Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 06:25 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Republican Party isn't Reagan's party anymore. Reagan couldn't win a Republican nomination for dogcatcher nowadays if he was using his record as the president for a resume.

The Republican Party isn't going to embrace the LBGT community anymore than it'll embrace the Muslim community or the African American community....which is to say no embrace at all.

They're allergic to those groups. Postulating anything else is wishful thinking.
Well you forgot that Reagan as Governor of California in the 1960's was a DEMOCRAT! As for Conservatives embracing the LGBT community? I think they would rather Burn in Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I didn't read this whole thread, but I think most of us, Republicans, would say we support gay equal rights under the law, including marriage, and the Republican party leaders need to catch up with the voters.

As to "embracing" a "community", gays are just regular people and part of my neighborhood and community already. Designating gays as a special community is pretty ridiculous and not something I support.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
It's time for conservatives to officially embrace the LBGT community
They are already embracing it. Just look at Hastert and Larry Greg. Many Republicans have experimented with homosexuality.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:08 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I tolerate them.
That is not enough for the bullying homosexual bigots. They demand FULL ACCEPTANCE of their deviant and perverted lifestyle.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well you forgot that Reagan as Governor of California in the 1960's was a DEMOCRAT! As for Conservatives embracing the LGBT community? I think they would rather Burn in Hell.
I think what you mean is he was a Democrat before he ran for office. He was a Republican when he ran and was elected Governor.

As for supporting gays and their rights, I think the majority of us do support gay rights, just like any other rights. Those who absolutely do not are in the minority. Even the majority of candidates running for office may not personally be in favor of gay rights, but they would do nothing to stop the laws from changing. Remember, what many of you are forgetting, our president did not support gay marriage when he was elected.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
I'll tolerate, they have every right to the same rights straight have, but no, I'm not goig to embrace anything I dislike.
Absolutely

Old 06-04-2015, 11:22 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think what you mean is he was a Democrat before he ran for office. He was a Republican when he ran and was elected Governor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2DeQtVyJM

Old 06-04-2015, 11:24 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Republican Party isn't Reagan's party anymore. Reagan couldn't win a Republican nomination for dogcatcher nowadays if he was using his record as the president for a resume.

The Republican Party isn't going to embrace the LBGT community anymore than it'll embrace the Muslim community or the African American community....which is to say no embrace at all.

They're allergic to those groups. Postulating anything else is wishful thinking.
Is that why you are a democrat.. to be embraced .. lol...

Democrats insult black people.. I remember Clinton saying , a while ago Obama would be getting me coffee.. now that is insulting.. he actually thinks his actions brought black people to equality.. they always were equal , they just didn't know it because the democrats keep bringing up the color of their skin . Republicans knew it all along and blacks too can achieve anything they want.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,530 times
As a black, retired LAPD officer, I have been conservative most of my life as was my family and, usually vote republican as the lesser of two evils. Many of us are conservative and see what the democrat party has done to us. Sadly, many are ignorant and have been kept on the plantation by clever dem propaganda.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:35 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
That is not enough for the bullying homosexual bigots. They demand FULL ACCEPTANCE of their deviant and perverted lifestyle.
So to you, the biggest difference between gays and straights, who practice oral and anal sex, is that straights don't demand FULL ACCEPTANCE of their deviant and perverted lifestyle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies