Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:08 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Why?
Because I feed the birds when I photograph them and it spills in my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:27 PM

698 posts, read 587,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, if you know you have done something wrong, hell even if you are watching something "go down" and the cop tells you to stop, because you are meddling...then don't continue to do what the cop just said NOT to do.

So, let me ask you this, what is the difference between cops 25 years ago, the people 25 years ago, vs today.

Was it the cops overstepping or did the people just start to say F you....cop....
IMO, the major difference between cops today and the cops of yesteryear is that today's cops are much more likely to use physical and even deadly force to make people comply with their demands. The police no longer use any reason or rational thought when dealing with people. They make demands and anything less than immediate full compliance is considered grounds for them to begin the process of assault, pepper spray, tazing and eventually shooting someone. Is it an issue of training, too many ex-military cops that missed out on their chance to kill and injure in an actual war zone or just power hungry steroid using meatheads that get off on beating people up?

I don't know, but even upper middle class white people are afraid of the police now. Way too many of today's police officers are sadistic psychopaths. I am not going to risk my life on the off chance that I am dealing with one of the few good cops that are left.

The best way to treat a modern cop is to handle them like they were a dangerous, predatory wild animal. Never make eye contact or approach them in any manner, try not to capture their attention and if they look at you or move toward you, run for your life. And even that is no guarantee that they won't just shoot you in the back.

Just like any criminal gang, today's police officers will kill you for merely disrespecting them and their colors. A criminal is at least deterred by the threat of getting caught and going to prison, cops know that they have the entire system watching their back.

Last edited by newtoks; 06-15-2015 at 12:38 PM..

Old 06-15-2015, 03:58 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which probable explains why you blindly follow orders.
You obviously have a LOT to learn about the military.....and your ignorance is noted!!

Quote:
btw Belonging to a group doesn't make one more knowledgeable.
Maybe in your world of hamburger flippers, but that's like saying that you know more about being a Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) inspector than a level 3 certified NDI inspector (NADCAP), when you are not or ever have been.

Now quick, run and look up those definitions...:rolle yes:

Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
IMO, the major difference between cops today and the cops of yesteryear is that today's cops are much more likely to use physical and even deadly force to make people comply with their demands. The police no longer use any reason or rational thought when dealing with people. They make demands and anything less than immediate full compliance is considered grounds for them to begin the process of assault, pepper spray, tazing and eventually shooting someone. Is it an issue of training, too many ex-military cops that missed out on their chance to kill and injure in an actual war zone or just power hungry steroid using meatheads that get off on beating people up?

I don't know, but even upper middle class white people are afraid of the police now. Way too many of today's police officers are sadistic psychopaths. I am not going to risk my life on the off chance that I am dealing with one of the few good cops that are left.

The best way to treat a modern cop is to handle them like they were a dangerous, predatory wild animal. Never make eye contact or approach them in any manner, try not to capture their attention and if they look at you or move toward you, run for your life. And even that is no guarantee that they won't just shoot you in the back.

Just like any criminal gang, today's police officers will kill you for merely disrespecting them and their colors. A criminal is at least deterred by the threat of getting caught and going to prison, cops know that they have the entire system watching their back.
Good post. I literally consider them a criminal gang, not just similar to one. They're the enforcers of the gang of people we call the government. They all work to extort money from people and control them. The difference between the state and the mafia is that people are, I'd say duped, into thinking that the state isn't the same because you can choose your gang leaders...sort of. You get a couple choices every few years and they don't really listen anyway. Outside of that, they operate under the mafia model.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
You obviously have a LOT to learn about the military.....and your ignorance is noted!!
Yet you offer no proof because you have none. Just the ability to speak for others while knowing little on a subject. Ignorance and arrogance are two horrible qualities to have.

Quote:
Maybe in your world of hamburger flippers, but that's like saying that you know more about being a Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) inspector than a level 3 certified NDI inspector (NADCAP), when you are not or ever have been.

Now quick, run and look up those definitions...:rolle yes:
Hey look at me I was in the Army I know abbreviations
Which, of course, has nothing to do with what I asked.

The answer to the question, which you ran from, is easy to those with knowledge about our founding. We didn't fight to replace their tyranny with our tyranny.
Now do as you're told mundane.
Quick falsely testify again. I could use a few laughs at your expense again.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Good post. I literally consider them a criminal gang, not just similar to one. They're the enforcers of the gang of people we call the government. They all work to extort money from people and control them. The difference between the state and the mafia is that people are, I'd say duped, into thinking that the state isn't the same because you can choose your gang leaders...sort of. You get a couple choices every few years and they don't really listen anyway. Outside of that, they operate under the mafia model.
Exactly right. The biggest organized crime unit in America.
When individuals are not held accountable they'll get away with what they can. And it's at the tax payers expense. Adding insult to injury.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
a person who is perceived to lack a certain form of enlightenment, intelligence, or talent.

AND from your own link
1. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.

LMAO, you linked it and still don't know. Absolutely beautiful.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
So question them on every point, challange their authority, and generally plague the police officer with an endless string of "why"
Which post said that?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A policeman, like anyone else, may ask me to do something. If I agree, I will do it. For example stopping at a road construction site to let oncoming traffic through.

No one had the right to TELL me to do anything unless they are my employer. As an employee I agreed to do what I was told. If I disagreed I left. Only the military could TELL me to do anything they wanted and I had to comply because I could not quit. I hated that.

As I have an outside non work related income I do not have an employer to tell me what to do. I do not HAVE to do ANYTHING ANYONE TELLS me to do. The compulsion is no longer there. I like this.
Exactly right. If the police tell you to stop filming when you have every right to film, then keep filming. If they demand an ID when you haven't broken any law, then don't show it.
It's part of the job for police to lie.
No one should ever do something for the sole reason the police said so. Lest we forget, civil disobedience turned the tide during the Civil Rights marches.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:13 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
a person who is perceived to lack a certain form of enlightenment, intelligence, or talent.

AND from your own link
1. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.

LMAO, you linked it and still don't know. Absolutely beautiful.
Yep, which is why I asked the question, because it does NOT relate to the OP...

Just because you say it does....

Freaking amazing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies