Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2015, 03:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So they did want you to wait 2 weeks but you decided to argue I was wrong when i said most have to wait weeks..
You THINK. When in recent history were you able to get an appointment to see a doctor in less than a week or two? Are you really going to claim that pre ACA you could get an appointment the same day? You just want to argue and it's really boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 03:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're just being obtuse.
No YOU are.. ACA was passed claiming we needed to insure every single dam american.

I said ACA wont work because people who lacked insurance pre ACA often times did so by choice and thus ACA wouldnt insure them.

Your response, people post ACA lack insurance.. out of choice

Thank you for validating I was completely accurate all these years..

Old 06-13-2015, 03:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What they bill Medicaid is immaterial to the payment amount and the payment would be the same if they used an urgent care, or an ER. To want hospitals to maintain 2 waiting rooms isnt very cost effective given they would still need to use the same xray machines etc.

Most ER's actually have exactly what you say without maintaining 2 waiting rooms. True ER's are rushed through the back door from ambulances while everyone else, non emergency, sit in the waiting room.
I don't understand the mentality of people who would drive past an Urgent Care office to get to the ER for a minor illness. It makes zero sense to me. I wish ER's would turn people away and direct them to the nearest Urgent Care.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You THINK. When in recent history were you able to get an appointment to see a doctor in less than a week or two? Are you really going to claim that pre ACA you could get an appointment the same day? You just want to argue and it's really boring.
Now you are changing the parameters of the discussion we were having.

We were talking about why people use the ER, the response to you claiming they should be denied treatment at the hospital was that they have to wait weeks to see the Doctors..

No one said anything pre ACA about seeing a doctor the same day.. You want to put words in my mouth and then argue I'm wrong, even though NO ONE SAID THAT.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
I could. I guess it must have depended on where people live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don't understand the mentality of people who would drive past an Urgent Care office to get to the ER for a minor illness. It makes zero sense to me. I wish ER's would turn people away and direct them to the nearest Urgent Care.
We have an Urgent Care here in our neighborhood for children, I once took my child there for something, they ended up sending him to the ER anyways, who then made an appointment to see a doctor weeks later.

its all a runaround cluster fk..

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I do think that is a good idea. I have often wondered why hospitals don't just have an "Urgent Care on the premises to refer people to. I bet it has to do with money. if they can charge Medicaid thousands of dollars to treat someone for a mild illness, I don't see them turning the opportunity down.
There is one hospital that I know of in Northern California that does that, they triage patients and send them to a different part of the facility staffed by nurse practitioners for non emergency care, it seems to be quite successful. In my opinion some hospitals will never do that because they love getting the big bucks for looking in a babies ear and prescribing an antibiotic.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
There is one hospital that I know of in Northern California that does that, they triage patients and send them to a different part of the facility staffed by nurse practitioners for non emergency care, it seems to be quite successful. In my opinion some hospitals will never do that because they love getting the big bucks for looking in a babies ear and prescribing an antibiotic.
What part of, the payment is the same, dont you comprehend?

Old 06-13-2015, 03:21 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I doubt they will do anything to fix this mess, but, the republicans are in a tough spot as well. I hate them all personally. I think less is more.
And the Insurance Companies laugh their arses off all the way to the bank.

You guys are silly -- The Insurance lobby wrote the legislation to benefit the Insurance industry.

They don't care about anything other than their bottom line -- and yet here you are, blaming political factions.

Hey -- Here's an idea ... Lower the cost of medical care by outlawing the Insurance Industry -- Your $3,000.00 MRI would only cost $250.00 (or less) ... and, if people got a clue about having to pay their own, then they might be more apt to take care of themselves.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missterri View Post
they risk destroying their credit. There are consequences to not paying bills.
lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies