Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is only due to our appeal system. If people sentenced to death were allowed just on appeal (which they should be allowed) and the person has committed a heinous crime, the death penalty is the only way to go. I am one who believes it should only be used in special cases but it should be used. As a young adult I didn't beleive in it. Mainly because of the possibility of a mistake and an innocent person ended up being executed. But with DNA and other technology this would be almost impossible to happen today.

Here in AR we just had a young man sentenced to death becasue he was found guilty of rape and the murder of a little 6 year old girl. The judge not only sentenced him to death, but the execution will take place in November. this allows time for one appeal and that is it. AR has it right in my opinion.

I say get him a bunk bed and put him in the same bedroom as a liberal families children. Since they are such lovely angels deserving of life not like they will hurt anyone again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 10:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Although it can be found in both liberals and conservatives... can we stop with the BS and acknowledge that it is a liberal agenda... or do you like BS instead of being honest...
One of the bigger proponents against the death penalty is the Catholic Church. Hardly a liberal organization.

Which got me thinking.

Methodists. Against.

Death Penalty | General Board of Church & Society

National Council on Church's. Against.

NCC Supports Moratorium On Death Penalty

Presbyterian. Against.

Presbyterian 101 — Mission and Ministry — Presbyterian Mission Agency

I could continue.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:01 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
First red state to do so in 40 years.

Way to go Nebraska.

Nebraska outlaws the death penalty - CNNPolitics.com
Nebraska will do anything to get people to stay there

Old 05-28-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There was a case here in Cleveland Ohio some years ago, where the pert shoved the muzzle of his shot gun into his victim's vagina and pulled the trigger. He deserves to die.

When you take someone's life, your life should be taken. As God said, "If a man sheds another man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed."

Regardless of what some god did or didn't say it's freaking common sense that this guy should be eliminated. I've said before that these people are not like us, taking away their freedom does not affect them the same way it would you or I. They sit there in prison doing as they please and as time goes on they are just going to be given more and more rights as the liberal judges become more insane.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What about the guilty murderers kept in prison for decades that continue to offend? That kill or assault other inmates (who also might be innocent) or worse, a guard or other worker at the prison? Don't those lives matter?

Capital punishment is the only means of insuring a zero percent recidivism rate.
There isn't a single instance where someone that has been gave the death penalty has killed someone else in prison. This is because they are singled out and kept for the most part in solitary confinement. There are without question some who who should be segregated from others.

It's a pretty lousy existence. I don't have a problem with that for those who refuse to live any other way.

Quote:
Normal people do have to question exactly why liberals have so much more empathy with and sympathy for convicted killers than they do with their victims. Seems to be a pretty common occurrence. It does make a rational person question their mental state.
No one IMO has the right to take the life of another outside of self defense. That is actually a very conservative position. I do not believe we should cede the right to a government to kill it's citizens.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There isn't a single instance where someone that has been gave the death penalty has killed someone else in prison. This is because they are singled out and kept for the most part in solitary confinement. There are without question some who who should be segregated from others.

It's a pretty lousy existence. I don't have a problem with that for those who refuse to live any other way.

No one IMO has the right to take the life of another outside of self defense. That is actually a very conservative position. I do not believe we should cede the right to a government to kill it's citizens.
The death penalty is a form of self defense for society. And, it is more cost effective than life imprisonment.
It is also more humane than life imprisonment in solitaire. A win win win

Old 05-28-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The death penalty is a form of self defense for society. And, it is more cost effective than life imprisonment.
It is also more humane than life imprisonment in solitaire. A win win win
A person in solitary is no threat to anyone.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:

yes they are because they still have to be moved from time to time and somehow someway they still get contact with the outside

The gang's two aging leaders, Barry "The Baron" Mills and Tyler "The Hulk" Bingham — found guilty of ordering bloody attacks against black inmates from maximum security cellblocks — are now eligible for the death penalty.

Death is the only option for a good number of these worthless pukes.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
They are a threat to the American taxpayers' pocket book.
Not to mention folks that have gotten out of solitary have gone on to murder again.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...ison-director/

There is no concrete reason or purpose to keep a mass murderer/murderer in a cell (solitaire)
for LIFE, paid for by its citizens.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Normal people do have to question exactly why liberals have so much more empathy with and sympathy for convicted killers than they do with their victims. Seems to be a pretty common occurrence. It does make a rational person question their mental state.
Lol...wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies