Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
1. I'm not unhappy with his presidency.

2. I've learned that it was not just the Clintons the Republican Party was obsessed with, they go insane with any Democratic president. The Republican Party (the party of fiscal responsibility spent endless millions going after the Clintons for seven years, only to find a stained dress.

3. The Republican Party would rather hurt the country in the hopes of winning than support the country with a Democratic president. They decided to oppose every single thing Obama proposed on the night of his election, no matter how small or insignificant.

4. I never knew how racist this country was. I wasn't old enough to see the Civil Rights marches of the 60s. To see the signs of Obama as an African tribesman with a bone in his nose, to see the GOP postcard of watermelons growing on the White House lawn, to see the jokes and insults over the past seven years has been a revelation. As a white, I had no idea what other parts of the country were like.

5. Obama is a reserved man. If he had been loud and bombastic, he would have been called the angry black man. since he's not, he's been called weak. OBL was killed under his watch. Bush was wrong about a war and never got OBL. Yet the GOP wants to claim the mantel as being tough on terrorism. From what I can see, the GOP is not tough, they are just wrong and would rather shoot first and ask questions later. The GOP loves to talk about Benghazi where four Americans died, blissfully ignoring how many died in Iraq.

6. Laura Bush supported childhood reading and Democrats considered it benign. Michelle Obama supports healthy eating and is called unbelievable names. A garden is controversial? Vegetables?

7. Obama was born in Hawaii, his birth certificate shows Hawaii, a birth announcement in 1961 in the newspaper supported it, etc. He had to show every conceivable documentation to prove where he was born. But watch how the GOP defends Ted Cruz and John McCain. Where will Orly Taitz and Donald Trump stand? Did anyone ever expect Donald Trump to be the way he is now?

8. One of the issues I voted for Obama on was his willingness to try to address health care coverage. It has been the electric fence of politics. So he couldn't get the original plan passed and went with what was a GOP plan. The GOP attacked him for that too yet he just keeps trying. I do not benefit from Obamacare but I think it's important for there to be something like it in existence. I appreciate his steadfastness in trying to address such a difficult challenge when the best Bush could do was war in Iraq, Katrina and completely unfunded Medicare Part D.

9. I'm embarrassed for the way this country has behaved these past seven years. I think the GOP will try to make nice eventually. I think they will call for a "new civility" if/when a Republican is elected president. They certainly don't want their president to be treated as horrifically as they have treated Obama. They certainly don't want even minor nominations to be frozen. They certainly don't want to be remembered for the way they are perceived now. But I won't forget what's happened and I hope others remember it too.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
So you are telling me that you expected Solyndra, Benghazi, ISIS, IRS targeting conservatives, raising taxes on everyone, Obamacare, no indictment of the Financial sector for the housing bust, race riots, SuperPacs, etc etc during his term? Wow... and you are satisfied... equally wow...
Blacks voted for the black guy (even though he's as white as he is black). Policy, other than gimme my obama phone, didn't matter to this voting block. Still doesn't. They excuse him because they think he's one of them (he's not them at all - just puts on the dialect when it suits him). He's done more to hurt black people than any president in the last 100+ years but they don't believe that 'cause, you know, obama down fo' the struggle.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Voted for him twice, would not change a thing. Obama has done as well as could be expected given the unmitigated disaster he inherited, and the nation-damaging opposition he has faced from Republicans in Congress. I am satisfied with his record for the most part.

Barring a 180 ideological switch, I would NEVER EVER vote Republican.
I agree. Basically I think Obama supporters were more satisfied overall with his performance than Bush supporters were with his performance.

Bush voters thought they were electing a responsible conservative adult, but ended up with someone who spent like a drunken sailor, started an unnecessary war and left the economy in tatters.

I would also recommend that the OP get a dictionary in order to better understand the definition of words.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Blacks voted for the black guy (even though he's as white as he is black). Policy, other than gimme my obama phone, didn't matter to this voting block. Still doesn't. They excuse him because they think he's one of them (he's not them at all - just puts on the dialect when it suits him). He's done more to hurt black people than any president in the last 100+ years but they don't believe that 'cause, you know, obama down fo' the struggle.
Thank you for proving my point exactly:

"The Tea Party Victory Fund, a super PAC, released a misleading ad recently implying that President Barack Obama was passing out free phones to gain votes...There is a national program that provides low-income people with free or discounted phones, but it was started under George W. Bush, Obama's Republican predecessor."

The Myth of the 'Obama Phone' - ABC News

Old 05-31-2015, 12:57 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Still, when he was elected, I personally hoped for the best for his presidency and the well-being of the country. I never fell into the trap, but many of my peers did.
No you didn't.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:59 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
I admit I was a lacky in 2008 and voted for Obama. In fact I had been voting for Democrats for some time. I don't make that mistake anymore.

I've now seen the light and don't get mixed up in the false war of democrat vs republican, right vs left, red vs blue, etc etc. For the most part there is very little difference between the two parties and it doesn't matter which one gets elected. Nothing ever changes.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You should make this the last 16 years. You think Obama has taken more bad talk then Bush? Not by a landslide.

The Media has covered for Obama. Two years from now the trash talking will continue by Liberals if a Conservative is elected.
I think Obama has been extremely disrespected and far more than Bush.

Bush never had to put with a personally disrespectful metastasizing blob of negativity called the Tea Party. Bush never had to put up with treasonous idiots with confederate flags screeching in front of the WH that he should go back to a country from which he did not come. Bush never had to put up with being accused of not loving America or be harassed about religion (despite his overbearing talk of Jesus).

Bush never had to put up with immature jerks in Congress who call themselves 'mavericks' but are basically plain old boring obstructionists who stamp their feet when they do not get their own way. Bush raised the debt ceiling constantly without having all the dems in Congress threatening to shut down the government (and doing it).

Bush's wife never had to put up with the absolutely disgusting garbage thrown at Michelle Obama by people who are basically classless racists, though will protest to high heavens they are not.

The right wing extremists during the Obama admin have set a new very low bar regarding respect, class and dignity deserved by the Commander in Chief. These disrespectful clowns should not expect that if a republican is elected, he/she or his/her spouse would now command any more respect than they have given the current First Family.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
The lies o'baggers tell themselves...

Old 05-31-2015, 01:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think Obama has been extremely disrespected and far more than Bush.

Bush never had to put with a personally disrespectful metastasizing blob of negativity called the Tea Party. Bush never had to put up with treasonous idiots with confederate flags screeching in front of the WH that he should go back to a country from which he did not come. Bush never had to put up with being accused of not loving America or be harassed about religion (despite his overbearing talk of Jesus).

Bush never had to put up with immature jerks in Congress who call themselves 'mavericks' but are basically plain old boring obstructionists who stamp their feet when they do not get their own way. Bush raised the debt ceiling constantly without having all the dems in Congress threatening to shut down the government (and doing it).

Bush's wife never had to put up with the absolutely disgusting garbage thrown at Michelle Obama by people who are basically classless racists, though will protest to high heavens they are not.

The right wing extremists during the Obama admin have set a new very low bar regarding respect, class and dignity deserved by the Commander in Chief. These disrespectful clowns should not expect that if a republican is elected, he/she or his/her spouse would now command any more respect than they have given the current First Family.
Can't rep you again but totally agree. And consider the way Bush was elected. His brother Jeb was the governor of Florida and Florida went to the Supreme Court to stop a vote recount. The Supreme Court made a ruling where in the ruling they said, their ruling should never be used as precedent in the future. Just unbelievable from beginning to end. And still, Bush was treated much better, even after all of that. Jon Stewart hosted a show after it was over saying if that didn't bring the country to war, nothing would. He was amazed.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:19 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

4. I never knew how racist this country was. I wasn't old enough to see the Civil Rights marches of the 60s. To see the signs of Obama as an African tribesman with a bone in his nose, to see the GOP postcard of watermelons growing on the White House lawn, to see the jokes and insults over the past seven years has been a revelation. As a white, I had no idea what other parts of the country were like.
Do you really think deeply rooted issues like racism can be erased in a short generation or two? Look how long other ethnicity have been hating on one another. We've come a long way. Just look at our president.

The problem with most Americans is we believe problems can be wiped out within the time frame of an elected official. Worse yet, people seem to think it should be the government's job to fix everything, when they have such an extensive history of making problems worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies