Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 10:02 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Sure, I'll go toe-to-toe.

If you are the type of person that gets silly or forgets things when you ingest cannabis, then by all means don't use it. It certainly isn't for everyone. But at the same time don't think that there are not those of us that, when using the right strain (very important), focus better, maintain complete control, and don't crack up laughing causing us to forget what we were doing. I have written literally hundreds of thousands of lines of computer code while using cannabis. It made the normal drudgery of computer programming actually fun, which in turn allowed me to concentrate for longer periods than I normally could have without taking a break.

I never once said it was "good" for you, and I never once said that is the reason it is getting legalized.

But I do want to drive home the point that in addition to its medical uses, there are those of us that can use it as a tool that can enhance certain aspects of life or certain tasks. There are also millions upon millions that can use it recreationally, sometimes as a complete substitute for alcohol, without it causing problems in their lives, and certainly without all the problems alcohol creates.

Of course the cartels don't want it legal. But you are wrong when it comes to the tax side of the equation. If that is what the government really wanted, it would have been legalized and taxed decades ago.

The main driving force behind it being SO illegal for SO long with such DRASTIC consequences is big pharmaceutical companies, big alcohol companies, big tobacco companies, and in the last decade or so, for profit prisons. All of these industries are lining the pockets quite handsomely of every politician they can, and in return they get the draconian laws that punish people harshly for even researching the plant. This money goes directly to the politicians, making the tax revenues that doesn't go directly in their pockets look paltry.

This is happening because all of these industries know that they will take a big hit in their bottom line if it is legalized.

But now that the majority of the public has caught up to the fact that it doesn't cause Reefer Madness after all, those same politicians know if they don't change their stance on it they will eventually get voted out of office. That is not acceptable, so they will have to start refusing all that under the table money. The poor blokes will just have to settle for the tax revenue.

That is the reason it is getting legalized. What comes along with that are numerous other benefits, like all the money saved by stopping the war on it, all the lives that will remain intact instead of being torn apart by draconian laws and asset forfeitures, and millions being able to live their lives with freedom.

These very nice fringe benefits will come once the war on drugs is officially ended.
You don't know your full potential as a code writer and you will never know that potential as long as you continue to use the 'tool'. You gave something else control over your abilities. That's fine if it works for you, but that doesn't work for others.
Quote:
The poor blokes will just have to settle for the tax revenue.
We agree on the cartels that's obvious. However, I don't believe I am wrong on the tax side of it. (it was an extensive conversation held back in the 70's - 80's and we didn't need a computer to think for us)

Big Pharma, will make money off of it. So there goes that, in its medical uses. People who drink alcohol will always drink alcohol (CEO drunk as a skunk, running companies using their, tool) and smokers will always smoke their cigarettes (nicotine, the upper and downer all in one puff) illegal/legal marijuana does nothing to their profits.

Who profits from the legal use of marijuana? Only one organization can do that and that is the U.S. Government, in the form of taxing it. First through Big Pharma, then next, through the stores and the war on drugs, just got more interesting as the cartels are going to be a wee bit upset.

No, I don't forget. This argument was settled long before the age of the computer. What we see here is the future, playing out just as we thought it would, days past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I see.

Where are all the problems caused by that? There has been 1000's of tons smoked EVERY YEAR for the last 50+ years by millions. Shouldn't that be showing up by now, especially if the problems are accelerated by 20 years???

Give me a break.

I though maybe you had a head that was screwed on straight, but I am beginning to see now that you are just another prohibitionist that drank the cool-aide and rejects any evidence that doesn't support your position.

Did I nail it, or do I have you all wrong?
I was a partier. We knew we were crystallizing our lungs. We didn't care, we were get 'en stoned man.

Edit: https://youtu.be/-WCFUGCOLLU

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-18-2015 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: adding EDIT

Old 06-18-2015, 10:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The cartels don't want marijuana legal, because they don't want to have their merchandise taxed by the feds.
Are you talking about the cartels with badges?

Quote:
We talked about it while getting stoned, and passing the joint, then some one says, 'what were we talking about?' Some one else says, I don't know ... then every one cracks up laughing.
So, what's wrong with people laughing? Laughing is a very healthy thing.

Quote:
Don't tell me the reason to legalize marijuana is because it is 'good' for you. Sorry --- try again.
No, the real reason is that government (control freaks) has no right to tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:38 AM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
I was a partier. We knew we were crystallizing our lungs. We didn't care, we were get 'en stoned man.

Edit: https://youtu.be/-WCFUGCOLLU
Well, rather than try to educate you, which would be an utter exercise in futility, I will simply say you are wrong, clueless, and EXTREMELY brainwashed.

There is not one case of documented lung damage from cannabis use. Not one. So that's right, do what all prohibitionists do -- ignore the evidence and cite a "study".

In this case the evidence you are ignoring is over 50,000 tons of cannabis and at least 50,000,000 lungs that came through it unscathed.

Last edited by Vistaian; 06-18-2015 at 12:04 PM..

Old 06-18-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Are you talking about the cartels with badges?

So, what's wrong with people laughing? Laughing is a very healthy thing.

No, the real reason is that government (control freaks) has no right to tell me what I can eat, drink or smoke.
I'm talking about the mafia. Of course you knew that.

Nothing wrong with people laughing. It is a healthy thing. I use to laugh allot, then I sobered up and went woe, what just happened?

The Government wants you to smoke the marijuana, that is the only way they can make the tax money off of you.

People can not be this stupid, can you?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Well, rather than try to educate you, which would be an utter exercise in futility, I will simply say you are wrong, clueless, and EXTREMELY brainwashed.

There is not one case of documented lung damage from cannabis use. Not one. So that's right, do what all prohibitionists do -- ignore the evidence and cite a "study".

In this case the evidence you are ignoring is over 50,000 tons of cannabis.
Every body has an angle. Well, kick back, hide and watch. Oh and by the way, what do you think that reefer is really doing for you? Brainwashed much?

Everything we talked about in the late 70's to 80's is going on today and your going sit there and tell me, my eyes deceive me. Wow. Alrighty then.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
You don't know your full potential as a code writer and you will never know that potential as long as you continue to use the 'tool'.
I stopped using it for 3 years in the middle of that 44 years. It was without a doubt the least productive 3 years of my life. Who are you to make such a ridiculous statement anyway?

Quote:

Big Pharma, will make money off of it. So there goes that, in its medical uses.

They make billions upon billions now selling pills that will be replaced by people growing their own natural plant. They cannot stop people from growing it.

They will LOSE money, big time. Your logic is failing you.

Quote:
People who drink alcohol will always drink alcohol.

You won't want to hear this, but because I discovered cannabis at just the right time I saved myself from a lifetime of being an alcoholic. In fact, it has been rampant in my family since at least the 19th century. Both of my parents were alcoholics. I was able to beat it.

Basically everything you are saying is simply, flat-out, wrong.

Sorry.

Last edited by Vistaian; 06-18-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Every body has an angle. Well, kick back, hide and watch. Oh and by the way, what do you think that reefer is really doing for you? Brainwashed much?

Everything we talked about in the late 70's to 80's is going on today and your going sit there and tell me, my eyes deceive me. Wow. Alrighty then.
Yes, I am. You are quite myopic. Most readers of this thread will agree.

You are certainly not seeing me for who I am, because I don't fit your brainwashed, stereotyped mold. I am sure you are going through life conveniently ignoring everything and everyone concerning this subject that doesn't fit your narrow-minded mold.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I stopped using it for 3 years in the middle of that 44 years. It was without a doubt the least productive 3 years of my life.

They make billions upon billions now selling pills that will be replaced by people growing their own natural plant. They cannot stop people from growing it.

They will LOSE money, big time. Your logic is failing you.

You won't want to hear this, but I saved myself from a lifetime of being an alcoholic. In fact, it has been rampant in my family since at least the 19th century. Both of my parents were alcoholics. I was able to beat it.

Basically everything you are saying is simply, flat-out, wrong.

Sorry.
You knew what I meant when I said it. Picking it apart does nothing for you or the outcome of what is to be.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:

That's great that you tried the marijuana herb and didn't like it-alot better than people that rail against it without ever experiencing it.

But if you think Government should have the power to kidnap, imprison, torture and even kill fellow citizens because they partake in an herb you don't use-uhhhh-it would seem you have several screws lose and maybe shouldn't be the person speaking with authority on this subject.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 06-18-2015 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies