U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:29 AM

2,734 posts, read 2,979,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why apologize for an honest mistake? Get off your high horse.
...probably a Christian, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 02:49 AM

22,376 posts, read 11,496,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because you acted like this was the fault if liberals, let me know when you are done with your baseless attacks and false use of a video about the wrong person.
I'm not the OP. Send me some of whatever ya been smoking.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:45 AM

46,054 posts, read 29,394,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Try reading post #53......

Think we should keep all posters in mind who refuse to see a mistake.

Just make sure you don't make one!
Actually there are two mistakes in this thread, first is the OP thinking there is only one Jennifer Kim that plays the violin in this country, and the second is that this is somehow the fault of the liberals.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'm not the OP. Send me some of whatever ya been smoking.
Sorry, I mistook your post as being from the OP.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,604,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually there are two mistakes in this thread, first is the OP thinking there is only one Jennifer Kim that plays the violin in this country, and the second is that this is somehow the fault of the liberals.
Actually, if one reads Democratic Underground many on the left are saying stupid stuff!

Seems when looking up Jennifer Kim many sites have the wrong one, so I would say the OP isn't alone among many respectable news sites.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:14 AM

10,538 posts, read 4,340,943 times

Jennifer Kim is a versatile violinist who performs throughout the United States and the world. She is a member of the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra/Washington National Opera Orchestra and a substitute for National Symphony Orchestra and New York Philharmonic. In addition to her orchestral career, she has performed chamber music at Weill Hall at Carnegie Hall, Kennedy Center Millennium Stage, Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center and Music Center at Strathmore. She has performed with New World Symphony (Miami, FL), Pacific Music Festival Orchestra (Japan), Verbier Festival Orchestra (Switzerland), and participated in masterclasses at Mozarteum (Austria) and Great Mountains Music Festival (Korea). Also active as a studio musician, she has recorded on sound tracks of major motion pictures Noah, Doubt, Julie/Julia, True Grit, Tower Heist, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Her Broadway show credits include concertmaster appearances at The Little Night Music and First National Tour of The Book of Mormon. She has also collaborated with artists such as Sting, Michael Buble, Peter Gabriel, and DJ Spooky.

https://violinistjennifer.wordpress.com/about/

Old 05-28-2015, 08:29 AM

32,929 posts, read 19,897,081 times
She's obsessed with her tool. Most artists are. Not a big deal, don't care about her tweet. She can say whatever she wanted, it is a free country, isn't it?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:50 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,532,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Jennifer Kim is a violinist who was roundly criticized by the left after she asked for her violin back following the Amtrak train crash in Pennsylvania. How dare she criticize their beloved Amtrak?

Here is the lovely Jennifer in performance. Every note is precise, unlike Amtrak going off the rails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsxG7rbwVDQ

She is a great artist, Amtrak is not so much a great transportation system.
Wow, awesome! I hadn't heard of her before. Going to have to check on iTunes. I'd like to hear her play the Mendelssohn Concerto in E minor, one of my fav's.

Hilary Hahn is another of my favorite violinists.

Hope she got the violin back! Good grief!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,205,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wow, awesome! I hadn't heard of her before. Going to have to check on iTunes. I'd like to hear her play the Mendelssohn Concerto in E minor, one of my fav's.

Hilary Hahn is another of my favorite violinists.

Hope she got the violin back! Good grief!
haha. Hillary Hahn, whom I have seen perform live, is my 2nd all time favorite, barely behind Sarah Chang, my ATF. Sayaka Shoji my #3 ATF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDC3U96Ct3U

Old 05-28-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, if one reads Democratic Underground many on the left are saying stupid stuff!

Seems when looking up Jennifer Kim many sites have the wrong one, so I would say the OP isn't alone among many respectable news sites.
That is true, you can always find stupid things being said with the right wing and the left wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies