Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:34 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
The predictable result of spending too much time in the right wing echo chamber. It all sounds so reasonable when you hear millionaire media celebrities spout the same crap 24/7 on Fox News and talk radio.

In the real world, not so much.
You would never hear this on Fox. You would hear this in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 09:37 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe it's time to state the obvious--this woman is too stupid to be teaching anyone. Seriously, anyone who doesn't know by now how much trouble you get into by posting inflammatory things on social media does not possess the brains it takes to be a teacher. This woman is better suited as a Walmart greeter, where she will not be required to have to think.
Maybe she can be replaced with some of those minority candidates who can't pass the discriminatory NY teachers' exam. Now that would be racial justice.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
if you are white you a racist, you can say hello or thank you to an AA and your a racist.
Well that has some truth to it, courtesy doesn't hide the reeking racism that exudes from so many.

By the way, that's you're not your.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Maybe she can be replaced with some of those minority candidates who can't pass the discriminatory NY teachers' exam. Now that would be racial justice.
See what I mean?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If I was a teacher I would not have a facebook account.
Teachers in my local school district don't. I live about an hour's drive from McKinney.

There's a standard clause in the handbook much like the one in Frenship but it goes a little further.

in addition, the teachers are told at every back-to-school convocation: "The decision to maintain a social media presence is yours. Just remember that every comment you make will be scrutinzed - not by us [i.e. school administration] but by your students, their parents, their neighbors, and the community in general. And they hold you to a very high standard."
There are about 1300 teachers in our district and as far as I know, not one has a FB account under his/her real name. Some have Twitter accounts but only post informational things like reminders of school events.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:48 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Everyone is racist and hypocrites, those that express it and are caught, will pay the price.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:04 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
She deserved to get fired. I truly do believe that the attitudes and biases of teachers in the classroom is one of the direct contributors to the academic gap in our country in regards to race.

On the quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Been teaching for 20 years.
Now fired.
No one will hire her after this.
So she can kiss that pension goodby (need 30 years or rule of 70)

Her post was up less than 24 hours.
School was pressured to fire her.

And to tell you the truth, I've seen worse posts here on C-D. It's people's opinions/rants/vents. But I would never think to hunt down their identity and then proceed to get them fired from their jobs.

I actually have thought about doing this. Many self-proclaimed teachers here don't need to be teaching youth who state extremely prejudicial and racist thoughts. But I'm too techy dumb to do something like that. If I wasn't though, I would.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Lubbock Texas teacher was fired after posting on Facebook that the pool party shows the need for segregation. I'm amazed at the CLM stuff people post publicly using their real names.

"Songbird • a minute ago
Facebook should be called FootinMouthBook.
It never ceases to gobsmack me the things people say there~~and while tweeting, etc.
The DNA for Stupid is amazing!
I do not belong to FB and won't even allow my name to be used by friends and family!"

nadreev • 8 minutes ago
How can a grown woman, an educated professional, be so f-ing stupid as to post something so horrible on social media. What an absolute fool, yet people do this all the time.

Texas teacher says McKinney case ‘almost’ enough to wish for segregation — but she’s ‘not racist’

FIRED! Texas teacher let go after saying McKinney pool party ‘almost’ shows need for racial segregation

I’m going to just go ahead and say it … the blacks are the ones causing the problems and this ‘racial tension,’” Fitzgibbons said. “I guess that’s what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education. I’m sure their parents are just as guilty for not knowing what their kids were doing; or knew it and didn’t care.”

“I’m almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone,” Fitzgibbons said. “Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something. Now, let the bashing of my true and honest opinion begin….GO!”

This Lubbock Tx. teacher has never been to Craig Ranch in McKinney Tx. Average home $550.000 minimum sq.ft. 3200

Black or white, these kids are not uneducated, or impoverished.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
She deserved to get fired. I truly do believe that the attitudes and biases of teachers in the classroom is one of the direct contributors to the academic gap in our country in regards to race.

On the quote below:

I actually have thought about doing this. Many self-proclaimed teachers here don't need to be teaching youth who state extremely prejudicial and racist thoughts. But I'm too techy dumb to do something like that. If I wasn't though, I would.

I don't feel they should be fired. They need to be educated.

Everyone has an opinion. A government cannot punish you for that opinion. A private business... YES.. Not a government, funded with tax dollars.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:11 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't feel they should be fired. They need to be educated.

Everyone has an opinion. A government cannot punish you for that opinion. A private business... YES.. Not a government, funded with tax dollars.
Were the teacher black and stating that the white man is the Devil on Facebook, would you be as accommodating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies