Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,418,663 times

Advertisements

What a friggin joke. He ran his election on the pretense of Hopey Changey, that never took place. Was going to bring all people together, jobs for everyone. Did not believe in war, unless absolutely necessary.

Gone a tell me nope, I have tapes of him from 2008 -2011 then got tired of hearing the lies.

The lies are never ending. He has brought more division to the people then any other President. Jobs for all, do not make me laugh. Our stance in the world, is not viewed like we once were.

He is not trustworthy in the least. And a bully who does not get his way. Changes laws to suit his own agenda. He is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 04:07 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,105,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Most presidents don't come close to living up to expectations. They all tell you what you want to hear to get elected. Why would this be news to anyone.
So why would one vote to re-elect such a person?

Old 05-31-2015, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What a friggin joke. He ran his election on the pretense of Hopey Changey, that never took place. Was going to bring all people together, jobs for everyone. Did not believe in war, unless absolutely necessary.

Gone a tell me nope, I have tapes of him from 2008 -2011 then got tired of hearing the lies.

The lies are never ending. He has brought more division to the people then any other President. Jobs for all, do not make me laugh. Our stance in the world, is not viewed like we once were.

He is not trustworthy in the least. And a bully who does not get his way. Changes laws to suit his own agenda. He is different.
All of this may be true but he did nothing (or very little) that McCain wouldn't have done. (which is why I voted for neither)

Old 05-31-2015, 04:44 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,350,825 times
Default Who cares?

That's HIS problem.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:51 AM

29,477 posts, read 16,474,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Somebody besides myself noticed that the results in Obama's Presidency are the opposite of what he said he wanted:

1) Reduce economic inequality - nope the worst income equality ever since he's had the reigns
2) Lower disparity between black and white income and wealth - nope, never been higher
3) Close Gitmo - nope
4) Stop the drones - Nope increased them
5) Make Wall Street pay - Nope he gave trillions borrowed from the Chinese to enrich the rich Wall Street fat cats.
1. While number one was a goal, you seem to be arguing that the growth in the gap is his fault, please explain how

2. Refer to #1

3. President Obama tried to close GITMO, congress said no. You cant blame him for that one.

4. This was never a goal of President Obama, he has been pro drone from the beginning and has never been apologetic about it. You are just dead wrong on this one.

5. TARP happened under Bush, not Obama.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
6) ending the wars
7) Addressing the exportation of jobs

All things which absolutely gave people a reason to vote for Obama over McCain. That he just didn't do these things but did the opposite (in most cases, like Gitmo, he just ignored it) was why I can't understand anyone voting for him the second time.
Maybe because Like Gitmo, its just a lack of knowledge on your part seeing as one of his first actions as President was moving to close GITMO and congress stopped him.

if you want to argue that he didnt try hard enough, thats fine, but to say he ignored it all together is either ignorance or a lie. Neither is an adequate defense for being wrong in a political forum when you are specifically arguing a case.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. While number one was a goal, you seem to be arguing that the growth in the gap is his fault, please explain how
How many times does it need explained?

Quote:
2. Refer to #1
See above. I've explained it many times.

Quote:
3. President Obama tried to close GITMO, congress said no. You cant blame him for that one.
Congress didn't say no. This has been covered many times also.

President Obama can shut Guantanamo whenever he wants to.

Note, not a right wing site.

Quote:
4. This was never a goal of President Obama, he has been pro drone from the beginning and has never been apologetic about it. You are just dead wrong on this one.
MSNBC Finally Reports Obama's Drone Hypocrisy, Three Weeks After the Election

Quote:
5. TARP happened under Bush, not Obama.
Candidate Obama rushed back to D.C. to help salvage the bail outs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/us...anted=all&_r=0

He then continued these same sort of programs as president. We lost somewhere around 10 billion on GM.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Maybe because Like Gitmo, its just a lack of knowledge on your part seeing as one of his first actions as President was moving to close GITMO and congress stopped him.

if you want to argue that he didnt try hard enough, thats fine, but to say he ignored it all together is either ignorance or a lie. Neither is an adequate defense for being wrong in a political forum when you are specifically arguing a case.
See my link above. When Obama traded for Bergdahl the argument was that the prisoners would be released anyway as he was ending the war in Iraq which would require the release of the prisoners.

Neither has happened. (only one way he could have closed it)

Old 05-31-2015, 05:15 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,449,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Obama HOPE ?? More like the Great NOPE.

It is amazing to look back and remember how most of the country and the world were behind him. Heck he even got the Nobel Peace Prize. They should take that back.

We were promised the most transparent administration ever and all we got were scandal after scandals and lies.

Bush had his short comings but compared to Obama.... America deserves better.
Killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people is a shortcoming?

Old 05-31-2015, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many times does it need explained?
apparently until you understand how wrong you are.

Quote:
See above. I've explained it many times.
Go ahead and explain it then.

Quote:
Congress didn't say no. This has been covered many times also.

President Obama can shut Guantanamo whenever he wants to.

Note, not a right wing site.
this is arguing a distinction without a difference and its intellectually dishonest on your part.

Congress has the power to close GITMO, not the President. They simply gave him the power to release inmates at his discretion giving him pseudo power to close it. They then put restrictions on those releases, saying he couldnt transfer them to other US prisons, and that if he did release them, it had to be to certain countries.

I dont care how much you hate president Obama, arguing like you are now is just dishonest.

Your article isnt arguing that Barack was anti drone, it argues that he was against killing american with drones in the context of government oversight, thats 2 totally different subjects. red your links before you post them.

Quote:
Candidate Obama rushed back to D.C. to help salvage the bail outs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/us...anted=all&_r=0

He then continued these same sort of programs as president. We lost somewhere around 10 billion on GM.
So he worked on a hill that was already in place, where to you negate my point ????

im going to work, ill reply when i get off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies