Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:10 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just build it into the prices of the food. It would have been a slight increase across the board. Instead he chose to isolate it out like he did. Of course people will get upset. People get upset over non-issues all the time.
Considering the average dining party probably orders a couple dishes or more(probably comes to close to at least $15 to $20 per bill at a cheap diner), you could just add a couple cents on the dollar to every dish--meaning that $5.00 dishes become $5.10 and $10.00 dishes become $10.20 and so on and no one would notice or care that much. Charging a flat rate to tack onto bills will **** people off though, since everyone from a guy eating alone to a big party pays the same amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A CEO doesn't get your money. You get paid what you earn. He gets what he earns. You probably don't have the brains to become a CEO. He is a CEO because he does. He gets paid accordingly. You also get paid according to your knowledge and skills, and whatever the market value of your job is.
LOL. CEO's that destroy companies "earn" millions.....

Old 06-09-2015, 06:20 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think it is usually not a good business practice to take stands on political issues which is basically what this action does.
If the political issues are directly affecting your business then it is a great practice.

On a side note. I have been to this restaurant and it is good stuff.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:33 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
If the political issues are directly affecting your business then it is a great practice.

On a side note. I have been to this restaurant and it is good stuff.
Where does it end?

Should they put a property tax fee? A business license fee? Perhaps tack on a fee to cover the USF fee on their phone? Maybe stick a fuel tax fee on there too. Maybe a fee to cover the taxes on the fees they've tacked on, and another fee to cover the taxes on the fee to cover the taxes on the other fees?

It's ridiculous. They can do it if they want but they can also expect to annoy customers with their nonsense. Annoyed customers simply go somewhere else in the future.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Where does it end?

Should they put a property tax fee? A business license fee? Perhaps tack on a fee to cover the USF fee on their phone? Maybe stick a fuel tax fee on there too. Maybe a fee to cover the taxes on the fees they've tacked on, and another fee to cover the taxes on the fee to cover the taxes on the other fees?

It's ridiculous. They can do it if they want but they can also expect to annoy customers with their nonsense. Annoyed customers simply go somewhere else in the future.
Seeing that every single one of those fees contribute to the price you pay when you eat there, I say why not.

I personally enjoy listening to the people who vote for all of this crap (mandatory fees and wages) and then get their panties in bundle when they find out the business owner passes the cost on to them.

But as they say... ignorance is bliss.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Seeing that every single one of those fees contribute to the price you pay when you eat there, I say why not.

I personally enjoy listening to the people who vote for all of this crap (mandatory fees and wages) and then get their panties in bundle when they find out the business owner passes the cost of on them.

But as they say... ignorance is bliss.
Who are these mysterious people who support things like paying employees and licensing businesses but are unaware that those costs get passed on to the customer? These people seem to exist only in the minds of delusional right wingers.

People fully understand that and are willing to accept paying an extra $0.15 or whatever for their burger if it means the person behind the counter can afford a place to live and feed themselves without relying on government assistance.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:43 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Funny how all the LWNJs have their panties in a bunch over this. Why don't you want customers to see the cost of your policies? Oh...I guess that's obvious isn't it?

It makes a lot more sense and is cheaper to the company to charge the fee than to go and update all their menus.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Then refuse to purchase any product or service coming from a company with a CEO who you consider overpaid. Pardon me. but what brand computer are you posting from?
Still irrelevant and not addressing what I said. I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend a simple point.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who are these mysterious people who support things like paying employees and licensing businesses but are unaware that those costs get passed on to the customer?

This sounds like the BS the right spews about "free healthcare", which no one actually argues costs zero dollars.
I am not sure who those people are because that isn't what I said. But you are one of those people who doesn't like being shown how the crappy policies you support come back to affect you. If you are going to support minimum wage increases then don't whine about it.

Didn't the left and their "golden boy" Paul Krugman tell us that raising the minimum wage wouldn't raise prices? I suppose they were hoping restaurant owners would just raise meal prices so they could chalk it up to "increase food costs".

Old 06-09-2015, 06:49 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A CEO doesn't get your money. You get paid what you earn. He gets what he earns. You probably don't have the brains to become a CEO. He is a CEO because he does. He gets paid accordingly. You also get paid according to your knowledge and skills, and whatever the market value of your job is.
Same here. It's sad that you are either incapable of understanding a simple point or that you don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies