Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you sleep with a gun under your pillow? Or is it locked up like it should be.
I can access my firearm in about 5 seconds. Why should my gun be locked up? I don't have kids. Locking up a self defense firearm is counter productive. My point to you was that that pipe won't work against armed intruders with ill intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 11:20 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Punching someone in the throat is pretty difficult as you need to be very close to them and as soon as your eyes divert to my crotch () I know the kick is coming. The eyes is one of the things you would learn about with good training becsue they will give you away every time, this can also be used as an advantage where you can try and telegraph something different that what you are going to do.
So if they aren't that close to me what is the problem. If they have a gun and I have a gun then I guess it's a showdown. But seriously, if you know the kick is coming so what. You are still going down

Old 06-06-2015, 11:22 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
So if they aren't that close to me what is the problem. If they have a gun and I have a gun then I guess it's a showdown. But seriously, if you know the kick is coming so what. You are still going down
No, if you telegraph the kick, I am not going down.... I am blocking it and YOU are going down...

Old 06-06-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I can access my firearm in about 5 seconds. Why should my gun be locked up? I don't have kids. Locking up a self defense firearm is counter productive. My point to you was that that pipe won't work against armed intruders with ill intent.
Guns should be locked up for your own protection since they could be used against you. And unless intruders break in with guns a blazing then I'm good to go with my lead pipe.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, if you telegraph the kick, I am not going down.... I am blocking it and YOU are going down...
Or backing up.

Natalie...I think you're underestimating how quickly a man will react when he realizes his huevos are in danger .

[hurt huevos = ]

Quote:
Guns should be locked up for your own protection since they could be used against you. And unless intruders break in with guns a blazing then I'm good to go with my lead pipe.
They could find your lead pipe and use it against you too... Better lock it up. Same premise.

Quote:
Both having a gun is not necessarily a showdown. You have the tactical advantage. If you hear someone enter your home, you can take cover and wait for them to make themselves seen. Then light them up before they even see you.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh please you would have no idea The shin would do fine too. lol

Old 06-06-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Oh please you would have no idea The shin would do fine too. lol
Don't bet on it... You would lose....

Old 06-06-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
So your saying that no one should have a gun for self defense. You can't use it if it's locked up. Home invaders don't have a death wish. They are almost always armed. They don't need my gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies