Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 04:09 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That definition of conservative is no longer true. Between conservatives and liberals, who is more likely to support the war on drugs? or sodomy laws? or dress codes? In what way do these types of things support the definition of conservative that you gave?
Do not mistake Conservatives with RINOs. There IS a difference.

I don't care what people do to themselves, I just wish everyone would st*u about what they do to themselves. I don't care, and I don't want to hear it. You want us to "mind our own business" when you tell us what you did and we say, "Wow, that wasn't bright", but you won't stop telling us what you do. Shut. Up. Just do it and shut up.

I do not support the war on drugs.

I don't care what people do in their bedrooms, (as long as it's not an under age, or an animal).

I have always been against dress codes.

I have been a Conservative for a very, very long time.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:28 PM

900 posts, read 373,029 times
Yes, I grew up in Texas and I come from a conservative family in a conservative town where everyone went to church on Sunday and there was a moral patrol on the behavior of mainly young people in schools, today in Tyler is totally different, people still go to church on Sunday, but much less than before, there is no moral control over young people, and the environment today and very liberal, for a city that has been conservative.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,170,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Social issues set the tone and morality of our nation. I don't want to be an "anything goes" nation. It appears that we have gotten away from Christian principles and headed down the road of Soddem and Gamorah.
It's spelled Sodom and Gomorrah. That is a story - not real. Kind of like the Easter bunny.

Not very many want an "anything goes" nation (although our definitions probable differ). But, not sure where you are getting that??? Anyway, you're statement reminds me of this quote:

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

Old 06-05-2015, 07:11 AM

62,680 posts, read 28,868,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
It's spelled Sodom and Gomorrah. That is a story - not real. Kind of like the Easter bunny.

Not very many want an "anything goes" nation (although our definitions probable differ). But, not sure where you are getting that??? Anyway, you're statement reminds me of this quote:

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999
Sorry, I didn't know you were the spelling police in here. Whether the story is real or not the point is that a society that has an anything goes mentality will end up in chaos. I feel our nation is headed in that direction with the new liberal progressive mindset that is permeating our nation.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:47 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,026,619 times
The American public's opinion will sway whatever way the popular media at the time sways them to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies