Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 06:34 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,984,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
My favorite Liberal policy was attacking Saddam Hussein because he may have threatened my father. Oh, wait. That was a RWNJ's idea.
...and Hillary Clinton,John Kerry,Jay Rockefeller and other DemocRats who backed it but not fund it?
GregW. tell the whole truth of our involvement not just LWNJ spin!
Bill Clinton attacked Saddam for threatening the elder Bush at about the same time Billy was attacking Monica's bush...

Old 06-11-2015, 06:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not ridiculous at all. I have been observing the repeated use of certain words, phrases and clichés by Leftists for some time. It's quite amusing.
The term "common sense" when it relates to firearms is particularly abused. Gun control nuts are completely devoid of common sense regarding the subject. Pun intended. Instead, hysteria rules their emotions.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:44 AM

58,715 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
My favorite Liberal policy was attacking Saddam Hussein because he may have threatened my father. Oh, wait. That was a RWNJ's idea.
"That was a RWNJ's idea"

Actually it was Clinton's when he signed the Regime Change for Iraq bill but, was too cowardly to carry it out.

Typical dem, All talk and NO action.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
I do not need to hide the fact that I am a LIBERAL. I am proud of being a Liberal instead of a selfish greed and fear driven would be tyrant of a Konservative.
The biggest difference I see between conservatives and liberals is that liberals have critical thinking skills, whilst Republicans outsource this to various right wing media outlets and their churches, respectively

Old 06-11-2015, 09:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,192,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Right wing troll tactics to look out for:

1. They start threads like this one, goading anyone who identifies as a liberal into an argument. They do this while also going on the defensive and communicating their outrage over how these silly-yet-dangerous liberals have ruined absolutely everything.

2. They attract the usual right wing idiots who join in with the taunting, mistake antagonism for humor and continue to reinforce their delusions of superiority.

3. Their writing style heavily follows the Rush Limbaugh model with its cocktail of logical fallacies, general ignorance, copious attacks and obnoxiousness.

4. They are unable to grasp complex ideas and need everything to be 'common sense'. Anything that isn't 'common sense' is dismissed as liberal bulls--t. For example, all AGW-related debates will stall at 'The climate always changes'. The reasons why the climate changes will never be discussed as this would make things too complicated.

5. They are attracted to concepts like freedom and self-determination, however when pressed will be unable to appreciate or even understand any contradictions inherent to these concepts and will always fall back on conspiracy, paranoia and outrage.
Great post.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:02 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
Right wing troll tactics to look out for:

1. They start threads like this one, goading anyone who identifies as a liberal into an argument. They do this while also going on the defensive and communicating their outrage over how these silly-yet-dangerous liberals have ruined absolutely everything.

2. They attract the usual right wing idiots who join in with the taunting, mistake antagonism for humor and continue to reinforce their delusions of superiority.

3. Their writing style heavily follows the Rush Limbaugh model with its cocktail of logical fallacies, general ignorance, copious attacks and obnoxiousness.

4. They are unable to grasp complex ideas and need everything to be 'common sense'. Anything that isn't 'common sense' is dismissed as liberal bulls--t. For example, all AGW-related debates will stall at 'The climate always changes'. The reasons why the climate changes will never be discussed as this would make things too complicated.

5. They are attracted to concepts like freedom and self-determination, however when pressed will be unable to appreciate or even understand any contradictions inherent to these concepts and will always fall back on conspiracy, paranoia and outrage.
/thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:06 AM

876 posts, read 996,682 times
I don't agree that children are something we should not really care about. As a conservative, I believe that sometimes children should in fact be taken into account.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:08 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,077,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here are words/phrases that liberals commonly use to spin topics in nonsensical ways to promote their agenda. I decided to make a list of these phrases as well as their literal meanings to help prevent intellectually honest people from being fooled.

1. gun nuts = people who don't oppose gun control
2. poor, hungry people = career welfare collectors
3. greedy capitalists = people who work harder so they can have more
4. diversity = whites need not apply
5. the children = last ditch effort by playing on peoples' emotions
6. racist = they don't want to hear the truth
7. handouts for the rich = taking less of the money they earned
8. global warming = need more money to study nothing
9. green = pollutes in china instead of US
10. poor immigrants = democratic voters
11. minimum wage = pay me more than I'm worth
12. right-wing extremist = not a liberal
13. free = get someone else to pay for it

Feel free to add to the list of liberal catch phrases. Let's see how long it takes before a liberal tries to derail the thread by diverting to another topic.
The thing is, this is also just a list of conservative propaganda. Believe it or not, some people actually are poor and hungry but to assume everyone who has ever been on welfare was on there because they are lazy is conservative propaganda, just as saying everyone on welfare just needs a little boost is liberal propaganda.

I could do this for several of these. For example, I've heard conservatives say 'for the children' on various occasional as well. It's not a partisan problem; it's the problem of someone so desperate, they make an issue sound urgent when in reality, it's probably not. But I don't feel like going into each one of these so I'll just leave it at that.

But good effort.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:56 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,523,767 times
Quote:
I do not need to hide the fact that I am a LIBERAL. I am proud of being a Liberal instead of a selfish greed and fear driven would be tyrant of a Konservative.
People take pride in the most ridiculous things.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:59 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,523,767 times
Quote:
I love this one. As soon as a liberal says you can't grasp "complex ideas" or "nuance" it means without fail they are spouting a bunch of reeking nonsense but you are required to believe it. Truly pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies