Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:53 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times

Advertisements

By the by, how are those in the Asian "race" doing on this racially biased test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Sheesh the fact that he did not get that from my post is a little alarming to say the least.

I know republicans are not in charge of education. In fact I know that liberals and progressives have been in charge of education for over 40 years.
If you had put the sarcasm face there then I would have known.
Because there are posters who would have posted what you did with serious earnest.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
By the by, how are those in the Asian "race" doing on this racially biased test?
Oh come one. You know that we don't count Asians. They aren't "victims of society" like Blacks and Hispanics are.

Asians are the minority we don't talk about.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you had put the sarcasm face there then I would have known.
Because there are posters who would have posted what you did with serious earnest.
Yep, I should have done that I forget about those emoticons and I also forget that no matter how over the top ridiculous some of the things I write as sarcastic are actual beliefs by posters on C-D.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM

I'd rather see quotas (which is the real reason for this, too many white teachers) instead of this shake the cup with this hand so you can't see what the other hand is doing, in regards to Hispanic and Black inability to pass tests at the same rate as white people.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I'd rather see quotas (which is the real reason for this, too many white teachers) instead of this shake the cup with this hand so you can't see what the other hand is doing, in regards to Hispanic and Black inability to pass tests at the same rate as white people.
LOL..maybe you are not aware of this but that is DeBlasio's goal not only for teachers but for the elite NYC high schools.

If only 33% of NYC are White than only 33% of the teachers should be White and only 33% of the students in the elite high schools should be White.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Yeah, but can they spell DMV, much less even find it on a map?
Don't be jealous. You can do it too IF you are motivated.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:25 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/06/ny...ased.html?_r=0

This is the standard apparently:

"But the test was found to fail minority teaching candidates at a higher rate than white candidates. According to Friday’s decision, written by Judge Kimba M. Wood of Federal District Court in Manhattan, the pass rate for African-American and Latino candidates was between 54 percent and 75 percent of the pass rate for white candidates. Once it was established that minority applicants were failing at a disproportionately high rate, the burden shifted to education officials to prove that the skills being tested were necessary to do the job; otherwise, the test would be ruled discriminatory."

And people wonder why public education in the US is falling behind.
It has been going on by the fed gov't for years

My uncle gave the Civil Service exam.

When blacks couldn't pass it, they lowered the scores they had to get.

Too many STILL didn't pass it, so they quit requiring the test altogether.

And this was back in the 70's

Old 06-09-2015, 02:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/06/ny...ased.html?_r=0

This is the standard apparently:

"But the test was found to fail minority teaching candidates at a higher rate than white candidates. According to Friday’s decision, written by Judge Kimba M. Wood of Federal District Court in Manhattan, the pass rate for African-American and Latino candidates was between 54 percent and 75 percent of the pass rate for white candidates. Once it was established that minority applicants were failing at a disproportionately high rate, the burden shifted to education officials to prove that the skills being tested were necessary to do the job; otherwise, the test would be ruled discriminatory."

And people wonder why public education in the US is falling behind.
This is great. Now public schools can hire even more unqualified people and turn out more students that haven't learned much. Liberal policies are so productive.

Last edited by Wanderer0101; 06-09-2015 at 02:41 PM..

Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's a knowledge test, has nothing to do with intelligence. Unless you were a true imbecile anyone can divide 9 by 3 but if no one ever showed you how then you may not know.
And not knowing because someone didn't show you makes you qualified to teach. Golly, I will never understand the liberal mind, and I am really glad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies