Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:31 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,014,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Muslims are mad because Gods seed was with Isaac not Ishmail thus creating the one true son of God and the one true religion of Christianity ...what is in the Bible is just copied by the Koran to appease the shepherd less infidels.
You mean Paganism? Because after all that's all that Christianity is...idolatry through multiple Gods that they call one God. They adopted the pagan rituals and holidays of Rome, accepted their customs as their own, made up Saints to appease pagans in to converting. Jesus (May Allah (swt) have peace on him) wouldn't know the Christianity of today *at all*.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:33 AM

23,425 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
in Phoenix outside an Islamic community center.

Muhammad cartoon contest planned for Phoenix anti-Islam rally - ABC15 Arizona

I don't think this will have a good ending.

PHOENIX - An anti-Islam rally in Phoenix on Friday will feature a Muhammad cartoon-drawing contest.
The scheduled location is outside the Islamic Community Center in north Phoenix.
The gathering comes less than a month after a similar event in Texas sparked gunfire that left two men, both from Phoenix, dead.
The organizer said he had to do “something” because he does not want Islam spreading in the U.S.
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Why not?

the law doesn't endorse physical violence in retaliation for offensive words or art.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,987,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
You mean Paganism? Because after all that's all that Christianity is...idolatry through multiple Gods that they call one God. They adopted the pagan rituals and holidays of Rome, accepted their customs as their own, made up Saints to appease pagans in to converting. Jesus (May Allah (swt) have peace on him) wouldn't know the Christianity of today *at all*.
Christianity is older than Islam Sherlock...Jesus was a teacher of love and faith Mohamed was a thief and a murderer...ironic that Christ died for all of our sins between a thief and a murderer.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM

39,034 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So why do they need to hold this event in front of an Islamic Community Center, how would Christians feel if the same group held an event in front of a church with derogatory cartoons of Jesus.

This is not in response to the recent attack, just a bunch of rednecks on bikes. There are terrorists in this country, what a shocking revelation.

Poking fun at religions solves nothing and just divides.
1. You would have the same reaction if these bikers hold this event in the local flea market. Do you deny that?

2. Divides?

The vast majority of Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism. (at least this is what I read)

I am pretty sure the peaceful Muslims would have no problems with this event.

3. As an artist myself, I am pretty happy that these bikers are doing something for my fellow artists.

4. The term Haji is not necessarily negative to a Muslim. I read it somewhere that to a Muslims, it means... "One who has performed Haj "pilgrimage" to Mecca." But when a deployed Marine called an enemy Haji, it all of sudden becomes a derogatory term. (which is understandable)

In all fairness, I will never draw an offensive cartoon if somebody found it offensive. I see no point of doing it. But let's not have a cultural revolution here in the United States as the red China did 40 something years ago.

5. This is not a black and white topic. Every argument given for the implementation of a strict media censorship can as easily be used in a point against it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-29-2015 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,560,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Inciting a riot is against the law. This exercise in bigotry and hatred is striking a blow for freedom? I think not.
Drawing a cartoon makes you guilty of inciting a riot? Only if people are predisposed to violence as a result of a cartoon.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,014,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Christianity is older than Islam Sherlock...Jesus was a teacher of love and faith Mohamed was a thief and a murderer...ironic that Christ died for all of our sins between a thief and a murderer.
Hmm given that being a "Muslim" only means to submit to the Will of God, I would say the act of submittance to the Will of God has been around for quite some time for the human race..starting with Adam.

Perhaps you can fill me in on how the philosophical and theological underpinnings of the Christian God(s) work? Let's start there...if the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are all omnipotent and all-powerful, what happens if one goes against the other? You'll most likely tell me that, "Well they all just act in concert, the NT says so!"...fine but if they are all powerful what is keeping them from not acting in concert? And how do we have more than one all powerful being in the first place? How can we ever have more than one all powerful being, as by the very definition of an all powerful being...there can only be *ONE*.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,288,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I wonder if your opinion is clouded because these people are "bikers". What if they were nuns?
If they were nuns instead of bikers holding the cartoon contest I'd feel the same way. In fact, nuns should know better and if they were holding the contest that would demote them in my eyes, that they'd be taunting others from a different faith.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:50 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,764,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
LOL! No they did not. Christianity tied their major celebrations (birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ) to those pagan holidays so that they could convert people. It worked. Look, I know that you think that Jesus was just a prophet like that guy Muhammed was supposed to be, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus was the Son of Allah and sent to redeem the sins of mankind. Peace, brother. As alaam alaikum.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:53 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,308,290 times
Bikers dealing in the meth trade has ruined more lives in the US than Muslims ever have.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:55 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,764,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Bikers dealing in the meth trade has ruined more lives in the US than Muslims ever have.
Prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies