Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong, there are plenty of Republican politicians who don't advocate for either. Sen. Jeff Sessions comes to mind and so does Ted Cruz. So our politicians should be all about votes and our citizens be damned? First off, it is only one ethnocentric group that wants those things and they aren't near the greatest turnout voters at the polls.

You can fight illegal immigration on the internet but that isn't the only way. You'd be surprise how many uniformed people there are on the internet that can be reasoned with. Mowing one's own law instead of hiring an illegal alien is a fight for the rule of law and fighting against illegal immigration. There are groups you can join to fight this madness also.
No. But that's how a lot of politicians think/do. How else do you explain why this problem has not been resolved?

[i'm voting 3rd party - to hell with the Rs and the Ds]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What are you talking about? Rush Limbaugh and Dinesh aren't radicals among conservatives. Neither is Coulter. They're pretty staple.

It's not a generalization if that's what they say all the time. Neal Boortz is the biggest culprit.
I said "if" they are radicals. I am sure they are viewed so by liberals though. Why don't you attack their message instead of the messenger? There is a lot of truth in what Coulter says although I don't agree with everything she says. Just what is it that "they" are saying that isn't the truth that they collectively say all the time?

I view Obama as a radical and I think most sane people would. But do I stereotype every Democrat over it? Um, no.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No. But that's how a lot of politicians think/do. How else do you explain why this problem has not been resolved?

[i'm voting 3rd party - to hell with the Rs and the Ds]
It's not been resolved because not enough Americans have demanded that they respect our laws and put the American people first. As I said, if enough Americans did this the problem would be "resolved". However, too many are afraid of the racist label which is ridiculous because it has nothing to do with racism. I am afraid that by the time many Americans wake up and see the magnitude and huge negative it is on our country it will be too late but I will continue to fight till my dying breath anyway. I want a decent future for my grandchildren.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:20 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
I said "if" they are radicals. I am sure they are viewed so by liberals though. Why don't you attack their message instead of the messenger? There is a lot of truth in what Coulter says although I don't agree with everything she says. Just what is it that "they" are saying that isn't the truth that they collectively say all the time?

I view Obama as a radical and I think most sane people would. But do I stereotype every Democrat over it? Um, no.
Coulter like most conservative pundits assert the surface level appearence of crime as being a largely black phenomena while liberals look at the root cause. She like other pundits take studies from their own think tanks and assert them as facts or take reputable studies all out of context to vamp up their arguments.

And what sane person would view Obama as a radical??? Only if you move the political goal post to the far right!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wow, this woman will say anything for a headline to sell a book. But setting aside the ridiculousness of her comparison, she does make some good points. Sobering points.

Jorge Ramos spars with Ann Coulter over her comparison of immigrants to ISIS | Fusion
Sorry--what might those 'good points' be? This woman hasn't made a good point in years and it is difficult to have the word 'good' in a sentence with that evil witch.

Who knew Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Tim McVeigh were immigrants? I don't think that any of those thousands killed on 9/11 were killed by immigrants, either.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Coulter like most conservative pundits assert the surface level appearence of crime as being a largely black phenomena while liberals look at the root cause. She like other pundits take studies from their own think tanks and assert them as facts or take reputable studies all out of context to vamp up their arguments.

And what sane person would view Obama as a radical??? Only if you move the political goal post to the far right!
Where did Coulter say that? What are the stats? I don't know myself.

Any president who would give millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation by EO and without congress' approval (along with work permits) and with 23 million Americans out of work is a radical to me. That's just one example of his radicalness.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:33 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wow, this woman will say anything for a headline to sell a book. But setting aside the ridiculousness of her comparison, she does make some good points. Sobering points.

Jorge Ramos spars with Ann Coulter over her comparison of immigrants to ISIS | Fusion
I am sure she was talking about illegal aliens, but, that won't make a difference to the histrionic.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:

No, conservatives will tell you the root of the problem in black communities......now, liberals like you don't want to hear it ...you rather hear its everybody's fault except you and somehow big government and a big welfare state will solve what you personally and culturally lack. Life is about choices and consequences.

Liberals don't look at the root cause at all, that's too hard and requires judgement and personal responsibility......the liberal's view is to make many groups as a whole as victims of the system and the solution is more big government for political votes.....that's not looking at problems at the root, that's making you blame others for your failures and having you hooked on dependency on the government for life.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:14 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
No, conservatives will tell you the root of the problem in black communities.......
Well since you seem to know the secret, why not share it, what is the root of the problem in black communities? And please offer support for your position rather than anecdotal evidence. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-30-2015, 12:35 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
It's not just some conservatives that like the cheap labor but some Democrats do also. Just what jobs are Americans refusing to do? If a business can't stay afloat without using illegal alien labor then they deserve to go out of business. We have laws you know.
People like Ann Coulter constantly make this accusation that only democrats are happy with illegal immigration and prefer it to continue. It's simply not true. If republicans objected it, we wouldn't have been where we are today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies