Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:07 AM

13,421 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Given that you hold the record for # of posts about her Smores,

You probably don't realize that between the two two topics on this, you hold the record for the # of posts about Michelle Obama's Smores. No doubt that creating positive spin for Michelle Obama is of great importance to you, but that proves that reality isn't exactly your forte.

i.e. It's S'mores son, S'mores.
Ooh I hold the record! Yay! That's friggin awesome. Thank you!

Old 05-31-2015, 08:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Michelle Obama declares war on S'mores!

So predictable.

1. The First Lady makes a statement in favor of children's health, based on well-proven medical science.

2. The rabid right responds with "war" statements and insulting, low-brow comments about her.

3. Rational individuals point out their disconnection with reality.

4. This elicits only more Pavlovian growling and barking.

The right's mentality.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
2. The rabid right responds with "war" statements...
Ahem, I am best described as being on the left. However, I am not a leftist.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:43 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
So predictable.
1. The First Lady makes a statement in favor of children's health, based on well-proven medical science.
2. The rabid right responds with "war" statements and insulting, low-brow comments about her.
3. Rational individuals point out their disconnection with reality.
4. This elicits only more Pavlovian growling and barking.
The right's mentality.
It is very predictable.
  1. Do you honestly think that a yogurt/strawberry/graham cracker sandwich renamed a S'more, is going to do anything for children's health? It's an absolute waste of a position where she could actually make a difference.
  2. The only low brow "war" statements are coming from falsely outraged Obama apologists.
  3. Rational individuals don't keep posting about something they claim is unimportant and irrelevant.
  4. Even Pavlov's dogs would rather eat a real S'more instead of Obama's concoction.
Now here's one for you.

Stop fighting the false left/right war. You are so completely caught up in it, that it's causing you to draw battle lines over S'mores recipe.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM

Default Gosh... You're angry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It is very predictable.

1. Do you honestly think that a yogurt/strawberry/graham cracker sandwich renamed a S'more, is going to do anything for children's health? It's an absolute waste of a position where she could actually make a difference.
  2. The only low brow "war" statements are coming from falsely outraged Obama apologists.
  3. Rational individuals don't keep posting about something they claim is unimportant and irrelevant. The rest of us are amused at the antics of the White House.
  4. Even Pavlov's dogs would rather eat a real S'more instead of Obama's concoction.Now here's one for you. Stop fighting the false left/right war. You are so completely caught up in it, that it's causing you to draw battle lines over S'mores recipe.

Probably not the first time you've been wrong.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Probably not the first time you've been wrong.
Wrong about what? If you think I've mis-characterized you as an Obama apologist, well..... you can always prove that.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldokitty View Post
wrong about what?

1 - 4

Old 05-31-2015, 09:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
the other people arent fans of her "amazing work" and her latest yogurt cracker sandwich promotion is just more annoyance
But you probably wouldn't have even known or heard about Strawberry S'mores if not for this thread (or the other one in Current Events). After all, I doubt you check a .gov website for food tips, right?

I don't either. I also would never heard of them but for these hilarious threads!

So, actually, it is this thread that is annoying you, not a Strawberry S'more recipe.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Quote:
It is very predictable.

3. Rational individuals don't keep posting about something they claim is unimportant and irrelevant. The rest of us are amused at the antics of the White House.
  4. Even Pavlov's dogs would rather eat a real S'more instead of Obama's concoction.Now here's one for you. Stop fighting the false left/right war. You are so completely caught up in it, that it's causing you to draw battle lines over S'mores recipe.
1) She tweeted a recipe. Big deal. No one is suggesting we "rename a S'More. This new variation is called the Strawberry S,More. My family makes peanut butter and chocolate S'Mores. A variation is just that...a variation of a recipe.
2) The "low brow 'war'" was started on FOX, not by any so-called Obama apologists. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...er-smores.html
3) This whole thread is filled with people who like to tune up the 'other side' of the politician aisle with non-sense.
4) Pavlov's dog's would not eat a "real S,More" more than once. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. And, you are the pot calling the kettle black. The war against everything Mrs. Obama does regarding healthier eating education is a battle line for people like you.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
1) No one is suggesting we "rename a S'More. This new variation is called the Strawberry S,More. My family makes peanut butter and chocolate S'Mores. A variation is just that...a variation of a recipe.
2) The "low brow 'war'" was started on FOX, not by any so-called Obama apologists.
3) This whole thread is filled with people who like to tune up the 'other side' of the politician aisle with non-sense.
4) Pavlov's dog's would not eat a "real S,More" more than once. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. And, you are the pot calling the kettle black. The war against everything Mrs. Obama does regarding healthier eating education is a battle line for people like you.
  1. Don't have to suggest it. That is what was done.
  2. I don't watch Fox news or any cable news. Waste of time. I suggest you do the same since you apparently admit that you are fighting a low brow war started by cable "news".
  3. The nonsense is promoting an impractical snack on the USDA site, as something "healthy". Especially when they also post an article for the real thing.
  4. Pots calling kettle's "Black". LOL! That might create more false outrage for those you wish to promote. In regards to chocolate, Dear Heart it's a man made food. The dog only knows that it tastes good. I'm guessing that you have never heard of Pavlov's experiment based on this.
I'll ask you the question that keeps getting ignored. Do you honestly think a yogurt/strawberry/graham cracker sandwich promoted by the First Lady is going to make one iota's difference for the waste line of children in America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies