Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Be honest....you aren't inclined at this point to answer my question .
I'm not arguing with you, no. There is a preponderance of evidence against you. I need not continue to illustrate it. I lived most my life there, I think I'm pretty well okay where I stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 11:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Three big multinationals own school lunches. They have a monopoly on what your kids are eating.

Aramark, Compass Group, and Sodexo are the companies.

Only the delusional can call ground beef mixed with pink slime filler "nutritional".
And yes, the pink slime has made a comeback.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:41 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL at the predictor for school behavior. Food is NOT a predictor of school behavior. How you are brought up the first 5 years of your life by your parents is a predictor of behavior.
You are really going to have to open your mind here...

Maybe there are multiple (GASP!) predictors of school behavior?

Of course nutrition is a predictor of school behavior. At the extremes, a kid receiving not nutrition at all would fall asleep. A kid fed 100% sugar would be bouncing off the walls.

You're a teacher. Don't take my word for it. Peruse some of the scholarly research being done: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...0%2C7&as_vis=1

It's nutrition, not climate change, so feel free to believe the scientists.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You are really going to have to open your mind here...

Maybe there are multiple (GASP!) predictors of school behavior?

Of course nutrition is a predictor of school behavior. At the extremes, a kid receiving not nutrition at all would fall asleep. A kid fed 100% sugar would be bouncing off the walls.

You're a teacher. Don't take my word for it. Peruse some of the scholarly research being done: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...0%2C7&as_vis=1

It's nutrition, not climate change, so feel free to believe the scientists.
No, at the extreme a kid coming late to school and missing breakfast would ask in first period if they can go to the cafeteria to get a late breakfast. That's what they do and I let them go and bring their bag of food back to the classroom to eat.

You cannot stop a kid from bringing sugary food to school. You have parents dropping off bags of fast food along with the big gulp sodas.

This IS what I see in schools.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Talk to the WV school system. Not sure why you are so mad at everyone when it is a state policy.
I am talking to all the idiots who vote in the clowns who make these asinine policies.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:56 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am talking to all the idiots who vote in the clowns who make these asinine policies.
Maybe check the West Virginia forum?

As stated clearly throughout, this is an issue for the WVDoE, not the Feds or Obama's.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Maybe check the West Virginia forum?

As stated clearly throughout, this is an issue for the WVDoE, not the Feds or Obama's.
The thread is in this forum, therefore, I address any fool who votes for tool sheds who enact or support these insipid policies, IN this forum.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:06 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well they weren't 'leftists' as you are clamoring.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:08 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"Hey, let us refuse to let you plan your own family, but don't expect us to pay for any of their health problems!
So you want government controlled robots? Why do you think government, which has killed more people than non government people in the history of the world, to tell us how to live?

BTW, that's just another reason to get government out of health care.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Well they weren't 'leftists' as you are clamoring.
You can cease with the insults. I'm not "clamoring". You can't "clamor" on a fricken forum, ffs.

The fact of the matter is, this policy IS an extremist leftist policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies