Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:42 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It's funny because most minorities on the Democrat plantation are conservative and Christian. But they continually vote for the the devil and bring him right into the white house and government. No sympathies here. Be smart enough to research what and who the hell you are voting for instead of relying on hearsay and some pathetic victim mentality.
And most whites on the Republican plantation are conservative and Christian. Yet they don't research what and who they are voting for and rely on hearsay and some pathetic victim mentality. "We are the harder workers" while sitting on welfare. Different sides of the same coin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
As a Gay yourself - how do you think that you are immoral? I find people like you fascinating. I don't understand what brought you to this point? If you were a gay man that denied his gaynes and didn't try to oppress his fellow gays then I wouldn't have an issue with you. But since you want to oppress what you find horrible about yourself - I have to wonder what your motive is? I'm sorry that you feel this way. I just don't know what made you oppress yourself. I hope you find peace.
I am not gay. I am not attracted sexually to the same sex... anyone can have the propensity to be attracted to the same sex. It is if they entertain it , believe it, and act on it .. I have nothing against any gay person. First they are God's creation and second they fall into sin. God loves ALL people the same. It is just we all fall into certain sin and make errors in their path of life. We have a wonderful God who loves us as sinners . Nothing can stop the love of God. Nothing!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I didn't know blacks favored marriage at all?
Seeing as how whites have a sky high divorce rate (like everyone else), doesn't look like they believe in it too much either.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Religion. Unfortunately, my people are infected with it while the rest of the world is throwing off those shackles, becoming more secular and enlightened.
this. I am black and am not surprised. Nearly 90% of black people are religious and that is the main contributing factor in the poll.

FWIW, I am surprised that the support from blacks is as high as it is.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
this. I am black and am not surprised. Nearly 90% of black people are religious and that is the main contributing factor in the poll.

Then maybe you would be surprised that the percentage of blacks that identify as LGBT are higher then whites. Of course any stats on the LGBT population does not measure the closet.

Black Gays Make Up Largest Share Of LGBT Community, Survey Shows

Old 06-10-2015, 11:02 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It's not "black culture" it's that African Americans are steeped in traditional Christianity, many are Pentecostal, Baptist or just culturally Christian. Religion plays a big part.
Thank you for this. But it doesn't matter to some of the idiots on this thread that will use any excuse to badmouth blacks and liberals. It's probably the reason this thread was created.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:56 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It's not "black culture" it's that African Americans are steeped in traditional Christianity, many are Pentecostal, Baptist or just culturally Christian. Religion plays a big part.
BS. The crime rate among blacks is one of the highest in the country despite their being only 13% of the population. So don't give us that crap about "religion". WHY do so many blacks on this forum constantly feel the need to defend other blacks on the mere basis of being of the same race?

Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Then maybe you would be surprised that the percentage of blacks that identify as LGBT are higher then whites.
No, not surprised at the number of gay black men as evidenced by gay and black people having the highest rates of HIV/AIDS infection in this country. Not surprised at all.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:51 PM

110 posts, read 123,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The churches have been very important in Black culture. They were instrumental in mobilizing the civil rights movement and simply getting Blacks together in one place. It was one of the few places they could be themselves and feel comfortable. Why do you think racist Christian Whites blew up Black churches in the south? Think about it.

Of course they vote D. Duh. Have you ever heard the GOP's platform? Have you ever read the opinions of the Whites on this forum (they represent the party, I think). Blacks may be a little behind on supporting SSM but I'm not really surprised. Or, it could be as simple as the oppressed oppressing. Thanks to the OP for the info. Very interesting...

Actually, most statements attributed to conservatives, or members of the GOP come from self-identifying liberal progressives on this forum, who make those erroneous statements based on the caricatures they have been brainwashed to believe from the likes of MSNBC and Comedy Central.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

So am I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Then maybe you would be surprised that the percentage of blacks that identify as LGBT are higher then whites. Of course any stats on the LGBT population does not measure the closet.

Black Gays Make Up Largest Share Of LGBT Community, Survey Shows
That surprises me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
BS. The crime rate among blacks is one of the highest in the country despite their being only 13% of the population. So don't give us that crap about "religion". WHY do so many blacks on this forum constantly feel the need to defend other blacks on the mere basis of being of the same race?
It's religion. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Crime and religion aren't mutually exclusive...they're potentially inclusive.

They go together like flies and poop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies