Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:21 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Lets look at this more carefully. Conservatives offer something that Social Liberals can not. A chance to bring people out of Gov. Co Dependency. Sharpton, Flagger, Obama, Clinton, Eric Holder and Jesse Jackson are willing to take your money an speak in the ghetto, while they retire to the 4 Diamond Full Service Hotel in the good part of town.

Conservatism is the vehicle of Gov. in check in accordance with the Constitution. Reviewing trade agreements that work against American Industry.

There is National Organizations like Project 21 and the National Black Republican Asn.

Actually Illegal Immigration affects Black Americans in stealing jobs and lowering wages. African Americans should be enraged that they sit home while a Mexican steels a job without a Visa or Permit to stay in this country.

When African American refuse to victims, but the master of their own destiny, they look towards Conservatism.

Oh yes, the proverbial conservative argument. Voting conservative will help black folks learn how to work hard and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. And voting Democrat breeds a culture of dependency. Yah right!

You mention “conservatives checking trade agreements”. What world are you living in? Elizabeth Warren is the one fighting for American workers and opposing the TPP deal. Many Democrats along with almost all Neo-Cons are supporting the TPP! Conservatives aren’t protecting American workers, they’re assisting large multi-national corps. screw American workers over. Conservatives are in bed with big business and they’re doing their best to make sure making money for a few within the global economy takes precedence over US law…

As to your statement that “African Americans should be enraged that they sit home while a Mexican steels a job without a Visa or Permit”, there’s so much wrong with your opinion I almost don’t know where to start. Almost! For starters, I’m not sitting at home while undocumented workers take my spot in the workforce. To be a little more clear, I don’t, and never will compete with undocumented workers in my profession. My competition consist of college graduates and skilled professionals only. Also, illegal immigrants aren’t taking jobs only from black folks, they’re taking jobs from whites at the same or even at a higher rate. If your profession consists of providing unskilled labor you need to seek training and education or you’ll be pushed out by anything. An unskilled undocumented worker, a machine, or even a computer can displace you. That’s not a good place to be in regardless of your color…

Back to voting conservative. Not only should blacks not vote conservative at the national or state levels, but we should try are damn hardest to ensure conservatives aren’t in a position of power over policy whatsoever. We’ve seen conservatives time in again attempt to dismantle the progress we’ve worked so hard to achieve. Look at what conservatives on the bench like Antonin Scalia & Clarence Thomas have done. Look how your speaker of the House made it his priority to make the first black president a one term president. Look at how a conservative congress used partisan gridlock at the expense of the American people. You are misguided believing blacks should vote along with conservatives. Our [most blacks] interest aren’t the same as those on the right…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 02:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Oh yes, the proverbial conservative argument. Voting conservative will help black folks learn how to work hard and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps. And voting Democrat breeds a culture of dependency. Yah right!

You mention “conservatives checking trade agreements”. What world are you living in? Elizabeth Warren is the one fighting for American workers and opposing the TPP deal. Many Democrats along with almost all Neo-Cons are supporting the TPP! Conservatives aren’t protecting American workers, they’re assisting large multi-national corps. screw American workers over. Conservatives are in bed with big business and they’re doing their best to make sure making money for a few within the global economy takes precedence over US law…
Conservatives weren't for bailouts. Conservatives are for stopping the flow of illegals which takes jobs from Americans and lowers wages. Conservatives are for the free market. But the truth isn't your agenda. Falsely testifying is.

Quote:
As to your statement that “African Americans should be enraged that they sit home while a Mexican steels a job without a Visa or Permit”, there’s so much wrong with your opinion I almost don’t know where to start. Almost! For starters, I’m not sitting at home while undocumented workers take my spot in the workforce. To be a little more clear, I don’t, and never will compete with undocumented workers in my profession. My competition consist of college graduates and skilled professionals only. Also, illegal immigrants aren’t taking jobs only from black folks, they’re taking jobs from whites at the same or even at a higher rate. If your profession consists of providing unskilled labor you need to seek training and education or you’ll be pushed out by anything. An unskilled undocumented worker, a machine, or even a computer can displace you. That’s not a good place to be in regardless of your color…
It's not about you princess. After reading your posts I doubt much of what you've said above is true anyway.
Illegals are not taking jobs from whites at the same or higher rate than blacks. Not even close. The facts say otherwise. Your comment is absurd.

Anti-immigration activists demanded a stop to immigration reform during the D.C. March for Jobs Monday, saying the bill could take jobs away from black people.

"If passed, the proposed immigration bill will be costly for all Americans, but will harm black American workers more than any other group," the letter reads. "Mass immigration and amnesty puts African-Americans from all walks of life out of work and suppresses wages, causing them to compete with aliens willing to work in poorer working conditions for cheaper pay."

African-American Group: Immigration Reform Would Take Jobs From Black People - US News
Quote:
Back to voting conservative. Not only should blacks not vote conservative at the national or state levels, but we should try are damn hardest to ensure conservatives aren’t in a position of power over policy whatsoever. We’ve seen conservatives time in again attempt to dismantle the progress we’ve worked so hard to achieve. Look at what conservatives on the bench like Antonin Scalia & Clarence Thomas have done. Look how your speaker of the House made it his priority to make the first black president a one term president. Look at how a conservative congress used partisan gridlock at the expense of the American people. You are misguided believing blacks should vote along with conservatives. Our [most blacks] interest aren’t the same as those on the right…
Look how your speaker of the House made it his priority to make the first black president a one term president. lmao. Nothing to do with race everything to do with a D behind his name. Falsely playing the race card because you don't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 05-31-2015 at 02:21 AM..

Old 05-31-2015, 03:47 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:

This same thing was being said about Obama in 2008. How did that work out? Big business has thrived under Obama. Despite the middle and lower classes still trying to tread water the markets are at record levels. Is this an argument to vote for "Conservatives" (though I have no clue who these people are supposed to be)? No, it's an argument that if people continue to back either party despite them dumping on you constantly nothing is ever going to change.

Quote:
Right, but indeed they are taking jobs from those the government is also dumping on. The lower classes. Is that a good place to be in? Like you said, no, but you also don't need those you voted for working against you.

Quote:
You said nothing here. Nothing. What have they done? I say that not to defend anything you might be able to come up with but rather you don't point anything out because for the vast majority of things you could come up with it can be shown that whoever we are deciding are the opposite of "conservatives" also are for it.

Obama has been a failure, why shouldn't he have been a one term president?

Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
there is no defense with those kids that the white threatened.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Conservatives weren't for bailouts. Conservatives are for stopping the flow of illegals which takes jobs from Americans and lowers wages. Conservatives are for the free market. But the truth isn't your agenda. Falsely testifying is.
Who are these imaginary conservatives that weren't for the bailouts?

Quote:
It's not about you princess. After reading your posts I doubt much of what you've said above is true anyway.
Illegals are not taking jobs from whites at the same or higher rate than blacks. Not even close. The facts say otherwise. Your comment is absurd.

Anti-immigration activists demanded a stop to immigration reform during the D.C. March for Jobs Monday, saying the bill could take jobs away from black people.

"If passed, the proposed immigration bill will be costly for all Americans, but will harm black American workers more than any other group," the letter reads. "Mass immigration and amnesty puts African-Americans from all walks of life out of work and suppresses wages, causing them to compete with aliens willing to work in poorer working conditions for cheaper pay."

African-American Group: Immigration Reform Would Take Jobs From Black People - US News
So they are doing just what it;s claimed they aren't doing?

Quote:
lmao. Nothing to do with race everything to do with a D behind his name. Falsely playing the race card because you don't have a leg to stand on.
I don't see where you do either. Who are these imaginary conservatives for all of this?

Old 05-31-2015, 06:27 AM

Court throws out the charges.

Video of pregnant woman's arrest stokes debate over police demands for ID - LA Times

If you watch the full video the officer clearly states "I do not see where a crime has been committed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REjKtVOZ_R0

Old 05-31-2015, 08:02 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is hardly the entire problem and I don't think you really understand the problem. First, blacks don't support illegal immigration. They have spoke out against it. Then, when are "conservatives" going to join with them on an out of control authoritarian police force?

>>>> "Conservatives, but mostly libertarians and others have been speaking out about an out of control authoritarian police force( and government). Blacks have been a little late to the game and are still mostly only focused on how it affects them thinking its only focused on them alone. The rest of us are looking at it how it affects all of us. That's not politically correct but certainly true.

She wasn't wrong. See, you condemn her as wrong when she did nothing wrong. You don't seem to understand that even criminals have rights and those rights are there for a reason. It's odd to me how many say we need to go back to what the founders envisioned but they gave rights to everyone, not just a few.

Is it possible that she had a warrant and didn't want to give her name? Sure but it is her 5th amendment right to not incriminate herself. Her rights are being violated by the officer demanding that she give her name when he has no reason or right to demand it.

If they had a reason to arrest her, they need to inform her of that reason but with no reason to arrest her she is not required to give her name.
>>> Idiots must have a smell or something that attracts them to each other. I see an idiot cop and an idiot woman. The situation could easily have been avoided with a more professional cop and a woman less irrational and flighty. The other video was almost worthless.
I think the officer( IMO) did have the right to ask her name and get ID if she was being detained for questioning regarding the prior incident. And the way she acted put her behavior in question possibly giving the other womans claims validity. But if the officer didn't follow correct procedure, bad on him. If she gets a settlement out of the mistreatment, good on her. Maybe she had an expired drivers license or no car insurance or had a warrant. But if the cop had no right to stop her, it doesn't matter.

I am noticing an interesting conflict among those on the left. They seem to be very reluctant to be anti authoritarian but are also quick to jump at racism for the source of any conflict.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>> Idiots must have a smell or something that attracts them to each other. I see an idiot cop and an idiot woman. The situation could easily have been avoided with a more professional cop and a woman less irrational and flighty. The other video was almost worthless.
I don't disagree that both acted poorly but only one acted poorly with the government backing them with a gun.

Quote:
I think the officer( IMO) did have the right to ask her name and get ID if she was being detained for questioning regarding the prior incident.
If she was being detained for a crime. She was not.

Quote:
And the way she acted put her behavior in question possibly giving the other womans claims validity. But if the officer didn't follow correct procedure, bad on him. If she gets a settlement out of the mistreatment, good on her. Maybe she had an expired drivers license or no car insurance or had a warrant. But if the cop had no right to stop her, it doesn't matter.

I am noticing an interesting conflict among those on the left. They seem to be very reluctant to be anti authoritarian but are also quick to jump at racism for the source of any conflict.
I agree. Many want a police state but then get upset when they get what they ask for. (IMO)

Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:

Your comments should be preserved for posterity they are so spot on.

Well said!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:10 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
You mention, “Conservatives weren't [are not] for bailouts. Conservatives are for stopping the flow of illegals which takes jobs from Americans and lowers wages.”, that’s funny because I haven’t seen what you’re suggesting in the action or policies of Republican elected officials. I somehow remember our last Republican president saying, “our entire economy is in danger," and urging Congress to approve his administration's $700 billion bailout proposal. Before you start arguing that Bush wasn’t a conservative, you need to remember, the mass majority of conservatives voted for this man. So that argument can’t hold water!

As for your statement about conservative opposition to illegal immigration, where should I start. I know, how about when the conservative demigod Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to illegal aliens. Or how about when the conservative politicians in bed with big business had turned a blind eye to low cost labor due to special interest. Since at least the 80s we have all understood the effects of illegal immigration conservative and liberal alike. Conservatives have held power during this time for decades but the problem hasn’t been fixed. Why is this? Oh, I know, because conservatives only play lip service towards an opposition to illegal immigration. For years Republican business donors have been pulling the strings of conservative elected officials, all at the same time as your elected officials have been leading conservative voter along using lip service..

Quote:

As for jobs, I understand it’s not all about me. I just used a personal experience to shatter a biased preconceived notion. Do you get it? I remember when the mass majority of dry-wallers, brick-layers, house framers, painters, roofers, carpet layers, and plumbers were White. Do you? But somehow in your opinion illegals aren’t taking as many jobs from Whites as they are from Blacks. Let that soak in for a minute! Industries and professions where Whites made up the majority of laborers no longer have a White majority workforce! Even though blacks also work in these fields, we have never made up the majority of the workforce. You [not you in particular] were knocked off the top after competing and then losing to an influx of Mexican labor competition. Personally, I’m against illegal immigration, but I’m not going to fight your battle for you. And a battle that you are obviously losing…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies