been in the military, then commenting, nor read all my posts....

Military Compensation: Army Benefits and Pay | goarmy.com

Go read this link, it explains why it is NOT black and white....I also said the "AVERAGE" not all, don't change my words to fit your view. (It's about a paragraph, so you can do it!!)

Also, the original poster of this link (in this thread) agrees with you....and you are arguing with the poster who posted that link....

Quote:
I don't know where you get this idea that military people are making $99k a year or why you're even biting off on that.
I never said that, your reading comprehension has failed and VERY well noted in this thread.

Quote:
It's kind of extraordinary to see such warped and distorted views of something so simple from someone who retired from 21 years of military service.
No, fully understanding what has to be explained when that damn yearly stupid ass statement comes out to a person who has no clue (such as you and many others in this thread) is exactly why I know so much about it (you and many others remind me of those privates who ask, why does it say I made "insert amount" when i did not).

Sorry, but the many people in this thread, such as you, have no clue how the military works.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Neighborhood cleanup, eldercare, tutoring the underprivileged.

that the problem they need discipline, training, education, stand on their two feet, away from their mommy. "mommy i dont want to....." they need the military boot camo, be yelled st. "mommy i dont want to...." sorry you dont have a choice. taught respect. they would be less criime, almost no welfare, more educated youth, either learn it or die.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Sorry, but the many people in this thread, such as you, have no clue how the military works.
I think that you could be included in that group as well.

Especially since you claimed to be in the Army for 21 years and didn't even know about BAH. An impossibility.

BTW, there are some places that you could be stationed at that will never have sufficient on post housing. I was at such twice (for 4+ years total) and with BAH.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I think that you could be included in that group as well.
Not a chance, prove it. However, what you state, puts you directly in the middle of of the group you are talking about. Or you never had to explain that damn yearly statement, which is what I suspect, since you have no clue about it...

Quote:
Especially since you claimed to be in the Army for 21 years and didn't even know about BAH. An impossibility.
Prove it, please quote the post that I said I did not know about BAH. I'll wait..

Quote:
BTW, there are some places that you could be stationed at that will never have sufficient on post housing. I was at such twice (for 4+ years total) and with BAH.
You also received BAH, right, was it because they subsidized you or did they do it because the military put you in a place they did not have housing for you?

So, what's you point? I was stationed in Korea, with family....no on post housing until 2007 (for junior/senior NCOs..... NOT command).

Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Not a chance, prove it. However, what you state, puts you directly in the middle of of the group you are talking about. Or you never had to explain that damn yearly statement, which is what I suspect, since you have no clue about it...

Prove it, please quote the post that I said I did not know about BAH. I'll wait..

You also received BAH, right, was it because they subsidized you or did they do it because the military put you in a place they did not have housing for you?

So, what's you point? I was stationed in Korea, with family....no on post housing until 2007 (for junior/senior NCOs..... NOT command).
You weren't in the Army for 21 years. Sorry. Nope. Not with such misinformed comments.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You weren't in the Army for 21 years. Sorry. Nope. Not with such misinformed comments.

All you have to do is prove me wrong, you cannot.

What you call miss information is your inability to understand the military...

This is why you answered like this.

But, I'll give you another chance, why does the link provided say the "average military" person make $99,000 yearly?
Go ahead, answer the question....

Old 05-28-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
All you have to do is prove me wrong, you cannot.

What you call miss information is your inability to understand the military...

This is why you answered like this.

But, I'll give you another chance, why does the link provided say the "average military" person make $99,000 yearly?
Go ahead, answer the question....
And you can't prove that you are right.

Not with what you post. Not by any stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies