Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,950,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's not monetary gain for the sake of it, it's being able to keep enough to buy freedom from the rat race. If government keeps taking and taking it makes it harder to accumulate enough. Hey, if you want to give your money away, be my guest, I don't mind paying taxes but I do mind paying other people's share.

If you don't understand that much then you're doomed to a life of economic slavery.
Unless you are a millioniare, then you are living in a system perpetuated by economic slavery. The proposed tax rates don't even apply to anyone making more than an obscene amount of money.

Myself? I own rental properties and was able to quit my job with corporate America in order to finish my degree to persue an occupation I feel more philosophically inclined towards. I was able to put myself in a pretty comfortable position. But the 270 people who reported to me? They don't have a chance. We didn't pay them crap. There will never again be enough high paying jobs to accomodate the amount of people that need them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 10:51 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
No, it's not. It's a realization that there is no real class mobility in the United States, and that we have much opportunity to give all human beings, which I consider to be inherently equal, a chance to lead a comfortable and prosperous life in America today.
See I might have had a listen but as soon as I heard Obama lying about high income being rich, knowing full well he was talking to people who don't have a clue, people who don't know the difference between high income and wealth, I don't care to listen to any more of his lies or liberal lies.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,613,611 times
Quote:
LOL, sure read below. You sure were puffing your chest out. Now how can I be jealous of nurses, really? Really? And you said you would go crazy if you don't work? That's a sign that you need to get a life. Then again, people who work in healthcare, it's hard to have a life working those shift but at least try.
Your inferiority complex continues to show. Nothing said there was pumping my chest out. I just mentioned what I do and why it works for me. By the way, you can balance life between work and personal life. It's called purpose. I'm very sorry you haven't found one in your life.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
See I might have had a listen but as soon as I heard Obama lying about high income being rich, knowing full well he was talking to people who don't have a clue, people who don't know the difference between high income and wealth, I don't care to listen to any more of his lies or liberal lies.
I don't like Obama either, but there are issues in our society that need addressing. He can't do it, but neither can the next Republican hard liner. There needs to be a real conversation in America about wealth distribution and mobility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6a87L_f7js

Old 06-09-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Your inferiority complex continues to show. Nothing said there was pumping my chest out. I just mentioned what I do and why it works for me. By the way, you can balance life between work and personal life. It's called purpose. I'm very sorry you haven't found one in your life.
LOL, oh the drama. Oh and you have a purpose all right... to get up, punch in, hand out meds, Are you one of those nurses that ignore the call bell? Do you tell CNA's (lower on the totem pole) to tend to patients personal needs, chart, and then chart some more. Are you one of those nurses that can't handle a suctioning?

Hey if you want to work until your old as the hills that's your choice but don't be so arrogant to think you have the right to tell others what they should do with with their life and money.

Last edited by petch751; 06-09-2015 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I don't like Obama either, but there are issues in our society that need addressing. He can't do it, but neither can the next Republican hard liner.
Exactly, and anyone who thinks that government can legislate their prosperity is a useful fool. They'll die waiting.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Exactly, and anyone who thinks that government can legislate their prosperity is a useful fool. They'll die waiting.
I wish there was a better tool available than the government to affect change, but I don't know of one. Do you?

Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I wish there was a better tool available than the government to affect change, but I don't know of one. Do you?
Yes, people not being so gullible, especially when a politician that wants your vote panders to them,
Yes, people taking responsibility for themselves instead of looking to others to do the hard work.
Yes, people educating themselves in personal financial matters so the big banks can't take advantage of them so easily.

Yes, people looking in the mirror and taking blame for being so naive then "learning from it'. If you blame you can't learn from your mistakes because you think "someone else caused the problem, never you".

Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Yep, I found my purpose and it certainly isn't being a useful fool wanting to give my money away so I'll have to work till I die. It isn't working weekends and holidays hoping I can get a holiday off to spend with my family while the government demands I pay even more in taxes. No thanks, been there, done that.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, people not being so gullible, especially when a politician that wants your vote panders to them,
Yes, people taking responsibility for themselves instead of looking to others to do the hard work.
Yes, people educating themselves in personal financial matters so the big banks can't take advantage of them so easily.

Yes, people looking in the mirror and taking blame for being so naive then "learning from it'. If you blame you can't learn from your mistakes because you think "someone else caused the problem, never you".
I believed like you for a long time. I really did think that it was all fair, and we all had the same chance. I was even as brash as you about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies