Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 01:19 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Anyone who votes for the trade BS without reading it should be punished.

“It’s declassified and made public once it’s agreed to,” Ryan said of Obamatrade in Rules Committee testimony on Wednesday during questioning from Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX). What Ryan is trying to convince House Republicans to do is vote for Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) which would fast-track at least three highly secretive trade deals—specifically the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), the Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA), and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP)—and potentially more deals."

Paul Ryan

If it's so great let's see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 01:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Well it was just a matter of time.

Ryan isn't stupid. If Pelosi did it and got away with it then he can too.

I've posted that the left need to watch what they allow their elected officials to get away with because one day the other side will be in power and do the same thing.

The left cannot criticize Ryan for doing exactly what Pelosi did and got applauded for.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I support liberalized trade agreements. I do not know what these agreements are about. This time we need to see what's in it before we pass it.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:34 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I support liberalized trade agreements. I do not know what these agreements are about. This time we need to see what's in it before we pass it.
Who's we? Fast track needs no "we" about it, Congress is left out, thanks to Nixon.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Who's we? Fast track needs no "we" about it, Congress is left out, thanks to Nixon.
Read the opening post to see what Congress is going to vote on.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:41 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hmm, I saw Paul Ryan just yesterday, not sure which program now because I see so many, where he explained in detail what this agreement does and does not do. I have always supported Paul because he is one of the few Congressmen who really understand economics and puts all the damned legal language into simple English! He does know what he is talking about. Very refreshing!

Old 06-11-2015, 01:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Hmm, I saw Paul Ryan just yesterday, not sure which program now because I see so many, where he explained in detail what this agreement does and does not do. I have always supported Paul because he is one of the few Congressmen who really understand economics and puts all the damned legal language into simple English! He does know what he is talking about. Very refreshing!
LOL. Paul Ryan does not understand this trade deal. I guarantee it. He is regurgitating a summary provided for him by some of the businesses who are arranging it.

Later he will act surprised by the unintended consequences.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
House has passed a bill allowing Obama to do this.
It's now waiting on the Senate to write and pass a bill.

A lot of heavy pressure is coming from the WH to pass it.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:13 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Liberal and conservative differences make no difference for this. They're secret for a reason. Corporations and rich people don't micro-manage politics, but when most of them want something big they flex their hidden muscles ..... they wouldn't give money to both Dems and Repubs if they didn't expect it too pay off big in the long run.

Donkeys and elephants have a basic choice between votes and big money interests, usually the asses go for more voters directly, while the fat cats go for buying propaganda such as paid internet postings (Koch brothers strategy) or funding "conservative Christian" preachers (in quotes because they don't seem to be really Christian, don't seem to have read all the teachings of the Christ). Lately the asses are doing elephant things by caving to Big Business interests secretly, while pretending to be on the side of ordinary people.

Old 06-11-2015, 02:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it was just a matter of time.

Ryan isn't stupid. If Pelosi did it and got away with it then he can too.

I've posted that the left need to watch what they allow their elected officials to get away with because one day the other side will be in power and do the same thing.

The left cannot criticize Ryan for doing exactly what Pelosi did and got applauded for.
yes I've seen the same thing. I remember when Reid pulled his stunt the left thought it was funny. You couldn't tell them it wasn't smart to give any politician on any side of the isle that power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies