Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,403,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same things the same way and expecting different results.
Like Black people going to Black churches and listening to Black ministers?

psik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:24 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,137,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The bold is serious trolling dude. I answered your question long ago and now you are playing semantics to claim I didnt answer it when in reality, regardless of if I meant "all" or "most" the question of if they worked together had still been answered.
Not at all. The statements are sweeping and closed in my opinion.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,590,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The real problem is thinking you need to rely on a political party to "save" you.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:48 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,587,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You fail yourself. Political parties aren't failing anyone as an individual and hasn't failed any black person determined to make it in America and live the dream.

I'm a black liberal Democrat and I've managed just fine. If I were a failure, it wouldn't have a damn thing to do with my political persuasion. Tens of millions of Americans are successful registered Democrats.

This pastor should tell the real truth, but he can't afford to:

The Black Church and the Christian faith have failed the black community miserably, and they should abandon BOTH as soon as possible.

That's the real truth. But he won't tell them that.
Preach brotha! The difference in political parties is quite simple. The GOP favors a Corporate elite and who is usually at the top? What party says they are for "freedom" yet vote against Abortion, Gay & Civil Rights?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:00 PM

29,462 posts, read 16,420,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Not at all. The statements are sweeping and closed in my opinion.
regardless of if you believe that or not, your question was still answered earlier on.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,281,301 times
Quote:
So this Black Pastor is right on the money. It is positively surreal that the majority of the impoverished black community does not collectively agree with the observations and loudly press the questions that this pastor offers in the article below:
The definition of insanity is doing the same things the same way and expecting different results. Can we all agree that this describes what the political mindset has been in this community now for at least 40 years?

As it stands right now, I challenge anyone to tell me what the Democrats are even proposing to do to that could even possibly result in the sort of radically positive change that is needed here. They are not even proposing to do anything that is substantial or potentially transformational about this situation. Rather, they are all about defending the status quo - keeping things the same - which they do routinely on these issues with great passion.

I would love to see Republicans make more of an effort to reach out to this community. However, we all know why they don't. It is because the people in this community are completely unreceptive and often times even hostile to the sort of pro-education (real learning and skills development, not just sitting in a failed school), self empowerment message that Republicans would bring.

But truth be told, the black people who have made it out of the ghetto and into the middle class have very largely made it out by following this very path.
The dude is a charlatan or not very bright.

The lack of any historical perspective is astonishing. So I'd like this pastor to point to a time when fewer black people were in poverty.

When there were more black millionaires, more black people in positions of power. When there were more black college graduates.

Please show me this glorious time period.

If this reverend is going to engage in this fantasy bs about the Democratic Party being responsible for the last 50 years bring out some freaking stats about black people to back up his idiotic claims.

He can't because his narrative is nonsense.

50 years ago was 1965, there isn't a sane black person that would trade 1965 for 2015.

Dude sounds like an idiot. This is who conservatives got shilling for them.

Look, if republicans want to appeal to black Americans telling us we were better off in 1965 ain't the way to do it. SMH

Old 06-04-2015, 09:18 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,137,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
regardless of if you believe that or not, your question was still answered earlier on.
Oh I believe it for the 1st day groups, of which you were/are a part. Not for the others though, generally speaking. Doctrine itself wouldn't allow for much of that.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,728,768 times
Quote:
So this Black Pastor is right on the money. It is positively surreal that the majority of the impoverished black community does not collectively agree with the observations and loudly press the questions that this pastor offers in the article below:
The definition of insanity is doing the same things the same way and expecting different results. Can we all agree that this describes what the political mindset has been in this community now for at least 40 years?

As it stands right now, I challenge anyone to tell me what the Democrats are even proposing to do to that could even possibly result in the sort of radically positive change that is needed here. They are not even proposing to do anything that is substantial or potentially transformational about this situation. Rather, they are all about defending the status quo - keeping things the same - which they do routinely on these issues with great passion.

I would love to see Republicans make more of an effort to reach out to this community. However, we all know why they don't. It is because the people in this community are completely unreceptive and often times even hostile to the sort of pro-education (real learning and skills development, not just sitting in a failed school), self empowerment message that Republicans would bring.
Come on... Republicans have no solutions for blacks that will bring "radically positive change" or fix "failed schools" (a euphemism for failed students) to the point that blacks, as a group, will have the equal outcomes this pastor is looking for. These problems are intractable and far beyond the scope of politics. The best that can be done is to provide opportunities for talented people to rise to their potential.

Quote:
But truth be told, the black people who have made it out of the ghetto and
into the middle class have very largely made it out by following this very
path.
Actually, much of the black middle class is built on government employment and affirmative action. Do you want to see Republicans try to out compete Democrats in promoting that?

Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,425,043 times
I want to give a local perspective on this. This has been a theme in Chicago politics for a very long time, black people vote 99% Democrat and they get nothing in return. I wouldn't give an overly national perspective on this, or give the usual "handout" arguments because local politicians don't have any control over those types of economic policies.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:32 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,824,583 times
This is just silly. Because clearly the alternative to having democrats in charge is black people being slaves again.

I am going to guess there are less black millionaires per capita than whites, Asians, etc. and the blacks that are millionaires-I don't think it's because of democrat leadership, maybe it's bc of their personal ambition - which neither democrat or republican leadership will provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The dude is a charlatan or not very bright.

The lack of any historical perspective is astonishing. So I'd like this pastor to point to a time when fewer black people were in poverty.

When there were more black millionaires, more black people in positions of power. When there were more black college graduates.

Please show me this glorious time period.

If this reverend is going to engage in this fantasy bs about the Democratic Party being responsible for the last 50 years bring out some freaking stats about black people to back up his idiotic claims.

He can't because his narrative is nonsense.

50 years ago was 1965, there isn't a sane black person that would trade 1965 for 2015.

Dude sounds like an idiot. This is who conservatives got shilling for them.

Look, if republicans want to appeal to black Americans telling us we were better off in 1965 ain't the way to do it. SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies