Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 04:40 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,675,716 times

Advertisements

Interesting commentary from Lee Doren. Not really a fan of his, but he explained it clearly.
https://youtu.be/5qEQdivdsNY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 09:30 AM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Interesting commentary from Lee Doren. Not really a fan of his, but he explained it clearly.
https://youtu.be/5qEQdivdsNY
How many times did many of us here on city-data try to warn liberals about Obamacare?

And it's STILL unpopular:
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Old 06-07-2015, 09:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How many times did many of us here on city-data try to warn liberals about Obamacare?

And it's STILL unpopular:
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Don't know how many times, but the warnings are pretty much meaningless.

Healthcare premiums have gone up every year since the 70s. Blame the health insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:45 AM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Don't know how many times, but the warnings are pretty much meaningless.

Healthcare premiums have gone up every year since the 70s. Blame the health insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry.
Premiums going up? Yes. How many Obamacare cheerleaders knew Obamacare recipients would be on the hook for $6,000-$12,000 worth of annual deductibles?

The carpenter I've had out doing routine maintenance work on my house has an Obamacare plan. He was previously uninsured and thought Obamacare would be great. He's about as liberal as they come. He went and had his covered physical exam, but then got socked with $1,600 worth of ordered blood test and chest x-ray co-pays because his Obamacare plan has a 50% co-pay for lab tests and x-rays. He thought that would all be covered as part of his annual physical exam. It's not. He found that out the hard way. He is LIVID! And I don't blame him.

Obamacare was sold to the idiot Grubers as "affordable health care" and it's anything BUT that.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:57 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Premiums going up? Yes. How many Obamacare cheerleaders knew Obamacare recipients would be on the hook for $6,000-$12,000 worth of annual deductibles?

The carpenter I've had out doing routine maintenance work on my house has an Obamacare plan. He was previously uninsured and thought Obamacare would be great. He's about as liberal as they come. He went and had his covered physical exam, but then got socked with $1,600 worth of ordered blood test and chest x-ray co-pays because his Obamacare plan has a 50% co-pay for lab tests and x-rays. He thought that would all be covered as part of his annual physical exam. It's not. He found that out the hard way. He is LIVID! And I don't blame him.

Obamacare was sold to the idiot Grubers as "affordable health care" and it's anything BUT that.
I laughed when I read about the carpenter.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
The reason the premiums are going up are a bit different though. I don't recall many people stating the amount of people using doctors and medicine caused the increase. Because there are too many getting in, it's taxing the insurance companies. Just another reason in favor of nationalized single-payer healthcare (the only true con I see is health insurance sales agents and actuaries being out of the job.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
In December of last year, my medicine deductible was ZERO...now for that same medicine it is over $6.....

Old 06-07-2015, 10:05 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
It's actually not funny. Countless people who bought into all this were hoodwinked into believing they were getting value for their money, only to learn it was a means to fleece them. People who don't have the money to lose.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I laughed when I read about the carpenter.
I laugh at anyone who buys Obama-care insurance and complains.
If people didn't buy it - it would have failed and there would be nothing the gov. could do about it.
When they willing write the check for something that they know is harmful to them and then complain. They willing participated in harming themselves.
What difference does it make if insurance company's bankrupt you or the gov. bankrupts you. The result is the same.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Insurance CEO's are very content with the ACA. What a sweetheart deal they got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies