Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 12:12 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
You seem to have quite the pattern of dishonesty since no liberals are banning anyone from college campuses while Tea Party Christians at Bob Jones and Liberty universities are. You've run out of logical and non-fictional defenses for your fascists buddies so you spout nonsense, nothing out of the ordinary for the Tea Party playbook when one has nothing constructive to say.
Not so fast:

UC Berkeley overturns vote to disinvite Bill Maher - CNN.com

The progressive ideas behind the lack of free speech on campus - The Washington Post

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/14..._r=1&referrer=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I don't recall Jerry making a point of his career collapsing so I don't know that I'm proving his "point". His web show's quality is irrelevant but Teabaggers are pretending he's as popular as he was in the 90's as he is now and it's pathetic and frankly very odd. I imagine you think Rush Limbaugh's popularity goes on. Ah well, you're as in touch with youth culture as he is, scanning articles online looking for something to be angry about without actually blaming any life shortcomings on yourself. You can at least be glad Jerry is taking on conservative traits!
You disagreeing with his view about colleges being too sensitive on opposing views is what his point was. You're saying young people are to blame for his decline which isn't really true.

But continue moving the goalposts. The more you post, the more sensitive you get about his point. I'll be eating my popcorn watching you prove his point.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:45 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
You disagreeing with his view about colleges being too sensitive on opposing views is what his point was. You're saying young people are to blame for his decline which isn't really true.

But continue moving the goalposts. The more you post, the more sensitive you get about his point. I'll be eating my popcorn watching you prove his point.
No you're lying and misrepresenting my views as you Teabaggers are wont to do. I disagreed with him being delusional and thinking college kids are too PC now. You change the argument and lie about what i said since it's the only way you can defend your nonsense. I imagine your next post will maintain I had a seance with Hitler.

Why did you destroy your own point with your own post? The Berkeley board overruling a small group of protesting students says that even America's most liberal college will host someone who even had a show called Politically Incorrect. Conservatives don't even acknowledge their role in banning speech when John ******** was covering statues that had nipples with fig leaves like some Ayatollah dictator. No Teabagger has yet to name a conservative being banned from speaking in the same way Bush threatened Howard Stern's radio company with bankrupting fines if he broke their undefined rules.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
You seem to have quite the pattern of dishonesty since no liberals are banning anyone from college campuses while Tea Party Christians at Bob Jones and Liberty universities are. You've run out of logical and non-fictional defenses for your fascists buddies so you spout nonsense, nothing out of the ordinary for the Tea Party playbook when one has nothing constructive to say.
Do I expect the same sort of things out of a private religious college as I do a public one?

No. That has nothing to do with supporting what they do or don't do.

I wouldn't expect the same out of a private secular college either.

People choose them for their narrowly tailored viewpoints.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
No you're lying and misrepresenting my views as you Teabaggers are wont to do. I disagreed with him being delusional and thinking college kids are too PC now. You change the argument and lie about what i said since it's the only way you can defend your nonsense. I imagine your next post will maintain I had a seance with Hitler.
Yawn. Disagree with him all you want. He isn't the only one that you should be upset about. Regarding your last sentence, I'm not sure where you get these assumptions. Gave me a chuckle though.

Quote:
Why did you destroy your own point with your own post? The Berkeley board overruling a small group of protesting students says that even America's most liberal college will host someone who even had a show called Politically Incorrect. Conservatives don't even acknowledge their role in banning speech when John ******** was covering statues that had nipples with fig leaves like some Ayatollah dictator. No Teabagger has yet to name a conservative being banned from speaking in the same way Bush threatened Howard Stern's radio company with bankrupting fines if he broke their undefined rules.
Doesn't disprove the point that there are still "liberals" who think they're all open-minded until someone disagrees with them especially in a public university.

I, nor anyone has ever said that the right gets a pass for not being tolerant. However I expect better from people who call themselves "open-minded" and "tolerant".

Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
I doubt Seinfield is wanting to play college campuses. I remember when I was in college in the 80's at an NACA booking conference and Jerry was one of the comedians you had to include airfare in his fees. That meant he had already made big top in 1983. To play colleges today you have to do; fart jokes, masturbating jokes, poop jokes, stoner jokes, and generally material to make pot heads laugh. Thats what campus activity people would much rather prefer than risk having a comedian who will push the envelope and maybe cross a line. The last thing a college needs is a cadre; of lesbians, gays, minorities and people in wheel chairs looking like a veritable circus protesting about one inconsiderate and insulting clown. (that they chose to go see)

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-22-2015 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies