Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:53 PM

42,714 posts, read 25,874,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Can you bold that section for me?

Your new response is even more ridiculous since all americans already are covered by ACA, they just dont have insurance as a result, something I said for YEARS would be the result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts:

"The law previously required states to expand coverage to everyone making less than 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) or lose federal funding to Medicaid. However, that provision was changed during a supreme court ruling on ObamaCare.

States can now opt-out of Medicaid Expansion, leaving millions of poor working families in the “Medicaid coverage gap” between those who qualify for Medicaid (as low as 50% FPL in some states) and those who qualify for marketplace subsides (between 100% – 400% FPL)."

ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion

That provision would have meant that every US citizen would have access to healthcare -either through the marketplace, or through medicaid.
there you go darlin'. I initially assumed that anyone reading this would have understood that by everyone I was referring to US citizens but as often is the case when someone tries to launch an argument based on opinion rather than fact they end up having to resort to the dissection of their opponents points word by word...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 09:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,824,713 times
Quote:
there you go darlin'. I initially assumed that anyone reading this would have understood that by everyone I was referring to US citizens but as often is the case when someone tries to launch an argument based on opinion rather than fact they end up having to resort to the dissection of their opponents points word by word...
FAIL.. thats posting 181 AFTER you made the ridiculous argument that everyone would have insurance had medicaid been expanded on posting 170. I'm sorry, but where I grew up they taught us how to count.

btw, you were still wrong becaues everyone STILL has access through the marketplace. You keep moving the goalpost, eventually you'll come to the correct conclusion which is not expanding Medicaid had little effect. In fact per the CBO, if I recall, (and I admit I'm just taking this number by memory), the numbers affected are about 1 million, or about 3%..

the other 97% of the current uninsured STILL wouldnt have insurance..

Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
FAIL.. thats posting 181 AFTER you made the ridiculous argument that everyone would have insurance had medicaid been expanded on posting 170. I'm sorry, but where I grew up they taught us how to count.

btw, you were still wrong becaues everyone STILL has access through the marketplace. You keep moving the goalpost, eventually you'll come to the correct conclusion which is not expanding Medicaid had little effect. In fact per the CBO, if I recall, (and I admit I'm just taking this number by memory), the numbers affected are about 1 million, or about 3%..

the other 97% of the current uninsured STILL wouldnt have insurance..
no they do not have access to the marketplace unless they earn at least $11,670 a year.

https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-cos...r-lower-costs/

Old 06-10-2015, 10:18 PM

324 posts, read 413,896 times
Quote:
The math still doesnt work, the total is 1/20th of the cost over a decade. What grade did you finish?

Are you really this clueless or are you just bored and like to argue on the internet. I used to think you were microcosm of the right wing portion of the public. But now...Im really finding it difficult to take you serious. I simply refuse to believe someone can actually believe some of the crap you post. I usually blame FNC for these kind of weird posts, but you are far and beyond that. Its like you're just making stuff up as you go and are looking at us like fools because we're dumb enough to respond.......I really dont know.

ETA" I used your math as a starting point, and after looking at it again your numbers are off, which made mines off. Phreakin contagious...lol..

Last edited by bigman123; 06-10-2015 at 10:39 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
no they do not have access to the marketplace unless they earn at least $11,670 a year.

https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-cos...r-lower-costs/
Oh once again you embarass yourself.

They dont have "access" to the marketplace because they for the most part, ALREADY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID which means your excuse once again that the numbers are high because Medicaid isnt expanded is BULL CRAP.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman123 View Post
Are you really this clueless or are you just bored and like to argue on the internet. I used to think you were microcosm of the right wing portion of the public. But now...Im really finding it difficult to take you serious. I simply refuse to believe someone can actually believe some of the crap you post. I usually blame FNC for these kind of weird posts, but you are far and beyond that. Its like you're just making stuff up as you go and are looking at us like fools because we're dumb enough to respond.......I really dont know.

ETA" I used your math as a starting point, and after looking at it again your numbers are off, which made mines off. Phreakin contagious...lol..
5% of the tab is 1/20th of the total. My 10 year old knows that, but you dont

Old 06-10-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Oh once again you embarass yourself.

They dont have "access" to the marketplace because they for the most part, ALREADY QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID which means your excuse once again that the numbers are high because Medicaid isnt expanded is BULL CRAP.
you know better than to say that. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this link, it lists the number of people in each state who would qualify for expanded medicaid if the states had opted into it.

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid

Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
you know better than to say that. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this link, it lists the number of people in each state who would qualify for expanded medicaid if the states had opted into it.

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid
Your own link confirms EXACTLY what I said, (although I admit my number was off, but I also admitted I wasnt positive on the number when I posted it).

Nationally, nearly four million poor uninsured adults fall into the “coverage gap” that results from state decisions not to expand Medicaid, meaning their income is above current Medicaid eligibility but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits. These individuals would have been newly-eligible for Medicaid had their state chosen to expand coverage.

Thats about 31 million SHORT of insuring everyone, which you claimed would happen if Medicaid was expanded.

Stop wasting my time..

Old 06-10-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Your own link confirms EXACTLY what I said, (although I admit my number was off, but I also admitted I wasnt positive on the number when I posted it).

Nationally, nearly four million poor uninsured adults fall into the “coverage gap” that results from state decisions not to expand Medicaid, meaning their income is above current Medicaid eligibility but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits. These individuals would have been newly-eligible for Medicaid had their state chosen to expand coverage.

Thats about 31 million SHORT of insuring everyone, which you claimed would happen if Medicaid was expanded.

Stop wasting my time..
no, I said eligible, don't try to twist my words. The remaining are undocumented and people who opt not to sign up, that's been stated how many times now? ...so how about you follow your own advise and quit wasting my time.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
no, I said eligible, don't try to twist my words.
What started all of this was the following LIE...
Quote:
However the Supreme Court, not the administration decided that states did not have to expand medicaid, if not for that everyone would be insured, so cry me a river...
You were wrong.. Period..
Quote:
The remaining are undocumented
Counted separately.. FAIL
Quote:
and people who opt not to sign up,
DING DING DING.. We FINALLY have a winner.. You finally said something correct.

So even if Medicaid was expanded, we'd STILL have people who opt not to sign up, and thus the claim that ACA is failing because states havent expanded Medicaid, is a LIE..
Quote:
that's been stated how many times now? ...so how about you follow your own advise and quit wasting my time.
Before or after you moved the goalpost from ACA failing because Medicaid wasnt expanded to now, what I said for YEARS which is people CHOOSE not to sign up

Progress.. We'll move you liberals to starting to post facts and stop lying to cover up failure, one posting at a time..

Good night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies